Home

Old 11-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #1585
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Fallout 4

Am I the only one basically ignoring settlement building in this game? I'm having an absolute blast with this game, but after spending a couple hours getting a settlement running, I realized how much I hate the whole building interface.

I thoroughly enjoy all of the other crafting, like the weapon and armor upgrades, but that's about it. Maybe I just need to spend more time with it, but when I only have an hour or two in the morning to play along with an hour or so at night, I'd rather explore and do quests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #1586
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Been playing the game the last 3 days. So far, I'm not impressed with this game like I was with others before it. To put it simply, Betheseda appears to be living off the laurels of the past. Yes it's a big world. Yes, there is a LOT to do. However, the story telling and direction is extremely dated. It's not triple-A by any measure. Some of the voice work (not all, but some) is just plain bad. The companion AI, specifically their pathing (getting in front of you and blocking your path), has to be one of the worst implementations in a game in a long time. The game is horrible at explaining what needs to be done, or better, how it needs to be done at times. The sad thing is, with just a few minor 'helps', the game could have avoided so much unnecessary frustration on the part of the gamer.

Bethesda built is brand off of beautiful worlds. Something most games simply couldn't achieve. That's no longer the case on these current gen systems. Many games look great now, and they have better/current approaches to story telling, cut scenes, etc. They really need to bring their story telling up to the current level/approaches instead of following the same mechanisms utilized in games from the late 90s.

Game is keeping me entertained, but find myself unnecessarily frustrated with my canine companion FAR too often, and downright bored with all of the trips that have to be made back to camp and to sellers to unload and breakdown components. Game would be FAR more enjoyable if Dogmeat would just stay behind me and if we could breakdown/send components back to be sold/stored without making the extra trip(s).
You've taken the words right out of my mouth! The game isn't bad, but I'm definitely NOT as wrapped up in it as the previous installments, even though I really want to be completely immersed. From what I recall of Fallout 3, that one was better in my opinion. This one juuuuuust might end up on the trade block, and trust me gents I KNOW that sounds(reads) like blasphemy.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #1587
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Am I the only one basically ignoring settlement building in this game? I'm having an absolute blast with this game, but after spending a couple hours getting a settlement running, I realized how much I hate the whole building interface.

No you are not the only one. I did a little bit but spend more time doing the other stuff.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #1588
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo

I thoroughly enjoy all of the other crafting, like the weapon and armor upgrades, but that's about it. Maybe I just need to spend more time with it, but when I only have an hour or two in the morning to play along with an hour or so at night, I'd rather explore and do quests.
Nope, completely ignoring it. Don't see the point. I made some defenses around one spot where I send all companions and store all my stuff (red rocket, walled in and with about a dozen turrets, it easily fended off a legendary mutant, a suicider mutant, and a third normal mutant).
Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #1589
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
Nope, completely ignoring it. Don't see the point. I made some defenses around one spot where I send all companions and store all my stuff (red rocket, walled in and with about a dozen turrets, it easily fended off a legendary mutant, a suicider mutant, and a third normal mutant).
I wouldn't...its gonna be a bad day when your settlements get attacked. Plus as you go on through he story, having a legit settlement with certain things in it definitely helps
Old 11-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #1590
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I wouldn't...its gonna be a bad day when your settlements get attacked. Plus as you go on through he story, having a legit settlement with certain things in it definitely helps
Of you never even build beds and attract settlers though what's there to lose in an attack?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #1591
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Not sure if this is a bug or what but some of my settlements in my pip boy will show a 0 for water then when I go there it goes back to its normal value.
Have not noticed that particular issue yet, but I did notice earlier that one of supply line connected settlements has far less in the junk folder than I do at Sanctuary. I use Sanctuary as my mine base, where I drop stuff but shouldn't the other places show the same stuff?? I'm cornfused!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #1592
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Have not noticed that particular issue yet, but I did notice earlier that one of supply line connected settlements has far less in the junk folder than I do at Sanctuary. I use Sanctuary as my mine base, where I drop stuff but shouldn't the other places show the same stuff?? I'm cornfused!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nope. Only the junk you put in that particular workshop will show in that settlement. Resources are still shared when you build though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »