Home

Vote here! Best baseball video game ever.

This is a discussion on Vote here! Best baseball video game ever. within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Vote on your favorite Baseball video game here! (select up to 3)
MVP Baseball 2005 17 44.74%
MLB The Show '22 9 23.68%
MVP NCAA Baseball '07 3 7.89%
Triple Play 2000 2 5.26%
MVP NCAA Baseball '06 3 7.89%
Triple Play 1999 0 0%
MVP Baseball 2004 0 0%
Ken Griffey, Jr Baseball 4 10.53%
MLB 1998 0 0%
MLB 2000 0 0%
MLB 2005 0 0%
ESPN Baseball 2K5 1 2.63%
MLB The Show 2019 0 0%
MLB 2K9 1 2.63%
Wold Series Baseball 2K3 0 0%
All Star Baseball 2005 3 7.89%
Out of the Park Baseball 4 10.53%
BIGS 0 0%
Slugfest 1 2.63%
MLB The Show 2016 1 2.63%
MLB The Show 2009 0 0%
Tony LR Baseball 4 10.53%
Earl Weaver Baseball 4 10.53%
Bases Loaded 0 0%
Strat O Matic 4 10.53%
High Heat Baseball 7 18.42%
Frank Thomas Big Hurt 0 0%
Sporting News 1 2.63%
RBI 1 2.63%
Other... 8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2022, 02:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Vote here! Best baseball video game ever.

Pro yakyuu 2014
Old 10-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #18
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
1. The Show 20

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Definitely and I'm on PS4.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #19
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
For me, The Show 22. And I think it finally surpasses MVP 2005 for me. It's always been neck and neck. But 22 is just such a great game of baseball between the lines.

At one point, for many years, World Series Baseball 98 for the Saturn was my all time favorite baseball game. I know not many had the Saturn, but man was it good. If you ever get a chance, give it a shot.

I remember WSB '98. The Saturn was a slick looking machine too.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Best... ever??
That's impossible. Too many factors. I'd wager a guess most people have chosen the one that marked them most or as most fun. Or perhaps the one they've returned to most. Also depends why people play. I have games I love that the community tends to hate because the franchise mode is bad and I wouldn't know because I never play franchise modes, only season modes.

I'd have to say this...
1. Holds a special place in my heart, meaning I can load it up now and it still feels like when it first came out - Sporting News Baseball or MLB 2K5 World Series Edition.
2. The one that physics and gameplaywise still blows my mind - The early PS2 The Show versions. (Would KILL for an updated roster for this, but those 13 player created player limits... ugh)
3. The one that is still the most unadulterated fun, the NHL94 of baseball, in the sense that NHL94 isn't hockey at all but is so damned fun it doesn't matter - Clutch Hitter (the batting stances, the uniforms... a dream)
4. The one that is the most fun to play a Season in - MLB 2K5.

So, simmering all that down, if I could have a game made that encompassed everything, it would be MLB2K5 WSE with updated rosters.
Old 04-12-2023, 05:45 PM   #21
Rookie

Imo power pros jp version is the sport game which have the best focus on single player experience and no one else comes close. How many of the show fans can say that they can replay every past the show game. Every power pros have a bunch of different success (story ) modes which work like tokimeki but focus more on story and stats raising to create the best player.

Pawafes is a tournament mode where you build up your team with members of the teams you beat along the way. You can also design your own original breaking balls. (Complete with anime effects if you want).

My life (rtts) give you ability to build actual relationships with teammates and other team player by hanging out at restaurants and and also being able to get a freaking girlfriend (can be gf from success)that you can then marry and have children with (of which you then also have to dedicate time to as well and f@@k those kids for demanding gift which cost like 50$ every month ). Equipments can be bought and have its own stats And playing spring training games actually matter!! You can name your own pitch too in trainning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2023, 05:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Eikan 9: Your job is manage a high school baseball team and try to turn your school into an powerhouse by winning koshien and getting your players drafted by npb teams. Play like an board game & is ridiculously deep(your former player and manager will return as nurse,idol& salaryman so the first year your team is always weak at the start but after every year the old weak players now have a job, return and help you team get better with different bonus).you can choose the year to start to get some player like roki sasaki, ohtani, ichiro...) They even have online tournament for this mode. And you can even export your team

You can make your own pitch, play as one player & coach in vs and customize music & cheers song, pennant ( franchise) which have up to 16 custom teams. And guess what you can EXPORT all the teams at the end of EVERY season in pennant.

The replayability is endless in this game. You can create players by playing pawafes, eikan9, success which is also not boring like create player mode in other sport games then put him/her to my life or pennant to experience(my life) or follow(pennant) their career. The reason no one in gaming community even care about this game is because it was made by KONAMi,is a baseball game, a sport game, a japan exclusive game
Old 04-12-2023, 05:50 PM   #23
Rookie

Game like the show have like 2 true offline modes (not count internet connection require mode like offline dd and MtO is just a more simplified season mode) but is priced at 60$, Best indie baseball game like SMB3 only have franchise mode (better customization but lacking feature) is priced at 45$. If konami release Power pros game in english it will be a steal when comparing to other baseball or even other sport games.

tl,dr it blow every sport game or baseball game out of the water which its high replay value game modes. Imo it the best baseball game for casual player who don't care about player likeness due to some modes don't require to play a full baseball game and even better for hard core player fans because Power Pros give them endless possibilities to create, follow, immerse in baseball player career
Old 04-12-2023, 05:51 PM   #24
Rookie

One of the things made power pros different to your typical sport game is that The franchises focus on create player feature(which also leave a very little room for microtransaction while increasing replay value) . All the main game modes give you ability to create your dream player and can be enjoyed by every type of gamers.

You want to experience an interesting story and don't want to play a full game , they have success for you.

You don't want touch the ball or the bat but interested in training player and managing a baseball team where you can customize everything (player appearance, jersey, school name,...), they have eikan 9 (crown 9)for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »