Home

Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I didn't buy it, I pulled it

I'm not brave enough to buy cards online yet, I don't know enough about them. I love the new heritage set, and am adding that to the base sets I want to have done by the end of the year.
That's a great pull! When I got the 2013 Series One jumbo box, I pulled the Buster Posey Out of Bounds SP. Of the 25 Out of Bounds SP cards in Series One, I only need 9 more to have them all.

There are about 7 super short print cards in the 2012 update series that I'm not even going to bother with trying to own. They are so rare that people on ebay are charging anywhere from $120-$200 for them. That is insanity. Haha.

I think it makes it easier to collect cards and sets when you stick to one brand/model. That's why I just stick to the basic Topps sets. I love that they are a clean card. By that I mean the cards don't have a lot of fluff to them. Clean and simple. No crazy colors or writing all over them. Upper Deck used to have some pretty wild cards that looked way too busy.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

National Treasure by Panini is the best product of the year, hands down and it's only March. For a series not licensed by the MLB, it is sick.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #19

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
National Treasure by Panini is the best product of the year, hands down and it's only March. For a series not licensed by the MLB, it is sick.
I am actually having an internal debate that has been raging for the past 2 days whether to buy 2 boxes or not.

They are the most beautiful cards there are, but 420/pack.

But the possible returns.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I am actually having an internal debate that has been raging for the past 2 days whether to buy 2 boxes or not.

They are the most beautiful cards there are, but 420/pack.

But the possible returns.
Unlike 5 star, from everything I have seen unless you get a complete skunk you will at least make half your money back. Me personally I don't collect to resell stuff though and with all of the hall of famers in there, it would be a no brainer if I had the money.

Spoiler

This product is outstanding.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #21

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Unlike 5 star, from everything I have seen unless you get a complete skunk you will at least make half your money back. Me personally I don't collect to resell stuff though and with all of the hall of famers in there, it would be a no brainer if I had the money.

Spoiler

This product is outstanding.
Yeah, knowing my luck I'd get stuck with all common stuff. Well see how tax season shakes out for me. It would also be easier to stomach if I could get a dang job. Damn you running my plans, economy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Whenever I can get a job, a lot of my money will be spent buying cards most likely. I think I need to win the lottery though so I can truly buy as many cards as I want

Even the common stuff in that product isn't bad though, because of how many HoF guys in it. I saw an "average" box of that busted that had a Jackie Robinson jersey. You could get lucky and pull a cut signature book/bat knob too. I wish Topps would learn a thing from Panini with that product, because it is just awesome. This is how high end cards should be.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #23

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Whenever I can get a job, a lot of my money will be spent buying cards most likely. I think I need to win the lottery though so I can truly buy as many cards as I want

Even the common stuff in that product isn't bad though, because of how many HoF guys in it. I saw an "average" box of that busted that had a Jackie Robinson jersey. You could get lucky and pull a cut signature book/bat knob too. I wish Topps would learn a thing from Panini with that product, because it is just awesome. This is how high end cards should be.
Yup. The only thing that could make them better is the MLB license. It's shallow but imagine all those cards with the proper logos instead of a cropped shot.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 27

Here are some autograph and relic cards I pulled from 2012-2013 jumbo boxes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130307_182600.jpg (100.7 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg 20130307_182627.jpg (86.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 20130307_182708.jpg (93.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 20130307_182725.jpg (98.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 20130307_182755.jpg (88.1 KB, 125 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »