Home

Quirky things you do...

This is a discussion on Quirky things you do... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-14-2021, 02:40 PM   #377

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Quirky things you do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I enjoy flicking the turn signal handle and even the click-click sound is soothing.
Lock this man up.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:34 AM   #378
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just to preface this, I eat leftovers all the time. As in, if I don't have leftovers as a meal during the day, something is kind of up. Anyway, the point is I do the following quirky thing very often:

With my leftover meals generally consisting of more than one container to dish onto my plate and those containers having similar sizes and lids, opening them up to dish everything out can mean that I can mix up which lid goes to which container. I guess it's not an end-of-the-world problem if you put the wrong lid on the wrong container, but I have that thought of a chicken odor tainting my broccoli, and then the broccoli's lid going on my rice and giving that a different aroma... etc.

So, how do I tell which is which? I put the lid up to my nose and give it a whiff. Sometimes if I can't be certain-certain, I'll put another one up to it for comparison's sake and smell that one, too. Anyone who's seen me do this always laughs at me wondering what I'm doing. These days I'm sure they have the slightest COVID concerns, but for one I'm inhaling and for another they shouldn't be near me then anyway haha.

Anyway, after just doing it this morning I realized it's something that must be told to the world.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-27-2021, 05:35 PM   #379
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Or you could just open 1 container at a time, get your portion out of it, close it, and move on to the next container and rinse and repeat.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 08-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #380
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Or you could just open 1 container at a time, get your portion out of it, close it, and move on to the next container and rinse and repeat.
Of course I could. Doesn't mean that I do. Sometimes I don't even put it all away until I'm done eating the darn meal.

And if I didn't mention this in this thread already, I never cook anything above a power level of 60% either. Some things I do at 20%, in fact. I like when the people question why I do that suddenly have the sauce or chicken explode in their microwave, or they were 30 seconds overcooked and it's way too hot for them or the cooking is uneven (especially lasagna).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-02-2021, 11:35 PM   #381

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I wouldn't really say its quirky, but I'd say its weird, although that's another word for quirky...

Some days I can get by with eating very little. I know that's unhealthy, but I just randomly don't feel like eating sometimes. I already don't have breakfast on days when I'm not doing anything in the morning before lunch.

Though the one predictable time I know I won't be too hungry is whenever I go on vacation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2021, 01:50 AM   #382
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I go to the movies once, maybe twice a year.

Outside of that, movies that I think will be interesting, I read their entire plot on Wikipedia. I do it with video games sometimes as well, primarily old games.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-28-2021, 02:47 AM   #383
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

Outside of that, movies that I think will be interesting, I read their entire plot on Wikipedia. I do it with video games sometimes as well, primarily old games.

Many folks here probably already know this about me, but I avoid anything and everything about a film once I've set my sights on wanting to see it. This includes trailers, TV spots, interviews, plot outlines, cast/crew, genre, hell even posters if I can help it.

Obviously something needs to get me there in the first place so I'll get my licks in prior to, but after that I like to close off from the rest of what makes the initial viewing afterward so impactful. So maybe I start watching a trailer, and once I go: "Oooh that looks good," then I'll shut it off.

Trailers are the big one, though. I do like to go back after seeing the film, watch the trailer, and see how much it would've hampered my experience. More often than not, I finish that trailer super relieved I didn't see it to begin with.

I urge everyone to try this once with a film they anticipate for any particular reason.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:14 PM   #384
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

I am here with you, except I go to the movies even less, maybe once every 2-3 years. And good news: there are entire YouTube channels like "Movie Racapped" that give 10 minute overviews of movies using their voiceover plus screens from the movie. I've loved this. It's sort of replaced my Wikipedia reading (which I did for years).

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »