Home

DDS College Basketball 22 Career Thread

This is a discussion on DDS College Basketball 22 Career Thread within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-30-2022, 01:46 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Figured I'd start this thread since the review thread got a little bit of traffic. There may be a few that are interested in reading about the franchises we have running around here. I'd love to hear about any others going on.

I'm in a multiplayer game with a buddy. I am Radford, he is North Dakota. Both of us are seeing more success than we anticipated so far. I'll post more details later, but I felt like posting a tidbit now.

My team was on the road facing an 8-1 Auburn squad. My team was playing well, stayed in it all game, was only down 2 at the half. I grabbed a lead in the 2nd half and got my lead up to 59-54 with 12:14 left. I decided to work the refs because they had seemingly swallowed their whistled. I get my 2nd technical and am ejected. The biggest game of my career to that point and I get ejected.

My team went on to lose 82-89 and I feel it's my fault. I was feeling myself making adjustments in game. My overall gameplan was seeing success,but I threw it all out the window because I opened my mouth.

I loved every second of it, too. This game has me hooked.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 08:19 AM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: DDS College Basketball 22 Career Thread

I'm just starting my sixth season at Kentucky. I'm not very good at this lol.

As prestigious of a school as we are..and I'm getting pretty good recruits, second round is as far as I've been in the NCAA Tournament. Right now we are 2-1 after competing in the Coaches Classic. We defeated Northeastern and then UCLA before losing to North Carolina in a close game. Next game is home opener against Tulane.

My starting five is really strong but my bench is mostly week..I do tend to like to run a deep bench so that's troubling.

Recruiting wise.. I've been doing well but I'm having trouble landing some true Point Guards. My starting PG this year (Henry Strong) is a Senior who's been on the team all four years but it's his first year starting. He's a good scorer but not the best passer. The offense actually runs more through my Senior SG Jason Winter. I've thought of changing their positions but I'm going to see how things go.

I play one game a day, usually. I'll keep trying to update.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:58 PM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

My overall record at this time is 117-59.

I have 1 conference championship, which was acquired last season.

Here are my season recaps thus far.
2020 15-16 NIT Tournament (1st Round)
2021 28-8 NCAA Tournament (2nd Round)
2022 17-17 CHI Tournament (Quarterfinals)
2023 23-12 NCAA Tournament (1st Round)
2024 32-5 NCAA Tournament (2nd Round)
Old 03-31-2022, 07:11 AM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

#4 Kentucky wins home opener against Tulane, 75-61
Kentucky's record improves to 3-1

JR C John Gentry was the player of the game with 17 pts, 13 rbs, 2blks, and 2stls.
SR SG Jason Winter added 15 points and 4 rebounds

JR PF Tyson Braun led the bench with 9pts, 4rbs, 2asts, 2stls, and 2blks

Next game is a potential revenge opportunity at Purdue who are 3-0.
Purdue defeated Kentucky to eliminate them from the NCAA tournament the previous year. Although the game is at Purdue, Kentucky is an 8 point favorite.

Last edited by Gramps91; 03-31-2022 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:51 AM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

#4 Kentucky avenges their NCAA tournament loss from the previous year by defeating Purdue at Purdue, final score 83-74

Player of the Game
FR C Darrell Deren 13 pts, 4rbs, 3asts, and 2 stls

3 other starters for Kentucky in double figures
FR SF Mike Cunningham 13 points and 6 rebounds
SR SG Jason Winter 11 points, 5 assists, and 3 rebounds
JR C John Gentry 10 points and 6 rebounds

JR PF Tyson Braun led bench with 11 pts, 7rbs, 2 asts, and 2 stls

Kentucky improves record to 4-1
Next game is at Kansas St(3-0), Kentucky is an 8 point favorite

Last edited by Gramps91; 04-01-2022 at 07:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 02:38 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I enjoy reading the recaps. I'll be back in my league tonight and will post some updates and screenshots and whatnot.

I might be off by a game or two, but I believe I sit at 10-6 right now and 1-1 in conference play. My last game was a loss at NC A&T who is likely the best team in the conference. I lost by 10, but the game was just bad from the start. My team fell down 20+ early in the game and clawed back to keep it around a 10 point deficit all 2nd half, but we could never get the key bucket and stops to get any closer.

My team is pretty experienced, so I might have a successful year this year, though I don't expect to win the conference, but next year there will likely be a dropoff as a youth movement comes in. We graduate 5 seniors this year, most are key players. The entire team makeup will be different next year.

I do hope to hit the portal for a player that could potentially start right away, but I won't hold my breath. I do like the recruits we have committed now, but the class is guard heavy and I need a big man to commit. I have one I'm hot on, but he won't pull the trigger which has me feeling the longer he doesn't commit the more likely he is to eventually go elsewhere.

My plan is to eventually run a system full of athletic types that can run up and down the court playing with tempo and a full court defense, but I haven't really been able to implement that in year 1. This team was set up to run a Princeton and Triangle offense, so that's what we run. I do mix in a lot of 2-3 because this team has no quality defenders on it, so I put the zone out there hoping some teams simply don't prepare for attacking it as much. It has definitely helped at times, but hopefully over the years I get some athletes in here that are quality defenders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-02-2022, 06:26 AM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I enjoy reading the recaps. I'll be back in my league tonight and will post some updates and screenshots and whatnot.

I might be off by a game or two, but I believe I sit at 10-6 right now and 1-1 in conference play. My last game was a loss at NC A&T who is likely the best team in the conference. I lost by 10, but the game was just bad from the start. My team fell down 20+ early in the game and clawed back to keep it around a 10 point deficit all 2nd half, but we could never get the key bucket and stops to get any closer.

My team is pretty experienced, so I might have a successful year this year, though I don't expect to win the conference, but next year there will likely be a dropoff as a youth movement comes in. We graduate 5 seniors this year, most are key players. The entire team makeup will be different next year.

I do hope to hit the portal for a player that could potentially start right away, but I won't hold my breath. I do like the recruits we have committed now, but the class is guard heavy and I need a big man to commit. I have one I'm hot on, but he won't pull the trigger which has me feeling the longer he doesn't commit the more likely he is to eventually go elsewhere.

My plan is to eventually run a system full of athletic types that can run up and down the court playing with tempo and a full court defense, but I haven't really been able to implement that in year 1. This team was set up to run a Princeton and Triangle offense, so that's what we run. I do mix in a lot of 2-3 because this team has no quality defenders on it, so I put the zone out there hoping some teams simply don't prepare for attacking it as much. It has definitely helped at times, but hopefully over the years I get some athletes in here that are quality defenders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I feel like I've been having good big men every year (heck I start 2 Centers this season) but having trouble landing point guards. I do have 2 PGs coming in next season but both are 3 star players which I feel is a little underwhelming for Kentucky.

As far as what I run, if it isn't broke I don't try to fix it. As long as I'm winning I keep running what I am but when I lose I try to switch things up and just try different things and see what sticks. Right now I'm running Princeton and Flex offense pretty equally and really not much of anything else. On defense, I'm running mostly man to man and 1-3-1 zone.

Last edited by Gramps91; 04-02-2022 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:55 AM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

#4 Kentucky defeats Kansas St. at Kansas St. considerably by winning 95-74 and improves their record to 5-1.
The game was never really a contest, Kentucky at one point led by 34 and multiple players scored in double digits.
Kentucky made 14 of 19 3 pointers, 73.7% from 3!
Kentucky had 29 assists to 6 turnovers, great team game

SR SG Jason Winter was the player of the game with 16 pts, 6 asts, and 3 rbds.
FR C Derrell Deren added 12 points and 5 rebounds
FR SF Mike Cunningham added 13 pts, 4 asts, 3 rbds, and 2 blks
SR PG Henry Strong led in scoring with 17 points and added 4 assists (4/6 from 3)
JR C John Gentry led the team in rebounds with 10
FR SG Cole Belton led the bench with 10 points

Next game, Kentucky returns home to play Boise St (2-2), Kentucky is an 8.5 point favorite.

Last edited by Gramps91; 04-02-2022 at 07:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »