Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2022, 09:11 PM   #121
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I honestly didn't know we knew the terms of length for 2k's deal? All I've seen is "multi year" deal.

Interesting that they lined it up to match the end of EA's current deal.
It would actually make sense if NFL did line up 2k's deal with EA's if they were truly considering opening up the license. It was couple years ago now, but I do remember hearing that NFL did consider opening it this time around, but opted to keep it exclusive. Something about EA telling them of innovation coming to Madden(which I consider so far is Superstar KO and The Yard.). If they did line it up with EA's deal that shows that they are at least considering opening it up. It would make it seem like they want to see how 2k does with an Arcade license over multiple years. They would have to exceed expectations. Madden is almost too big to fail. I dont see them not hitting that revenue benchmark to unlock the final 2026-27 year, unless it is a unrealistic number.

The only reason I think they wouldn't line it up with EA's deal is if they don't plan on opening the sim license. That would seem like them saying, "if you want in on the NFL market, then Arcade football is all you're going to get'. It would make sense for 2k to make gameplay blur the lines between sim and arcade. If they do think there's a chance at the Sim license opening up, it would make sense to have a gameplay engine that can easily transition over to a simulation gamepay engine. That way if they get the green light to make a sim game, it wouldn't take as long to develop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2022, 11:07 AM   #122
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I think it’s a little weird that this same source (SGO) said that both the NFL and 2k wanted a 2021 launch but there was a disagreement about the release window with 2k wanting a holiday release and the NFL wanting it earlier in the season

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-2k-delay/amp/

Assuming this site has good sources, it can’t be normal for a company to go from a 2021 holiday launch and then a full year later push it back yet another year 2023 and possibly 2024.

Maybe this game is a stepping stone to a simulation title. But I seem to remember 2k emphasizing that this game would not compete with madden which would rule that out. UGH I just wish we had more than about 5 sentences about this game so we would at least have some idea if this is bordering on APF2k8 or some Lego NFL playgrounds game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-03-2022, 03:29 PM   #123
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

The interesting part of the SGO article is that, per their source, the game is pressing the line between what constitutes sim and non-sim. That would indicate 2k wants to make some sort of definitive statement in the gameplay department.

Personally, I'm good with a 2024 release. To me, that somewhat signals Visual Concepts might be periodically working on the game because they already have NBA2k and WWE 2k on their plate.

But who knows for sure? At this point, I've no expectations whatsoever and welcome any nuggets of 'news' they toss our way.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:07 AM   #124
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Maybe I'm wrong, but couldn't this multi-year deal start when the first game is released? So they wouldn't be on the last year of their deal when they release the game. Isn't that what someone said?

I also feel like the NFL is well aware of what's happening with this game at all times and is most likely fine with whatever is happening or we would have probably known by now of issues, (other than the holiday release thing) or even a potential termination of the deal.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:55 AM   #125
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm still unironically rooting for a flag football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2022, 06:37 PM   #126
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd be happy with something similar to NHL 94 rewind but 2k edition. NFL 2k5 Rewind would be awesome but I don't think EA will allow them to do that
Old 08-18-2022, 06:56 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I'd be happy with something similar to NHL 94 rewind but 2k edition. NFL 2k5 Rewind would be awesome but I don't think EA will allow them to do that
Or how about a All-Pro 2k8 rewind, but with a dynasty mode
Old 08-22-2022, 03:19 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

My educated guess 2k put big money behind the new WWE 2k and get big heavy promotion until March

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »