Home

Spider-Man 2 (2023)

This is a discussion on Spider-Man 2 (2023) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-22-2023, 08:21 PM   #41
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Spider-Man 2 (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Assassins Creed Mirage made the game $50 because it was shorter. Charging $70 for something you can beat in a weekend which some have is just a bit much for me personally. I’m not the type to re play missions etc. which is why I was asking. When games like Red Dead and GTA take an eternity to beat is what set the standard for $70. People can have preferences
Mirage was made $50 because it was originally planned to be DLC and the game took me 25 hours to beat. So it isn't like that was a short game. Also GTA took about 20 hours to beat, Red Dead was around the same time, unless you did all the side missions or spent all your time exploring.

Last edited by Gotmadskillzson; 10-22-2023 at 08:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2023, 08:29 PM   #42
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I wish people would get off this whole length of games thing. A like 20 hour game is basically normal. Games that are 100+ are still a small minority of games. Will likely not be on sale any time soon. I think GOW Ragnarok was out like a year before it had a sale for like $50 instead of 70. But I also have no problem replaying games. Heck most games I will do a first play doing only main missions and than will do a second play threw trying to 100% a game. With spiderman because of all the different suits I try to 100% first play threw though.
It really is above normal really when majority of games that come out can be beaten in 10 or 15 hours. Even most RPGs now only last around 20 or 30 hours. Very few games give you the 50 plus hours nowadays. That era of gaming is long over unless you are a playing a strategy game or one of those city/base builder type games. And honestly video game pricing should have went up over a decade ago when you consider the price of other media went up way back than.
Old 10-22-2023, 08:58 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Assassins Creed Mirage made the game $50 because it was shorter. Charging $70 for something you can beat in a weekend which some have is just a bit much for me personally. I’m not the type to re play missions etc. which is why I was asking. When games like Red Dead and GTA take an eternity to beat is what set the standard for $70. People can have preferences
Miles Morales was only 50 instead of 70 but it was actually short this game isn't it's just not super long either. But like I said 100+ hour games are still a very small minority of games. Like how many 100+ hour games come out a year? Like 2 or 3 or something. I also find it crazy some one could beat this game in a weekend unless you are a kid where you don't have to deal with work and such I just don't get how people can have enough free time to beat it that fast. If all I played was 100+ hour games I would basically never beat anything. I am at 23% so far on this game only be lucky if I beat it by Friday. Miles Morales a game that was actually truly short took me a weekend to beat. Also movies don't cost a different amount if a movie is 3 hours verse only like a hour and a half.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:11 PM   #44
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

It really is above normal really when majority of games that come out can be beaten in 10 or 15 hours. Even most RPGs now only last around 20 or 30 hours. Very few games give you the 50 plus hours nowadays. That era of gaming is long over unless you are a playing a strategy game or one of those city/base builder type games. And honestly video game pricing should have went up over a decade ago when you consider the price of other media went up way back than.
Yeah when I think short I think 5-10 hours. When a game is around 20 I just think that is normal. Horizon forbidden west I have put like 200 hours into but that was with 1 play threw doing almost everything like 94% or someone and a second play threw of like 75% or someone and also going threw dlc once. Horizon forbidden west to do everything is probably like a 80 hour game but the game is massive and how many other games that came out in 2022 are that big? Maybe a few. Yeah video games are basically the only thing that haven't went up when you factor inflation. I mean games from 2005-2019 where 60. What else stays the same price for like 14-15 years? Games basically went up to 50 with PS2 in 2000 and 50 in 2000 is basically 89 today yet games are only 70. Of course I would love to pay less no one is like yeah I sure hope we have to pay more lol. I know games are getting more expensive to make to but the video game market also is a lot bigger than it was like 20-30 years meaning you can also sale more copies to make up for the extra budget games are taking to make.
Old 10-23-2023, 04:41 AM   #45
All Star

Not sure where I would rank spiderman 2 yet on like a all time video game list has I am only at 13/31 on main missions. So still a lot of game left but I can say this is now insomanics best game. They really upped them selfs with this game and I already loved this studio. Can't wait for wolverine. Top 5 insomniac games I would go like this.

1. Spiderman 2
2. Ratchet and clank crack in time
3. Ratchet and clank going commando
4. Spiderman PS4
5. Ratchet and clank rift apart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2023, 06:41 AM   #46
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

Insomniac stop being cheap and get the Jordan/Nike deal!
all those adidas ewww

Spoiler

Last edited by skinnybonez; 10-23-2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:18 AM   #47
All Star

Just saw 2.5 million sold on day 1 biggest ever for Sony studios game. Wonder what the 3 day total was.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:26 AM   #48
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Im 16 hours in, and SP2 is one of the best games I have ever played, this was my thoughts on the First game and Miles as well.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »