Home

No More Feelng Sorry!!

This is a discussion on No More Feelng Sorry!! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-01-2023, 07:15 AM   #9
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: No More Feelng Sorry!!

Should have been more forward thinking and jumped on the opportunity to create an college football game before EA locked it up. It wouldn't have out sold Madden but it would have sold very well and been sim putting more stress on EA to improve their product and another option for gamers. In these days where gamers like to create their own teams and customize their own teams an all-pro type game would have done the same.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-01-2023, 10:38 AM   #10
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
ROI=Return on Investment. IF 2k thought there was a good return on investment they would have released a generic football game already.

IN addition, a AAA developer cant afford to release a game without proper development, etc. Reputation and future potential licensing deals also have to be taken into consideration when making these decisions.

I do agree that an APF 2k with generic rosters and franchise mode would sell today, but the market is different now, back in 08 it would have failed if they continued to make APF.

Im all in for a new 2k football game, and I will purchase when they do decide to release a new title, until then Ill continue to play 2k4, 2k5, APF2k8 sparingly, and try out all the independent titles on the market.
Not only it would sell today they would double their revenue with VC with little Timmy leading the way begging🙏 his mother credit card to spend vc

My question is is 2k heart even in this?
Just flirting with the NFL to change their mind in 2026
I know they look at the LoW numbers of NBA Playgrounds &WWE BattleGrounds and wouldn't waste money doing the same mistake with a NFL Arcade title

Maybe 2k in in development hell and we just saw what happened to naughty Dog told us at the last damn minute with factions being delayed or maybe scrap during the Superbowl of video games smh!
Man I tell these videos game companies need to be more upfront with us gamers and not have us n the dark
and we gamers show more patients
It's a two way street
Old 06-01-2023, 12:13 PM   #11
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Not only it would sell today they would double their revenue with VC with little Timmy leading the way begging his mother credit card to spend vc

My question is is 2k heart even in this?

Just flirting with the NFL to change their mind in 2026

I know they look at the LoW numbers of NBA Playgrounds &WWE BattleGrounds and wouldn't waste money doing the same mistake with a NFL Arcade title

Maybe 2k in in development hell and we just saw what happened to naughty Dog told us at the last damn minute with factions being delayed or maybe scrap during the Superbowl of video games smh!

Man I tell these videos game companies need to be more upfront with us gamers and not have us n the dark

and we gamers show more patients

It's a two way street

How would a generic game get VC revenue? I don’t think people would fork over money for Ray Rocket or Crash Johnson or whoever they made up.

And these companies want franchise titles that they can build off of with multiple titles. The easiest way for sports titles to get you to buy the next years game is the roster update more than anything and generic games don’t have that to sell.

Without the NFL license 2k was never going to make a game. College doesn’t sell as well as people think. EA makes money off college because the game uses the same resources as madden

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2023, 01:23 PM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I wish they would go the Super Mega Baseball route and I would play the heck out of it. They've added real baseball legends this year to mix in with their generic players. They have Franchise Mode, free agency and all.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:56 PM   #13
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
2k is doing something so there is always that to hope for. Until Madden rebuilds their base game and makes it more open then we are stuck in wait and see. I can't bash 2k before they even drop a new product, after suffering with Madden for so long. What could be worse
We've been living the worst case scenario since 2006.

The worst thing is, we get a glimmer of hope every once and awhile.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:50 PM   #14
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
How would a generic game get VC revenue? I don’t think people would fork over money for Ray Rocket or Crash Johnson or whoever they made up.

And these companies want franchise titles that they can build off of with multiple titles. The easiest way for sports titles to get you to buy the next years game is the roster update more than anything and generic games don’t have that to sell.

Without the NFL license 2k was never going to make a game. College doesn’t sell as well as people think. EA makes money off college because the game uses the same resources as madden

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If they put a MyCareer mode in there that is decent with some multiplayer like NBA 2K does with park. Easy VC revenue for them.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:41 PM   #15
Rookie

Blitz the League 2 had a little cult following with a style of progression that made playing the game worthwhile. The only thing missing was a physics system to the play style to give it some reality. There are several directions 2K could have gone with their recipe for good gameplay that could have made a splash. Any Given Sunday had a great story line movie wise and teams had personality. A made up league with teams that had a niche to them would have sold well. In my opinion, the NFL today lacks the personality of old that even makes me care to even have a NFL game. The NFL wants to portray this clean, family fun image but the truth is, the dirty, grittiness of the old NFL is what made us love the game. Now, penalties like "hit on a defenseless receiver" and Taunting running rampant, it makes me wonder how a person like myself would even fare in todays game. I am from a generation where if you had the audacity to run a slant pass pattern in my direction, you should ask yourself, "Do I like my receiver or not"? Guys having the trainer cut his finger tip off and put it on ice so it can be sewn back on after the game have been replaced by guys missing 3 weeks of playtime for concussion protocol. I want a game that has that hard hitting brutality that made me love the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2023, 11:02 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
There's no game coming out. There was probably a clause in the contract to cancel the contract if a game wasn't released in the first few years and they're keeping quiet to not upset their remaining fan base.
Username checks out.

I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst with them. The resurrection of 2K5 has been a beyond fantastic effort by the community, and I still play that game to this day above all others. I get ESPN presentation (when it was still good), Dan & Peter with commentary, The Crib... I can't complain very much! And if that doesn't work out, I can load up 2K4 as well which has even better gameplay.

Maybe we'll get our fix, and if so I do have extremely high hopes for maintaining the essence of what made the previous games so great whilst really cranking out a solid physics engine and making a visual stunner (or at least on par with current-gen). The nice thing about it is knowing they don't have to think about PS4 and XSX when making it, so when made it can be a robust title with this generation in mind.

My hope for the best is an NFL simulation game a few years from now. If they're truly going after that and I was aware of the fact, I'll absolutely hold onto that one. I don't know what COVID did to their development, but I think without it we would've had something by now.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 06-01-2023 at 11:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »