Home

2024 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2024 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2024, 12:59 AM   #57
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: 2024 Gaming Plans

I ended up getting FFVII Remake as it was on sale for like some really low price (<$20) during the PS Spring Sale.

But I've come to the realization that with summer coming (golf season!) and just a few months away at this point from College Football coming out, I'm pretty much only getting 1 more game this year and playing the heck out of College Football for the rest of the year.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:51 PM   #58
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I haven’t posted an update since late 2023. Baldur’s Gate 3 took over my life for a few months. I probably should have got addiction counselling. Here’s an update:

2024 Wishlist – Not Purchased

Nothing that is slated to come out in 2024 has grabbed my interest this year. That will probably change but instead I need to focus on my backlog. The only new games that I’m interested in were published before this year.

Hogwart’s Legacy
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Dying Light 2
God of War Ragnarok
Alan Wake 2

Games Completed in 2024

Baldur’s Gate 3 (PC – Tactician)

Definitely one of the top three games I’ve ever played. The enormous amount of impactful decisions you can make and a turn-based combat system that allows for incredible freedom put this above every other RPG. Your characters felt alive thanks to all the cut scenes. It’s one of the few RPGs I’ve ever played where I want to try a second play through and I expect it to be a different experience. How many games can you say that about? I bought in it early January and didn’t play any other non-sports games until I completed it (10 out of 10)

Games Completed in Late 2023

Fallout 4 (PC -- Hard) -- Level 60

I finally oompleted this masterpiece late last year before the Amaxon Prime series hit the air. The city building aspects of it put it a level above Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I loved feeling like I was improving the wasteland one settlement at a time. The side quests made up for a main story that wasn’t as good as previous entries in the series. I found a weird enjoyment reading all the stories on the computers and the backstory both before and after the bombs fell. All the weapons, armour, crafting, enemies and NPC characters make exploring the wasteland a delight. I still have the DLC to complete (10 out of 10)

Disco Elysium (PS5 Plus -- Regular)

A very addictive and creative RPG that relies on the player making decisions as a drunken, lost detective rather than any combat. It’s probably one of the most well written games I’ve ever played. I spent many nights staying up late wanting to play just a little further before I went to bed. You can see the love the writers put into this game with the dialogue and the internal debate system. The only negative I found was that despite all the choices you are provided, you kind of follow the same path and character development throughout the game which makes some of those choices feel hollow. (8.5 out of 10)

The Forgotten City (PS5 Plus)

Another game without combat that focuses on dialogue to tell a compelling story. This was originally a popular Skyrim mod that became a stand alone game. I enjoyed the Roman setting and how it tied into even earlier history. It does have a time loop similar to Deathloop or Twelve Minutes and it’s very well executed. It took me some time to solve the puzzles at the heart of the mystery. I find solving these types of puzzle games more satisfying then gunning down thousands of enemies. (7.5 out of 10)

Backlog Focusing on in 2024

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey: (PC -- Hard) – Level 43, 29 per cent completed
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (PS5 Plus -- Hard) – Power 223.
Cyperpunk 2077 (PC – Hard) – Nomad, Level 17
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Plus -- Hard) -- Level 19, 20.27 per cent complete
( I don’t fast travel in these open world games anymore. I find that more enjoyable)

Diablo 4 (PC-Veteran) – Level 28
Dirt 5 (PS5 Plus) – Player Level 21
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) – Level 9
Dying Light (PC)
Elden Ring (PC) – Level 50.
Ni No Kung II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4) – Chapter Three – Level 14
Pentiment (PC Game Pass) – Act 2
Starfield (PC Game Pass– Level 15)
Tyranny (PC -- Hard) – Level 6
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4 -- Normal) – 15.10 per cent

Sports Games

FIFA 23 (PS5) – Burlington (2-0-9, Custom Team – England Division Two) -- Just awful
FIFA 22 (PS5) – Manchester United (Second Season: 8-1-2) – Love my sliders
-- France (European Qualifying: 2-2-1)
FIFA 19 (PS4) – PSG (Second Season -- 8-0-2, Won SuperCup);
-- Peru (1-0-1)

MLB 23 (PS5) – Toronto – Can’t find a slider set I like. Finding it impossible to hit with power.
MLB 21 (PS5) – Toronto (33-28), Buffalo (26-30), New Hampshire (18-14)
MLB 20 (PS4) – Montreal (33-15)
MLB 19 (PS4) – Milwaukee (38-29)
MLB 17 (PS4) – NY Mets (11-19) -- Pitches are way too fast even on 0
MLB 16 (PS4) – Toronto (56-44)
MLB 15 (PS4) --Washington (43-50)
MLB 14 (PS3) -- Los Angeles (27-16)
(I Play on All-Star level, every pitch)

Have you tried Armorandswords sliders? Love his approach especially using auto fielding and auto base running . Just a suggestion . Been using his sliders for years .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-04-2024, 02:55 PM   #59
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Recently started playing Far Cry 3 for the first time ever.

I think I have a new Top 5 gaming series. Can't wait to eventually get into 4, 5, and 6.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:24 AM   #60
Just started!

panionios's Arena

Currently playing:
nba 2k24 - first time on ps5, having a blast with the eras feature
mlb 23 - a slow ongoing orioles franchise

Definitely playing:
Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree - day 1 purchase, just like the base game
cfb 25 - probably will wait for the reviews, but most likely day 1 purchase as well

Hoping to play:
Death stranding and Riven have been in the backlog for ages, I feel like their time has come.

Last edited by panionios; 05-06-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:24 PM   #61
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9

I think I have a new Top 5 gaming series. Can't wait to eventually get into 4, 5, and 6.
I know the "cool" thing to do is dump on Ubisoft, but to be honest their games have been the most enjoyable to me for quite some some time.

I remember the first time playing Far Cry 2 and was instantly hooked, and that stayed the same through 3,4,5 and 6...I didn't play Primal (didn't seem interesting to me) or New Dawn.

But I know for me when I want an open world game that I can get lost in (and looks damn good) I can count on Ubisoft. As of right now I have been playing the Division 2 and have been having a blast.

I also will definitely be checking out Star Wars Outlaws as well, just not at the $129.99 price tag, may just invest in the regular $69.99 edition, as it being a single player game I don't feel the need for 3 day access.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2024, 03:31 PM   #62
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9

Well, thanks to this post I decided to reinstall FC5, and just wanted to say DAMN YOU!! lmao..I'm now hooked on this game, so much so it has pulled me away from the Division 2.

Along with the upgrade to visuals and 60fps, and this game looks incredible.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 05-14-2024, 03:36 PM   #63
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Well, thanks to this post I decided to reinstall FC5, and just wanted to say DAMN YOU!! lmao..I'm now hooked on this game, so much so it has pulled me away from the Division 2.

Along with the upgrade to visuals and 60fps, and this game looks incredible.
I really enjoy the FC series.

My personal rankings of what I have played:

1. FC4
2. FC Primal
3. FC3
4. FC5
5. FC New Dawn

Never got around to FC6.

I simply took such great pleasure in the gyrocopter in FC4 and the death from above approach! I had so much fun with the game.

Then Primal? Bro I was the Beastmaster!!!! Such a great game if you are into that time period of Sabertooths, Cavemen, Wooly Mammoths etc. It’s really great game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-14-2024, 05:05 PM   #64
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I really enjoy the FC series.

My personal rankings of what I have played:

1. FC4
2. FC Primal
3. FC3
4. FC5
5. FC New Dawn

Never got around to FC6.

I simply took such great pleasure in the gyrocopter in FC4 and the death from above approach! I had so much fun with the game.

Then Primal? Bro I was the Beastmaster!!!! Such a great game if you are into that time period of Sabertooths, Cavemen, Wooly Mammoths etc. It’s really great game.
LMAO, it's funny you mention Primal as right now I'm in full blown Far Cry mode, so much so I just picked up Primal on my X for $8, and just this morning downloaded FC3 Classic, as it came free when I bought FC5 Gold Edition.

As of right now, I haven't tried New Dawn, as from some vids I seen on it it's quite a bit shorter than the other FC's, so not sure if I ever see myself picking that one up.

I really can't give a list of my favorites, as they all give me exactly what I'm looking for..

1-great open world
2-tons of stuff to do
3-The fun factor for me is absolutely top notch.

Although I will say that between 3,4,5 and 6, 6 would probably be my least favorite, but trust me it's not by much at all.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »