Home

College Hoops coming to next gen

This is a discussion on College Hoops coming to next gen within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: College Hoops coming to next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett14
Seems like they could sell it with fictional players. Surely anyone that plays video games has to know about downloading user made rosters. No likeness issues, completely random numbers, the whole bit.
I definitely agree, however, I think 2K's issue with ending its series was with the amount of money the NCAA and various universities wanted for the rights. We can only hope things change...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #66
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I wouldn't care if players look like themselves. Just give us a game that captures the college bball atmosphere and playstyles. One of the things I loved about the football games was when they had the screen shaking when you played in a hostile environment. Now you couldn't have the screen shaking during gameplay but somehow you could mimic hostile environments. I do think a college game is coming maybe not like we think it would be. Example instead of Duke, it might be the university of Durham. Something like that with the option to edit school names so we could change it to Duke. I would be good with that and I think that would bypass the license issue.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Make the game $200 I'll buy it lol. Let's hope someone grows a set and builds is a game. It certainly helps the ease that new producers are able to build games for the new consoles. It's now about raising the money and marketing the product
Old 12-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #68
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3
Unhappy Re: College Hoops coming to next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
Make the game $200 I'll buy it lol. Let's hope someone grows a set and builds is a game. It certainly helps the ease that new producers are able to build games for the new consoles. It's now about raising the money and marketing the product

Sadly, with the College Football game going away (as popular as that sport is), I now have little to no hope for a College Hoops game.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzilla
Sadly, with the College Football game going away (as popular as that sport is), I now have little to no hope for a College Hoops game.
Actually it could open up the Market MORE for College Hoops games, as they WOULDNT pay for Licensing(HUGE $$$ saved). It would be a Customizable game. All Fictional and you would be able to design Jerseys, Players, Team Names, etc. The options would be Limitless. I KNOW it is LONG SHOT.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

I understand that EA has pulled out of the college sports gaming industry because of the ongoing lawsuit, but I am still amazed that ea, 2k, or even San Diego studios cannot come to an agreement with the collegiate licensing or any of the major sports because of the money both companies can make. The issue is the major companies seem to be a little money hungry
Old 12-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

This makes no sense with all the lawsuits in progress .. I call b.s.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »