Home

Front Page Sports Football...

This is a discussion on Front Page Sports Football... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #17
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Front Page Sports Football...

Gotta love those flashbacks. Played the original FPSFB (not even pro) on a 386 20Mhz machine with...wait for it...2 meg of ram! Then proceeded to own every version after that, even the disaster known as '99.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

My best football memories are good ol Dynamix football. But going back even further to '94. I remember buiding this dominant custom team, designing the uniforms, making every single play and kicking ***.

My friend also had his own dynasty. So one night I took my hard drive out of my PC and we hooked it up to his machine cuz all my plays etc. were on in. Then we finally had it out.

I make this defense called 'Suicide' that was essentially an 8 man all out blitz. It was insane. We played an epic battle that I ended up winning 44-38. It was crazy. I was a passing team but she shut me down so I went to the run and broke off a few long ones.

I remember my recievers. #80 Charles Minister and #19 Vinny Crafts.

Best football gaming moments of my entire life with that game.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #19
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Man you're in for a trip down nostaglia lane when you get this. I might have to scour ebay for it myself. Let me know what troubles you run into running it on XP.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:27 AM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
My best football memories are good ol Dynamix football. But going back even further to '94. I remember buiding this dominant custom team, designing the uniforms, making every single play and kicking ***.

My friend also had his own dynasty. So one night I took my hard drive out of my PC and we hooked it up to his machine cuz all my plays etc. were on in. Then we finally had it out.

I make this defense called 'Suicide' that was essentially an 8 man all out blitz. It was insane. We played an epic battle that I ended up winning 44-38. It was crazy. I was a passing team but she shut me down so I went to the run and broke off a few long ones.

I remember my recievers. #80 Charles Minister and #19 Vinny Crafts.

Best football gaming moments of my entire life with that game.
I can't rememember the name, but there was a generic Marion Butts on the SD team. I designed the good ole wham play from the offset I, and he used to just chew defenses up.

Man I loved those games.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Will these games work on Windows XP?
Yes but it's not very stable. I have 98 installed.(Still have every FPSFB and BB game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #22
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

I loved reading everyones nostalgic memories. I still have every version to this day (none for sale btw lol).

I have never tried to install any of them on this pc. I may just load up a few versions.

Most are on CD, but my FBPro 96' is on 3.5 floppys LOL.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

I started playing 98 again a while ago. It has its limits compared to todays games but there is a lot of features that are far superior to Madden 06 or NFL 2K5.

I don't understand why games today can't implement some of those ideas.
Old 12-09-2023, 01:23 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I believe the reason why is that it actually play every game out. You didn't see it displayed, but it played out every game, which is why you got to see the highlights. You could actually set it to save every play from simmed games so you could actually watch "game film" of the other teams.

There are features in that game, that to this day still haven't been matched. The play editor alone is far superior to anything we have to day. Pre snap shifts and motion? Sweet.

I been saying that ever since FPS: FBP series ended. No USA FB game has ever had the features that it had. Not only the plays editing/customization, from scratch, but game plans (which really are just Play Sheets) & Profiles (heck, doing just one of the Profiles to complete end could take weeks!). That is why I know that what all other USA FB games are doing is just dumbing down fans of all of FB. I sure wish I could find a way to play FPS: FBP '98 on my laptop & watch (or maybe even own & HC) online custom leagues/associations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »