Home

NHL 2K9 (PS3) DEMO TOMORROW!

This is a discussion on NHL 2K9 (PS3) DEMO TOMORROW! within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 2K9 (PS3) DEMO TOMORROW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Yeah the demo not having penalties doesn't really mean anything but given that it was a big issue last year it would be nice to know for sure that penalties will be called at least somewhat realistically (I can live with them being a bit low but 2K8 had next to none) in 2K9. From what I recall, this was not an issue until 2K8.
Yeah it was a doubled edged sword as to draw more penalties I had to raise the hitting/checking for more aggression .
Then thats when 2k8 became hitfest 2k8 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33
You know what I havent had a penalty either team ?
Has anyone ? no biggy as I dont think the demo was to have it programmed in same as the fighting but it would have been sweet
I have just been told by 2k that penalties and fighting have been taken up in the demo. I said yesterday i would ask them, and they just got back to me about it.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I just finished watching a youtube vid of someone playing a game.
I have to say that I'm impressed.
I like the flow of the game and some of the goals were very nice.

I also like the goal celebrations how they're seamless from realtime.
I just wish ONE hockey game out there would get it right where after the individual pumps his fist or celebrates that all 5 guys do the group hug. But that's a minor complaint.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 18

Wow I just had a look at 2KHockey.net for the first time in an eternity. I haven't read everything but judging from the first few pages of impressions the demo is really getting hammered over there.

I'll try it out and see for myself tonight.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Wow I just had a look at 2KHockey.net for the first time in an eternity. I haven't read everything but judging from the first few pages of impressions the demo is really getting hammered over there.

That probably means it's a good game then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Yeah the demo not having penalties doesn't really mean anything but given that it was a big issue last year it would be nice to know for sure that penalties will be called at least somewhat realistically (I can live with them being a bit low but 2K8 had next to none) in 2K9. From what I recall, this was not an issue until 2K8.
Yeah a Mod at 2ksports confirmed it no fighting or penalties as they just wanted us to feel the flow of the game.
Has everyone stopped freaking out about the controls ?
I think their very responsive and good .
Old 08-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:

You seem to forget 2KSPORTS always have had non 2k gamers mostly EA fans going their to crap on their games .
I have been posting there balancing it out and at 2k.net it started bad but after playing it for a bit they now love it .
The controls are simple and good and we still get almost the same results very responsive seemless but see for yourself tonight.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33

You seem to forget 2KSPORTS always have had non 2k gamers mostly EA fans going their to crap on their games .
I have been posting there balancing it out and at 2k.net it started bad but after playing it for a bit they now love it .
The controls are simple and good and we still get almost the same results very responsive seemless but see for yourself tonight.
It wasn't always like that.
It wasn't until NHL07 that a lot of the 2K fans on that site started to crap on 2K games (me included).
When I first started going to the Treyarch boards (after 2K2 released) there was hardly any argueing and barely any EA talk.
It's only been the last few years it's been like that.

A lot of the guys that like EA or defend their game used to be diehard 2K gamers.
It's not that any of them have an axe to grind or are blinded by a shiny product label, it has a lot more to do with the direction the series has taken since Kush took over.

It seems like eons ago, but the 2K community used to be very united with very little infighting. That's all that appears to be going on over there anymore.
Even the 2K fans can't seem to get along with one another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »