Spoiler

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2021, 04:36 PM   #866
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Off-Topic

I like when someone takes a funny/serious meme and makes the sad/heartfelt version of it. These two got to me:

NSFW?
Spoiler

Old 02-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #867

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Random question about traffic regarding right of way.

So crossing a major highway, no light but the streets enter right across from each other to the degree that we are soon getting a light for a four way intersection.

However, since it's not a four way stop, curious about right of way for two cars both trying to turn the same direction onto the highway (one turning right, the other turning left).

Is right of way dedicated to which of the two cars pull up to the highway first or the car who is turning right.

There is no real reason I'm asking other than it's something I come across occasionally. In my scenario, the left hand turn is across both lanes of highway traffic whereas the car turning right only has to wait for one direction to be clear.

Either way, for some reason, even if I'm waiting well before the car coming up gets there to turn right, I feel he has the right of way due to turning right (against my left hand turn).
Old 02-11-2021, 11:19 PM   #868

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I would vote for the car turning right having priority, even if you were there first. Even just in terms of my own preference I would rather let that car turn right first just to get it out of my way so I don't have to play the guessing game of .. will they are won't they be a complete moron.

Obviously if you are the car turning left, and there are multiple cars on the other side, you are next in the queue after the first one goes.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #869
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

The person that comes to a stop first always has the right of way. Right of way doesn't mean you have to wait until the left turning car has a clear path. It just means that in the absence of traffic for both cars, they should go first. If both cars stop at the same time, right hand turn has right of way.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:17 AM   #870

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
The person that comes to a stop first always has the right of way. Right of way doesn't mean you have to wait until the left turning car has a clear path. It just means that in the absence of traffic for both cars, they should go first. If both cars stop at the same time, right hand turn has right of way.
Tell that to many people on the road. The amount of times I get to a stop sign before someone, I might stop the extra second to make sure the car approaching the intersection does come to a full stop, and the person still pulls off when they dont have the right of way....

Any time I see a car approaching a stop sign nowadays, I try my best to slow down and get there AFTER that person does, just to avoid the "I had right of way but they still went" moments.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #871

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

Any time I see a car approaching a stop sign nowadays, I try my best to slow down and get there AFTER that person does, just to avoid the "I had right of way but they still went" moments.
I do the same. But you still get those people who will still wait and make you do the guessing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 04:51 PM   #872

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I do the same. But you still get those people who will still wait and make you do the guessing game.
4 way stops where you get there first or second, but something happens which makes you unable to go first or second are even worse.

Like me and someone else get to stop signs from opposite sides of the intersection, they get there first, so they go and turn left (so I cant drive straight until they finish their turn). But in the meantime, other cars from the other 2 directions get there. And while that first car was turning, others decide to go now too. So I should've been able to pull off once that car made their turn, except now I'm waiting for 2 other cars who act like they had right of way start going as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »