Home

Front Page Sports FB Pro 98

This is a discussion on Front Page Sports FB Pro 98 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2023, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Front Page Sports FB Pro 98

Found my original disc and game loaded. Now looking for accurate historical single seasons that have all teams for 1970s and 1980s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 04:51 PM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Front Page Sports FB Pro 98

This is the game that started it all for me. Sierra Front Page Sports Football Pro 97.

98 was the goat, though. 99 unfortunately killed the series, from what I recall.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:45 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
This is the game that started it all for me. Sierra Front Page Sports Football Pro 97.

98 was the goat, though. 99 unfortunately killed the series, from what I recall.
Yep, loved FBPRO 97! I played the heck out of that game. I think it was the best version of the series (yes, better than 98). And, yeah, 99 was so bad, they gave us our money back and a free game (if I recall correctly).

To OP, sorry, no I do not know any current sites with rosters.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

My brother, father and I can still name guys from our league nearly 30 years ago. Veteran backup QB Ethan Anno!

Still the best injury system of any FB game.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:02 PM   #5
Rookie

lordenforcer's Arena

Does anyone know how to SLOWLY adjust the camera angles lol.. when adjusting it goes light speed from one extreme to the other
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2023, 04:15 PM   #6
Banned

This is by far the best computer sports (let alone USA FootBall) game ever made! The current series of computer sports (let alone USA FootBall) games (especially, EAS's Madden-NCAA FootBall) are just dumbing down computer sports (especially, USA FootBall) game fans & since they are also real world Sports (let alone USA FootBall) Fans, they are also dumbing down real world sports (let alone USA FootBall) fans with what I call FLUFF things (enough with visuals & such stuff, where the heck are the thinking persons' sports games' features?!?!?!?!).* Sure they are not the only ones, real world & Computer Sports broadcasters & Sports Leagues-Associations-Organizations (from announcers-talk show hosts, ESPN/ABC! & The NFL-NCAA-SimulationFL & Etc.) are also doing so*. They are light years behind *what made FPS: FBP series the best ever (editing of plays-profiles [DUMBING DOWN WITHOUT PLAY-PROFILE EDITING & ETC. & I HATE THAT], customization/editing of league & unlimited-stored all & more on one's computer & Etc.)!* Yes, I will say there are things that current Computer/Internet Sports (Let alone USA FootBall) Games are better at (almost completely because the last FBP version was what 23-years ago).

If you read my details & I am also a former high schoold USA FB Assistant Coach, ESE & PE facilitator, with a few former educational certifications & a degree in teaching Learning Disabilities, from "the best" (the state education will tell you that) higher educational school, then you will know I know what I am posting about.
Since FPS:FB Pro series (best by far was '98 version), I have been suffering through EAS's Madden-College FB & Simulation Football League. Still watching this SimulationFL crap- contact me & can provide you why, I know it is crap. Even though I am not a person that would ever do more than watch a simulation of any sports or levels, I have been watching consecutively for at least 4-years/8-seasons, I cannot find any better- except what I am trying to create.

For a while now, I been trying to find a way to create my own Computer/Internet Sports Associations (starting with USA FootBall & created my own sports, to use in The GW'sSAs) . I need help in creating it; I have a ton of sports experience, but in computer/Internet sports games.

Just today, it occurred to me (though I admite I do not have any knowledge in Sports Gaming indsutry), why cannot some Computer/Internet FootBall Gaming Company that does not want to dumb down the users & fans & real world FootBall fans just-

Take FPS: FBP '98,
Take away the stuff that is outdated & replace it with the best available to them (Internet participation-VR/graphics & Etc.)
&

Take what The FPS: FBP '98 still has not been matched (editing of plays-profiles [DUMBING DOWN WITHOUT PLAY-PROFILE EDITING & ETC. & I HATE THAT], customization/editing of league & unlimited-stored all & more on one's computer & Etc.) & add it into the rest.

Yes, that is a very simplistic presentation of the idea; while I have a ton of sports experience, I do not have any knowledge in Sports Gaming indsutry.

Last edited by HelpComputerSportsAs; 12-07-2023 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Finally, posted enough to edit my past posts' mistakes- replace ***. with Assistant & add current ability to do VR
Old 12-06-2023, 04:32 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo
My brother, father and I can still name guys from our league nearly 30 years ago. Veteran backup QB Ethan Anno!

Yeah, there was a year or two, when I played with my father, younger brother. Before I was willing to devote more scouting time & play-profile editing time, that I was whipped them so bad, they quit. Then less than a decade later I was doing the same with my uncle & his son/my cousin, with suffering through Madden; but then with the dumbing down & cheats & joystick over FootBall knowledge/ton better Play & Game Plan- really should been title a Play Sheet (what it really is) editing & Madden did not have Profile Editing, I end up only winning the very first NCAA Championship & always #2 from every seasons since, uncle was not really caring past just having fun with family.
Old 12-06-2023, 04:34 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo

Really?!?!?!?!?! How so???? I am the biggest fan, yet, I have never thought of that. Probably just so many things that FPS:FBP series was the best at & still best at that I just forgot some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »