Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-26-2024, 04:46 PM   #185
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
eFootball has a GOLD rating after a few launch option tweaks according to ProtonDB, so I assume the new PYS will be similar.
I've been emulating old PYS games on Rpcs3 and it's kind of crazy how well optimized they make these games. PYS 15 looks as good as The Show but it is only around 3 gb in size which is a 4th of the size of MLB 15. It also emulates perfectly on weaker hardware like Rog Ally while MLB doesn't emulate well past MLB 10 even with a beefy PC. I definitely have hope of this new game to run very well on Steam Deck despite the highly detailed graphics they are pushing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2024, 11:18 AM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had this sitting around gathering dust for years (bought it June of 2020 during the pandemic, sold my PS4 two months later and couldn't get a PS5 until last October), but I dug it up and plan to play through this a bit ahead of the new one.

I plan to utilize Spirits Translation (I already donated, they do an amazing service) and plan on using Google Lens quite a bit, but a couple questions for the pros:

1) Am I able to control all teams in a franchise and, if not, am I able to play the games of opponents? I'm a 30-team control guy on The Show and would like to at least get close to that here (I'll find a way to have fun if not)

2) Any way to turn commentary off? I don't need a deep explanation how, I'll figure it out, I just like keeping commentary exclusive to marquee games so it doesn't get too stale.

I'll get my answer on whether or not I can still apply the 2020 roster patch when I boot the game after work, I'm sure, but my goal is to run this and a Show 20 30-team franchise concurrently for the time being while we wait for a more robust full minors roster for 24.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:09 PM   #187
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
I've been emulating old PYS games on Rpcs3 and it's kind of crazy how well optimized they make these games. PYS 15 looks as good as The Show but it is only around 3 gb in size which is a 4th of the size of MLB 15. It also emulates perfectly on weaker hardware like Rog Ally while MLB doesn't emulate well past MLB 10 even with a beefy PC. I definitely have hope of this new game to run very well on Steam Deck despite the highly detailed graphics they are pushing.
This what happens when developers have time...superior products are created.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:14 PM   #188
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Google lens finally made me pull the trigger on playing this game. Ordered it on Amazon.ca took 4 days to get.

What a great game. I can't say it's better than the show as that would be disingenuous but it's definitely really fun and different. Different is huge for me. I've been pretty burnt out on the show for awhile.

Loving it and am now very excited for the 2024 version. Instant buy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240418_200436.jpg (191.5 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by CujoMatty; 04-18-2024 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:19 PM   #189
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish they would AT LEAST put the player names in English.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »