Home

Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #41
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

It's been a while since I have collected personally, but my younger brothers still do quite a bit. I've got a ton of older cards from the 80s (grew up in the 90s... so I don't understand how that happened.), 90s and the early 2000s. Unfortunately, when I was younger I didn't take that great of care of them. I remember I've got a Joe Mauer RC that's in poor shape simply because I didn't take care of it... Oh well. My middle brother does a better job of that, though. He has been getting into strange older cards (for instance, he's got this old R.C Stevens card from the late 50s [comc isn't loading for me right now, otherwise I'd link the page.], not sure how that happens) and they collect the newer packs as well. Good to see that I rubbed off on them.

EDIT: This is the Stevens card I was talking about. http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1...tevens/1808637
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

Last edited by mb625; 03-07-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #42

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Modern cards these days are so mass produced now that they have pretty much no value to them. It's a shame. The cards that will bring you the most money are cards pre 1950's.

I have a 1993 Derek Jeter rookie card that I would be lucky to get $20 for. I would never sell it, but just saying as an example. These days it's more for the collecting and fun of it rather than selling for the average person.
I think Topps took steps to rectifying that issue starting with the 2001 Heritage set.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #43
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

I haven't collected in about 3 or 4 years but here are some of my all-time favorite pieces that I'll most likely keep forever.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A lot of my cards have sentimental value to me. Either I remember the story of how I got them or they were a gift from my Mom or my Dad. Some cards I have that aren't pictured are every bit as important to me as those that are, like a basic Be A Player Signature Series Felix Potvin auto my Dad surprised me with when I was 14. For some inexplicable reason the Panthers/Kings game was sold out and I wouldn't get to see Potvin play so he picked it up from Field of Dreams to surprise me. Going through my shoe boxes of cards bring back such great memories to me, it's one of the few perks of having a great memory, you tend to remember the circumstances and stories behind stuff like little pieces of cardboard.

Screw it here's a picture of the Felix Potvin BAP Signature Series auto, it's too important to me to leave it off

Spoiler

Image from checkoutmycards.com, I'll have to get an actual image of mine at some point.

I'll have to dig through my shoe boxes at some point and share with you guys a longer post with more stuff.

Last edited by Taur3asi3; 03-08-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #44
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

This is my best card. 1968 Topps Bob Clemente valued at $45.99 according tohttp://freebaseballcardspriceguide.com/baseball-card-values.php?set=48

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #45

ubernoob's Arena

Nice collection Taur. I'm not into sports cards other than baseball, but those are nice.

The stories behind them make it even more so.

Also dig the Clemente. I like older cards because most of them don't feel so... Busy.

Also, Mo - what did you end up picking up from comc? Just a variety of players?

Edit: oh, and for those with baseball cards... I have the single sports subscription for Beckett so I can look stuff up for you if need be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #46
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

Variety,
Picked up most of the Top Cubs prospects, all the big ones but Almora.(Most are bowman chrome)
Alshon Jeffreys RC
Paddy Kane and Duncan Keith RCs

And then I ****ed around and picked up Peter Warrick and Charlie Ward fb cards cause they are my fav FSU guys.

Gonna go back and pick up some Deron Williams RCs and some more BlackHawks

Also probably gonna hit up my card shop and see what they have tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #47

ubernoob's Arena

Nice. Are the Chromes still warped? I have some 2009, and all the cards have a bend to them.

I remember being pumped about Warrick coming to the NFL. I thought he was destined to be a prettay good NFL WR.

I got this from the box of heritage I opened yesterday.

Spoiler
Old 03-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #48
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm jealous of that Markakis, being an Oriole fan. You guys are killing me, I have no money right now but want to go buy some packs so bad now.

RAVENS/ORIOLES

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »