Home

There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder....

This is a discussion on There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder.... within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #25
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder....

....waiting for the "So what attributes/sliders will you tweak in 2k12?" thread to come out annnnny second now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #26
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I can't wait. This is great news for gaming, we need more than one game for each sport. As for the bi yearly game with an update/patch midway I would be for that as long as the update was more like $9.99 that way I am basicly paying $70 for 2 years of gaming.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #27
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
nope, never noticed a dive on a routine save. have i seen them dive, sure.. but when they did it was to cover the puck. i didnt notice it as an issue so to speak bc for me at least, didnt happen all the time.
Fiddy, are you serious? I know the 360 patch helped this somewhat, but unpatched those goalies spend more time flopping on their back than a 10 cent hooker on nickel night!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #28
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I hope 2K does come back to the 360/PS3. The last 2K game I played was 2K7 and I bought that the day I picked up my first 360. Played that game a ton and loved it. Then 2K8 came out and the controls were just a mess (to me, I know some enjoyed the setup) and I gave NHL 08 a try and I've been hooked on EA's game since that time.

I'd love to see 2K incorporate some of the things it's done with its NBA and MLB games, most notably the "NBA Today" and "MLB Today" feature and put that in a hockey game. I think it would be really exciting, especially for casual fans who might not be able to keep up with all the roster transactions.

I think 2K really needs to focus its efforts on where it wants the series to go. I think they've finally done a good job with that with its MLB game. They are not as sim as The Show, but they aren't overly arcade either. There's a nice balance there and 2K has brought some nice innovation to the baseball genre with the R-stick controls for pretty much everything.

EA has the market cornered in terms of control, so 2K needs to find its niche ... perhaps turn its game into The Show and be a total sim? I don't know, I'm just spitballing ideas here. It is clear that what they've been doing the past 3 years hasn't been working, so a broad change needs to be made or 2K12, if it does happen, will be the last stand for the series.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #29
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

It would be great if NHL 2K12 did come back for the PS3/360 but I think taking a year off won't help. Plus 2k recently cut staff most probably from MLB 2k & NHL 2k. I play the game that represents the sport the best and to me EA's NHL series does it the best and is just plain fun. Also I don't trust 2k's support for their NHL game as the PS3 got the shaft last year with no patches to improve their game. I am not a EA or 2K fanboy as I play games from both companies. I think for things to change for the 2k series they need to invest more money and effort into the series to get it back to respectability that would be a start.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's troubling, even if they come back becasue;

a) the PS3 and 360 fanbase will have switched to EA, and may begin to prefer that game. Especially the solid and stable online modes.

b) the same fans may take a wait and see approach i.e. wait for reviews and not listen to the hype as easily.

As well, the revamp that began with 2K9 in hindsight may have been the wrong thing to do. If you consider that games may use the engine for a 3-4 year cycle, then 2K12 will be the same foundation that began with 2K9, 2K10 and now 2K11.

I played 2K10 to death, even with it's major flaws, but i still understand that the engine may not be the right one. Why can't the game look as good as EA's or NBA 2K, or even The Show??? Why were the bump and some of the canned dekes so crappy - where a player would warp across the whole zone when doing a deke? In this 2K9 engine, where is the goalie A.I. that was unbelievable and realistic in 2K8??? Why is the online so unstable??? Why o why didn't they pay the costs for bandwith and give the PS3 a patch!!!

I remember playing the 'new' and 'revamped' Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness, on PS2, and they set out to do this 'fabulous' 3 game story arc with that new engine. Problem was, it was a crappy engine.

The engine in 2K8 was superb - albeit with flawed, franchise, freezing code... but the series seriously jumped the shark with the 2K9 revamp..

Let's wait and see. Me.Grumpy.Now.

Last edited by cheechoo98; 08-30-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo98
It's troubling, even if they come back becasue;

a) the PS3 and 360 fanbase will have switched to EA, and may begin to prefer that game. Especially the solid and stable online modes.

b) the same fans may take a wait and see approach i.e. wait for reviews and not listen to the hype as easily.

As well, the revamp that began with 2K9 in hindsight may have been the wrong thing to do. If you consider that games may use the engine for a 3-4 year cycle, then 2K12 will be the same foundation that began with 2K9, 2K10 and now 2K11.

I played 2K10 to death, even with it's major flaws, but i still understand that the engine may not be the right one. Why can't the game look as good as EA's or NBA 2K, or even The Show??? Why were the bump and some of the canned dekes so crappy - where a player would warp across the whole zone when doing a deke? In this 2K9 engine, where is the goalie A.I. that was unbelievable and realistic in 2K8??? Why is the online so unstable??? Why o why didn't they pay the costs for bandwith and give the PS3 a patch!!!

I remember playing the 'new' and 'revamped' Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness, on PS2, and they set out to do this 'fabulous' 3 game story arc with that new engine. Problem was, it was a crappy engine.

The engine in 2K8 was superb - albeit with flawed, franchise, freezing code... but the series seriously jumped the shark with the 2K9 revamp..

Let's wait and see. Me.Grumpy.Now.
Honestly I think 2k's mistake was not using a new engine, for as much as they claim that 2k9 and 2k10 was built from the ground up, neither game was and its obvious. The core foundation that both of those, and 2k11 on Wii run on is still a last gen engine that was already crumbling at its foundation.

What has really driven fans away though is the basics, when you change your control scheme 4 times in 4 years, and still can't manage to get it right, that usually signals that there's a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 AM   #32
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

There is a god!....I can now skip NHL 11 with an eye on the prize for 2K12 next season. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight...lol!

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »