Home

Varsity High School Football Video Game in Development - Here's What We Know So Far

This is a discussion on Varsity High School Football Video Game in Development - Here's What We Know So Far within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-07-2023, 05:45 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: High School Football Game in Development

Hey Kingd803 love your Avatar; but still not what I want as mine.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #74
Rookie

Re: Varsity High School Football Video Game in Development - Here's What We Know So F

Just found out about this. I am super excited about it, something I have been awaiting for decades. The original Maximum Football/Doug Flutie was just too clunky and jerky, and not very easy to edit. This sounds fantastic!
As for those who don't see the point, I have been coaching football at the secondary level for 40 years, and I want something to scratch my itch during the offseason! Yea!
Old 12-08-2023, 09:46 AM   #75
Rookie

Re: Varsity High School Football Video Game in Development - Here's What We Know So F

This game is shaping up to be great. Seems like they are making good progress! Can't wait to make my school and rewrite the record books
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2023, 12:46 PM   #76
Just started!

Wonder who HelpComputerSportsAs voted for.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
I remember in old NCAA sports games, your player could get suspended for grades or conduct,

More I thought about this game & his above comment, the more I think he is right, because it simulates realism. i been in real world problems with boosters, parents & PWFBL-high school players. I been there as:
We (head of the optimist club, my dad & I were creating the helmets & such) created a PWFBL optimist club, that I was coaching DEs for my younger brother's team & the best player/DE & OG for three-years, yet my father & newly hired HC (from nearby & more successful optimist club) could not get along & my family left (not saying my father was right or wrong, I never knew, but would definitely not be surprised).
The PWFBL team I played on had a game where the boosters, parents & coaching staff (my father was both) & teammates got into a brawl on the field, both teams (I am not a aggressive person & my HC/friend ordered me to stay on our sidelines, as he went to break it all up, so I watched the whole thing) i saw my dad pick-up a obese opponent's coach, that had hands on one of our players, & body slammed him (like pro wrestling) & Etc.. All happened simply because the opponents did not like our more poorer players.
As a first year coaching in HS (never experienced PE problem in PWFBL experience), after a game, at the school's parking lot, a HS player asked me were he could get steroids, for his "Asthma" (my mother has had server & lifelong Asthma, nearly died as a kid from it, so I was not going to be fooled, & stayed calm & said no, by something so stupid). I told the AD, right then & there, the a player asked where to find steriods, never told him who & he never asked me. The AD told me to report all such PE problems directly to him, only.
A public HS (one of the best thought of HS in the state) facilitator dealing parent & parent/1st teacher hired that would not accept proper punishments for the troubled students' behaviors, because the cost to their abilities to get into IVY leagues.
As we, fans of HS-NCAA FBS USA FB, have witnessed over & over again is Boosters-parents-Parents/Boosters just bring in corruption & the teams-programs & their players being eventually punished or let off without punishment that they earned (given state's-NCAA's sports regulation being a joke & biased- as a UMHs fan since 1980, watched up until 2020, I know how NCAA uses punishment ridiculously uneven, economic slavery maintaining & racistly). When the punishment is said to be coming-arrived the teams-programs, we root for, are drastically affect their ability to win & compete. Why would anyone want that? MS fan or something, LOL.
With that being said the bad & unnecessary (like Instant Replay) things of Real World USA FB why include them? They are not necessary Why are even Boosters necessary in the game? I could understand having a COOP system of ownership-management in the game, but I do not want the Boosters in a game.

Last edited by HelpComputerSportsAs; 12-08-2023 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Missing )
Old 12-08-2023, 04:48 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
I remember in old NCAA sports games, your player could get suspended for grades or conduct,

Plus, if there was a USA FB (I think should be done in all sports/games) game that used option for (& mix of rules or only) NFL rules-structure & functioning (there are no boosters & their rediculious economic influence over all the rests heads. of course, have the amount of teams-franchises equal to youth level, tons) for all sports levels (youth-semi-pro) of traditional USA FB, then these problems would not disappear & should be a part of the games, but would drastically decline.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:26 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamok
I don't mean to be negative, but I really do not see the draw to this. What will make this more interesting/different than say a college styled game or all the other BS games already on the market?

I could care less if there is some urban environments that looks like a highschool, or some cut scenes of kids walking down a hallway and stupid so called "immersive" crap like that. Having a real or fake stadium that seats 100 or 10 million fake fans that I can "upgrade" means nothing as well.

In highschool coaches get what they get, sure there is a little bit of "recruiting" so to speak...like maybe convinceing that really good kid who plays soccer to be your place kicker or something, but honestly, what is the real difference? Coaching in a video sports game is coaching in all video sports games. It's click this, pick that, wait for the engine to do it's thing and see the results. It's all the same as far as the "game" play of whatever sport the video game is about.

Give me/us real options, not just a spreadsheet of plays to pick through, or some dropdown list of players to put in this or that slot. Boring and way over done.

I need more!

Off the top of my head...
Can I create my own custom school and be the Athletic Director? Or at least just create a custom school?
Can I hold a QB or other position camp for kids around the country that could improve my schools prestige and increase enrollment?
Coaching skills that make sense and don't break the mechanics?
Can I attend or send my other coaches to seminars to improve my/their skills? Not just some point system where I click to improve this or that.
Can I make Halftime adjustments?
How about a pregame insperational speach system?
Can my star RB knock up his girlfriend and be kicked out of school?
Unisex players?
Rivalry games that don't just have a splash screen that says "Rivalry Game" Boooooring...
Practice that can give boosts or drops in stats and don't last longer that playing a game?

And so much more no other american football game does...

Just asking,

I could not agree more!!!!!
Old 01-23-2024, 12:23 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 5

Was there no Dec or Jan update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »