Home

College Hoops coming to next gen

This is a discussion on College Hoops coming to next gen within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
I would cry if they somehow decided to make Online Association for college basketball.
I would cry if a new quality CH 2K were to be released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #50
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: College Hoops coming to next gen

Not sure if I believe this. I searched that handle on twitter, and nothing popped up. Like, literally, the handle doesn't exist.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Wait...so one random tweet means college hoops is coming back? And 30+ users on here "like" this? Really guys? I understand that the Czar is a respected member, but come on...if anyone else posted this, it would be heckled/closed.

Forgive my skepticism...I would be ecstatic to find truth in this, but come on guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #52
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
YES!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #53
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12

If we can get a Road To Glory type mode along with it we may be in business
Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #54
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I Would be Happy with a GENERIC game that is FULLY Customizable. Meaning we could Edit Schools, Rosters, Conferences, Schedules, etc. It would take some time to get setup, BUT once it is the Options are LIMITLESS. Plus you could get a GROUP effort to setup a BASE, then Users could do as they please. College Hoops 2k8 is STILL the GREATEST Basketball Game ever made without a Doubt, I would just be Happy with an Update to that game thru DLC. It is a SHAME they turned OFF 2k Share for the game. Here is too HOPING someone does SOMETHING with a COLLEGE Basketball Game.
Imagine the type of game we could create if this happened
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

I honestly don't see a college basketball game ever coming back, at least for a long time. The problem is weve crossed a threshold with the graphics. Look at how freaking ugly the 2k8 players look. Compare that to like Fifa and Nba 2k where some of the players look damn near EXACTLY like the real life counterpart. Its just hard to make a bunch of good generic looking players, they cant even do it in nba2k13. Its too much work for way too little sales. Hell they almost didnt put out a freaking MLB BASEBALL GAME this year on xbox. Thats was unthinkable not that long ago.

I think 2k already learned from All pro football that people talk all this game about a fully customizable game and wanting to buy it but they really don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfriendlyBG
I honestly don't see a college basketball game ever coming back, at least for a long time. The problem is weve crossed a threshold with the graphics. Look at how freaking ugly the 2k8 players look. Compare that to like Fifa and Nba 2k where some of the players look damn near EXACTLY like the real life counterpart. Its just hard to make a bunch of good generic looking players, they cant even do it in nba2k13. Its too much work for way too little sales. Hell they almost didnt put out a freaking MLB BASEBALL GAME this year on xbox. Thats was unthinkable not that long ago.

I think 2k already learned from All pro football that people talk all this game about a fully customizable game and wanting to buy it but they really don't.
The funny thing is, if the players win the right to compensation, then that probably opens the door for their likenesses to be used. They're not minors, so if you take away their full amateur status, I don't see any (legal) reason why there would need to be generic players. It could be like the FIFA World Cup games, where major conferences and the best teams from smaller ones would have top-quality likenesses and other teams would have second-rate CAPS.

In the dream scenario for fans (and corporations), the NBA then changes their rule to 2-and-done (or more) because players would no longer be able to take the position of financial need motivating them to leave school. Not only would this reduce the facial modelling work required for each new edition of whatever college hoops game(s) were released, but it would also mean at least 2 years of mostly accurate draft classes to import into the NBA game(s), which means everybody who buys them will want the college game as well.

Licensing fees and initial production costs would go up, but in the end everyone wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »