Home

2024 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2024 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-24-2024, 11:12 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2024 Gaming Plans

Can’t recall if I posted here lol. I HAVE to have the following:

1. Phantom Blade Zero
2. Star Wars Outlaws
3. College Football
4. Madden 25
5. Ghost of Tsushima

Thinking about picking up a PS5 as well!
Old 03-31-2024, 12:06 AM   #50
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Can’t recall if I posted here lol. I HAVE to have the following:

1. Phantom Blade Zero
2. Star Wars Outlaws
3. College Football
4. Madden 25
5. Ghost of Tsushima

Thinking about picking up a PS5 as well!
Ghost of Tsushima is about to come out to PC
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 03-31-2024, 12:09 AM   #51
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Not gonna buy a ton more games but i bought a Steam Deck to start killing my backlog. I dunno why, i just can't get through it on my gaming laptop for some reason. I usually load up warzone or i have to work on something so I can never focus on a certain games.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 08:28 PM   #52
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Finished 2 more games:
The Wolf Among Us - Wow this was great definitely my favorite game from TellTaleGames and has earned a spot on my favorite games of all time. Heard so many good things about it over the years glad I finally gave it a go. Really interesting seeing this "gritty" takes on fairy tale characters and a great story/mystery to solve.

Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical - Another choose your own adventure/visual novel. It's literally a musical in some spots. I'm not big into them (musicals) but I enjoyed this. It's hard to describe but rough outline is youre a normal human that runs across the Greek gods living in modern day and you have to solve a crime. Good voice acting all around and solid story.

Retired/Shelved/On Hold:
GT7 - After being my most played game 2 years running it's finally grown a bit stale for me.

Octopath Traveler - I hit the first major boss and didn't have my skills setup correctly so I was getting smashed. That led to some frustration so this is on the back burner.

Currently Playing:
The Show '24 - Last version I sunk a lot of time into was '20. I'm enjoying this years version though. Can't be as disappointment with the lack of innovation as I've missed enough iterations for the changes to build up. IMO this is still the game that most closely resembles the sport real life gameplay the best.

WWE 2k24 - This is actually a solid game. Only reason I bought it was the old school line up so I'm likely never buying another wrasslin' game so this will do for a long time.

Non-Sports Now Playing:
Dragons Dogma 2 - Interesting game, not perfect, but I've only had a couple sessions. Each time I've played though the hours fly by. The pawn system is fun, and there is so much to do. I've barely touched the main story instead I'm felling Cyclops' and Goblins and taking on random NPC quest. No framerate issues yet and ignore the internet moaning about the MtX, they aren't intrusive at all. There's nothing on any screen in game that I have seen that would even point to their existence. I'm pretty sure unless you go to the PS store you don't know they are there.

The Division 2 - So glad I hopped back into the game last September. 90+ hrs later and I've finally beat the main story and the expansion. Glad Ubisoft has thrown resources back into the series. Good world building and a lot of end game content. 5 years later and they are set to continue to make some major improvements and support through at least 2025 it seems.

Hi-Fi Rush - Will be my next "short" game. Haven't started it yet. My first "Xbox" game since MS is going multi platform for some titles now.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 04-02-2024 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #53
MVP

QUARTERLY UPDATE
- April/May/June

CURRENTLY PLAYING
- Rise of the Ronin

40 hours into the game. Playing on easy. Enjoying the combat the most. Story/characters is solid. Visuals are good not great especially if you've played Tsushima. Should have this game completed within the next two weeks.

COMPLETED
- Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (8.0/10, great)
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (9.0/10, excellent)

APRIL
04/26 - Stellar Blade (digital deluxe edition)

MAY
05/21 - Hellblade II: Senua's Saga (game pass)

BACKLOG
- Cyberpunk 2077 (base game)
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (expansion)
- Dead Island 2: Haus (expansion)
- Dead Island 2: Sola (expansion)
- Diablo IV (base game)
- Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties (expansion)
- Final Fantasy XVI: Echoes of the Fallen (expansion)
- Final Fantasy XVI: The Rising Tide (expansion)
- Horizon Forbidden West: The Burning Shores (expansion)
- Remnant II: The Awakened King (expansion)

Once June hits, it will be time to work on my backlog as I don't have any new games until Star Wars Outlaws on August 30th as of now.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:52 AM   #54
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
QUARTERLY UPDATE
- April/May/June

CURRENTLY PLAYING
- Rise of the Ronin

40 hours into the game. Playing on easy. Enjoying the combat the most. Story/characters is solid. Visuals are good not great especially if you've played Tsushima. Should have this game completed within the next two weeks.

COMPLETED
- Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (8.0/10, great)
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (9.0/10, excellent)

APRIL
04/26 - Stellar Blade (digital deluxe edition)

MAY
05/21 - Hellblade II: Senua's Saga (game pass)

BACKLOG
- Cyberpunk 2077 (base game)
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (expansion)
- Dead Island 2: Haus (expansion)
- Dead Island 2: Sola (expansion)
- Diablo IV (base game)
- Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties (expansion)
- Final Fantasy XVI: Echoes of the Fallen (expansion)
- Final Fantasy XVI: The Rising Tide (expansion)
- Horizon Forbidden West: The Burning Shores (expansion)
- Remnant II: The Awakened King (expansion)

Once June hits, it will be time to work on my backlog as I don't have any new games until Star Wars Outlaws on August 30th as of now.

Almost 40 hours into Ronin as well....upped the difficulty to Normal 15 hours in.

Agree on all your points. The game is very good but visually not on par with Ghost of Tsushima which is incredible considering Ghost was a PS4 game.

My only real gripe is there is way too much loot to the point of overkill with Ronin.

But overall a great game and great characters. Love the bonding system too.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-17-2024, 10:57 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Almost 40 hours into Ronin as well....upped the difficulty to Normal 15 hours in.

Agree on all your points. The game is very good but visually not on par with Ghost of Tsushima which is incredible considering Ghost was a PS4 game.

My only real gripe is there is way too much loot to the point of overkill with Ronin.

But overall a great game and great characters. Love the bonding system too.

I'm still playing on story mode. Have died 6 or so times total. Didn't upgrade any of the skill trees until I made it to act three.

Agree with the characters/bond system, etc. And I 1000% agree in regards to there being way too much loot. It's definitely overkill. I usually just go to the blacksmith when I get 200+ items and dismantle it all unless I need the money which in that case, I sell it all instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 06:41 PM   #56
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I haven’t posted an update since late 2023. Baldur’s Gate 3 took over my life for a few months. I probably should have got addiction counselling. Here’s an update:

2024 Wishlist – Not Purchased

Nothing that is slated to come out in 2024 has grabbed my interest this year. That will probably change but instead I need to focus on my backlog. The only new games that I’m interested in were published before this year.

Hogwart’s Legacy
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Dying Light 2
God of War Ragnarok
Alan Wake 2

Games Completed in 2024

Baldur’s Gate 3 (PC – Tactician)

Definitely one of the top three games I’ve ever played. The enormous amount of impactful decisions you can make and a turn-based combat system that allows for incredible freedom put this above every other RPG. Your characters felt alive thanks to all the cut scenes. It’s one of the few RPGs I’ve ever played where I want to try a second play through and I expect it to be a different experience. How many games can you say that about? I bought in it early January and didn’t play any other non-sports games until I completed it (10 out of 10)

Games Completed in Late 2023

Fallout 4 (PC -- Hard) -- Level 60

I finally oompleted this masterpiece late last year before the Amaxon Prime series hit the air. The city building aspects of it put it a level above Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I loved feeling like I was improving the wasteland one settlement at a time. The side quests made up for a main story that wasn’t as good as previous entries in the series. I found a weird enjoyment reading all the stories on the computers and the backstory both before and after the bombs fell. All the weapons, armour, crafting, enemies and NPC characters make exploring the wasteland a delight. I still have the DLC to complete (10 out of 10)

Disco Elysium (PS5 Plus -- Regular)

A very addictive and creative RPG that relies on the player making decisions as a drunken, lost detective rather than any combat. It’s probably one of the most well written games I’ve ever played. I spent many nights staying up late wanting to play just a little further before I went to bed. You can see the love the writers put into this game with the dialogue and the internal debate system. The only negative I found was that despite all the choices you are provided, you kind of follow the same path and character development throughout the game which makes some of those choices feel hollow. (8.5 out of 10)

The Forgotten City (PS5 Plus)

Another game without combat that focuses on dialogue to tell a compelling story. This was originally a popular Skyrim mod that became a stand alone game. I enjoyed the Roman setting and how it tied into even earlier history. It does have a time loop similar to Deathloop or Twelve Minutes and it’s very well executed. It took me some time to solve the puzzles at the heart of the mystery. I find solving these types of puzzle games more satisfying then gunning down thousands of enemies. (7.5 out of 10)

Backlog Focusing on in 2024

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey: (PC -- Hard) – Level 43, 29 per cent completed
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (PS5 Plus -- Hard) – Power 223.
Cyperpunk 2077 (PC – Hard) – Nomad, Level 17
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Plus -- Hard) -- Level 19, 20.27 per cent complete
( I don’t fast travel in these open world games anymore. I find that more enjoyable)

Diablo 4 (PC-Veteran) – Level 28
Dirt 5 (PS5 Plus) – Player Level 21
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) – Level 9
Dying Light (PC)
Elden Ring (PC) – Level 50.
Ni No Kung II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4) – Chapter Three – Level 14
Pentiment (PC Game Pass) – Act 2
Starfield (PC Game Pass– Level 15)
Tyranny (PC -- Hard) – Level 6
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4 -- Normal) – 15.10 per cent

Sports Games

FIFA 23 (PS5) – Burlington (2-0-9, Custom Team – England Division Two) -- Just awful
FIFA 22 (PS5) – Manchester United (Second Season: 8-1-2) – Love my sliders
-- France (European Qualifying: 2-2-1)
FIFA 19 (PS4) – PSG (Second Season -- 8-0-2, Won SuperCup);
-- Peru (1-0-1)

MLB 23 (PS5) – Toronto – Can’t find a slider set I like. Finding it impossible to hit with power.
MLB 21 (PS5) – Toronto (33-28), Buffalo (26-30), New Hampshire (18-14)
MLB 20 (PS4) – Montreal (33-15)
MLB 19 (PS4) – Milwaukee (38-29)
MLB 17 (PS4) – NY Mets (11-19) -- Pitches are way too fast even on 0
MLB 16 (PS4) – Toronto (56-44)
MLB 15 (PS4) --Washington (43-50)
MLB 14 (PS3) -- Los Angeles (27-16)
(I Play on All-Star level, every pitch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »