Home

Out of the Park Baseball 24 Releases on March 24 - Trailer, Screenshots and More

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 24 Releases on March 24 - Trailer, Screenshots and More within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-02-2023, 12:35 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 24 Releases on March 24 - Trailer, Screenshots and More

We'll have to see how some of these things get implemented, but I'm really excited for several of these new features. To me the biggest problem with OOTP is how the trade system is handled. So, seeing a lot of new ideas there is really exciting for me. Especially the new trade deadline mechanic. While OOTP has always had more activity at/near the trad deadline, it still felt like just another day with slightly more transaction e-mails. Mainly though, I'm just hoping that trading finally mimics more real life situations. A really good player with a year or 2 of control left should fetch a high price, and trade targets should require a lot (but just not like the 5 best prospects in baseball).

Pushing back on owners goals is also interesting. Some of the owner goals have always been a bit nonsensical. Overall, these features sound like it will create a more immersive experience.

From the Steam Page
New features in OOTP 24 include:
Spoiler
Old 03-04-2023, 08:54 PM   #10
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 24 Releases on March 24 - Trailer, Screenshots and More

At the rate they are making graphic improvements, they will surpass The Show in no time.
Old 03-05-2023, 01:12 AM   #11
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Every year I buy it, swearing that this is the year I find the right settings for me to have fun being a GM without being overwhelmed. One where I play multiple seasons without feeling like I made some catastrophic mistake in season 1 that crippled me somehow.

This is my year!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2023, 04:52 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Every year I buy it, swearing that this is the year I find the right settings for me to have fun being a GM without being overwhelmed. One where I play multiple seasons without feeling like I made some catastrophic mistake in season 1 that crippled me somehow.

This is my year!!

That is part of the fun of it for me! Picking up that high $ player just to have him ruined in year two with an injury issue.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:23 PM   #13
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppies_on_acid
At the rate they are making graphic improvements, they will surpass The Show in no time.
That likely would never happen. The minute they start using player likeness in the graphics the amount of money they have to pay MLB goes up big time to a a spot that a game like OOTP can not afford.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-17-2023, 04:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I noticed in the screenshot that the players have jersey numbers?
Was this in '23? (the last I have is 2022)

Are these tied to the jerseys that are already in the game? Do we have a place to change number fonts/colors?
Old 03-18-2023, 02:36 PM   #15
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
I feel like outside of the normal updates like playoff formats, and schedule

Is anything really new? I mean the game is so good and so complete I bet its hard to really add anything at this point
I agree - not much can be added. However, I think it would be cool if they added some type of one-button play mode like they did with the home run derby.

- timing based swinging
- meter or timing based throwing from the field
- meter or timing based pitching

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »