Home

Rise of Ronin PS5 videos thread

This is a discussion on Rise of Ronin PS5 videos thread within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2024, 07:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Rise of Ronin PS5 videos thread

I'm glad I found out about Fast Travel. It makes getting around so much quicker. I love that we can fast travel mid mission. Most games disable fast travel in missions. It makes completing missions so much faster. I can also complete side quests so much quicker.

I don't get how they couldn't record lines with the protagonist. It's weird having most of the game feeling like the protagonist is a mute, then have sparse lines once in a while.

Any tips on increasing stats for Strength, Charm, Intellect, and Dexterity? I can get Skill Points without an issue. But have barely gotten stats
Old 05-04-2024, 10:41 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Finally beat the game. Apparently, I put 58 hours into that game lol. That has to be the most time I spent on a game. I wouldn't say I 100% the game. I did all the collecting in the areas, but I didn't do the part after you completed the game. After putting in 58 hours, I was done with the game to do essentially the New Game Plus. I agree with O-Dogg, after I got my weapon proficiency and Attack level to a certain point, I was able to go on the offensive and not feel so counter-dependent

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I probably could've saved 15-20 hours if I didn't want to do all the collecting and side missions. But, I wanted to take my time with this game. I still don't like how little the protagonist speaks. When the protagonist actually speaks it feels so random and surprising. Also, don't like how lifeless the protagonist seems. The characters in general could've more life to them. I know early on visuals was a talking point. I didn't have an issue with visuals. But, I will say that it does visually look like a PS4 game, but, I don't have an issue with that. There was a lot in the game where I didn't really learn until the game was almost over that could've helped early on

What I'm about to say isn't fully geared towards this game, but it's geared towards open world games in general. I don't really like how predictable and bloated most open world games are. While I did put 58 hours into this game doing as much as I could, most of the game felt repetitive and bloated. I'm not complaining, but there were times where I thought "it's not over yet?". Again, I did enjoy the game.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:04 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Finally beat the game. Apparently, I put 58 hours into that game lol. That has to be the most time I spent on a game. I wouldn't say I 100% the game. I did all the collecting in the areas, but I didn't do the part after you completed the game. After putting in 58 hours, I was done with the game to do essentially the New Game Plus. I agree with O-Dogg, after I got my weapon proficiency and Attack level to a certain point, I was able to go on the offensive and not feel so counter-dependent

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I probably could've saved 15-20 hours if I didn't want to do all the collecting and side missions. But, I wanted to take my time with this game. I still don't like how little the protagonist speaks. When the protagonist actually speaks it feels so random and surprising. Also, don't like how lifeless the protagonist seems. The characters in general could've more life to them. I know early on visuals was a talking point. I didn't have an issue with visuals. But, I will say that it does visually look like a PS4 game, but, I don't have an issue with that. There was a lot in the game where I didn't really learn until the game was almost over that could've helped early on

What I'm about to say isn't fully geared towards this game, but it's geared towards open world games in general. I don't really like how predictable and bloated most open world games are. While I did put 58 hours into this game doing as much as I could, most of the game felt repetitive and bloated. I'm not complaining, but there were times where I thought "it's not over yet?". Again, I did enjoy the game.
You know, I agree. Like in Red Dead 2 I love how open it is, and that many houses you can go in.

But how about for technology now let's have ALL buildings as buildings you can go into, in some fashion, every building is fully rendered inside and out.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2024, 08:55 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know, I agree. Like in Red Dead 2 I love how open it is, and that many houses you can go in.

But how about for technology now let's have ALL buildings as buildings you can go into, in some fashion, every building is fully rendered inside and out.
Semi-off topic, I'm surprised that Read Dead 2 never got a remaster or at least a next gen patch. I guess that's one good thing about Rockstar is that even though they might over-milk the same cow, they won't just do a cash grab title. Red Dead 2 is a game I would revisit if it had a next gen patch to improve resolution and frame rate

Like I said, I enjoyed the game. I wouldn't put that much time into it. But, towards the end, I was skipping a lot of the dialog because I felt the game was dragging a little.

I wouldn't mind seeing more linear games that had creative level designs, good story pacing, more substance over repetitive fluff. Like you said, being able to go in every house. A more interactive living breathing world. While I got 58 hours out of this game, I would like to see more 12-15 hours stories that outside of it is filled to the brim with substance

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »