Home

Quirky things you do...

This is a discussion on Quirky things you do... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2021, 10:54 PM   #369
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Quirky things you do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
there are foods I won't eat not because of taste, but because of the sound ... of the name of the food. like gumbo, or guacamole. I've never even tried them and I'm not going to start now. when they gave names out to foods, some of them could have used a good pr campaign. same goes for the sights of certain foods. if it doesn't look appealing I don't want. these lips have never tried spinach or collard greens. heck, I was well into my 20's before I ever even tried broccoli. and the only reason I did was because someone I knew had the foresight to put cheese on first. but that's a rare rare exception.

some other foods I won't eat because of the name include but not limited to: any type casserole (except breakfast casserole, that's not a real casserole afaic, more a cousin to omelettes), haggis, spotted dick, rutabaga, olive loaf, pickled anything (except actual pickles)
What about pico de gallo? The literal translation from S;anish is "rooster beak"

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 03-14-2021, 11:48 PM   #370
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
there are foods I won't eat not because of taste, but because of the sound ... of the name of the food. like gumbo, or guacamole. I've never even tried them and I'm not going to start now. when they gave names out to foods, some of them could have used a good pr campaign. same goes for the sights of certain foods. if it doesn't look appealing I don't want. these lips have never tried spinach or collard greens. heck, I was well into my 20's before I ever even tried broccoli. and the only reason I did was because someone I knew had the foresight to put cheese on first. but that's a rare rare exception.

some other foods I won't eat because of the name include but not limited to: any type casserole (except breakfast casserole, that's not a real casserole afaic, more a cousin to omelettes), haggis, spotted dick, rutabaga, olive loaf, pickled anything (except actual pickles)
https://m.facebook.com/ComedyCentral...0104974494064/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2021, 02:52 AM   #371
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

I have this issue with salad. I don't like salad. But there's also potato salad and egg salad that might be delicious and I refuse to eat them because they contain the word salad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 03:05 AM   #372
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I have this issue with salad. I don't like salad. But there's also potato salad and egg salad that might be delicious and I refuse to eat them because they contain the word salad
Some vegetarian claimed as long as it said "salad" then it was okay for their diet... including chicken salad.

What a *******.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-15-2021, 03:07 AM   #373

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Haggis definitely has a questionable sound to it, and the reality of it is equally off putting.

Nothing wrong with spotted dick (that a trip to the clinic can't cure). And then there's bangers and mash.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #374
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0

Often when I'm alone and have a really happy thought or realization, I go "weeeeeee!!!!!!" and clap my hands rapidly 5 times.

Yeah.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:15 PM   #375
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Often when I'm alone and have a really happy thought or realization, I go "weeeeeee!!!!!!" and clap my hands rapidly 5 times.

Yeah.
you ought not do that only when you're alone, give others an opportunity at happy thoughts when they see you ''weeeee!!!!!''

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #376
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I enjoy flicking the turn signal handle and even the click-click sound is soothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »