Home

College Hoops coming to next gen

This is a discussion on College Hoops coming to next gen within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: College Hoops coming to next gen

Is a company (even EA) willing to take a chance with a college hoops game with the NCAA Player Likeness lawsuit still ongoing? I'm not saying the rumor isn't true, but it seems like an odd time to jump into the NCAA realm.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Is a company (even EA) willing to take a chance with a college hoops game with the NCAA Player Likeness lawsuit still ongoing? I'm not saying the rumor isn't true, but it seems like an odd time to jump into the NCAA realm.
Why wouldn' they? College fooball does.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Why wouldn' they? College fooball does.
When agreements are in place already, the courts can only stop them with an injunction until the case is closed, which is not going to happen in the current case. Starting a new agreement that has potential ramifications (depending on the case outcome) is something completely different. These agreements can be blocked by the courts. Also, an NCAA license for college football is not the same as an NCAA license for college basketball.

I'd love to see it happen, but I'm speculative at this point. A new college basketball game is a huge investment and if the current state of the rumored game includes player likeness, it would be delayed heavily if the courts rule in favor of the players during its development cycle. Developers would have to go back through every player to ensure all information was vague and could not be related to a real life player. Sounds like a serious gamble to me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

This is great news, assuming it's true.

FWIW, I talked with a couple of friends who work in the gaming industry (mentioned this in a thread about a month ago, somewhere around here) who said that the discussion was still absolutely alive among developers/producers. So this doesn't come as a huge shock to me.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 03-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really hope a college bball game would come out.. My problem is I only play 2k BBall Games. I still play College Hoops 2k8 to satisfy my college bball craze.. I hate to be a jerk but I would really be surprised if a new games comes out due to the lawsuit for likeness.. But I am nobody I could be wrong.. So I am pulling for 2K to make a college BBall game..
Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can someone please dig deep into this who has connections. I am dying to know if this is true, who is doing it, and what year to expect it!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #15
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
Can someone please dig deep into this who has connections. I am dying to know if this is true, who is doing it, and what year to expect it!!!
As great as it would be, I wouldn't get too excited about it yet. If we were to get a fully realized college hoops game, it's probably best to just go ahead and wait until the publisher makes an announcement. Not knowing much about the twitter account (it would appear it has relatively few followers) I'd say that it could just as easily be someone trying to get everyone's hopes up.

Like DC said, it's exciting, but until there is more info, I'd keep expectations low.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I Would be Happy with a GENERIC game that is FULLY Customizable. Meaning we could Edit Schools, Rosters, Conferences, Schedules, etc. It would take some time to get setup, BUT once it is the Options are LIMITLESS. Plus you could get a GROUP effort to setup a BASE, then Users could do as they please. College Hoops 2k8 is STILL the GREATEST Basketball Game ever made without a Doubt, I would just be Happy with an Update to that game thru DLC. It is a SHAME they turned OFF 2k Share for the game. Here is too HOPING someone does SOMETHING with a COLLEGE Basketball Game.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »