Home

Do 360s not recognize CD-Rs?

This is a discussion on Do 360s not recognize CD-Rs? within the NCAA Football Stadium Sounds forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Do 360s not recognize CD-Rs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldc33
u can only do 50 custom sounds so i wouldnt worry about doing 100-150.

itunes automatically burns ur cd as audio.
Well it's 50 per profile so you can have multiple profiles and do 50 each

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

as far as itunes is concern, i wasted 2 cd b4 i figure out how to do it.

1. go to perferences, which is found under the file menu drop down or under edit menu drop down

2. once in preferences select the ADVANCED TAB

3. then select the BURNING TAB

4. under BURNING TAB, you will have 3 choices under DISC FORMAT.

5. make sure you select DISC FORMAT option "Audio CD". DO NOT SELECT MP3, this is what i did b/c of all the MP3 talk but just make sure AUDIO CD is selected. as far as the "gap" and "sound check" and "cd text" options those dont matter.

6. now just burn your cd as you normally would, place it in your xbox and you will have the "RIP CD" option available.

**** If you right click, then slect get info or if you go thru the file menu to edit song( you know where you can change the title, or artist, or album name). If you select the "OPTIONS TAB", when see a setting for "START & STOP TIME". if you edit or cut songs by using time, when you burn cd it will only burn the edited part.

for example i wanted to use only chorus part of "enter sandman" for stadium sound. I change the start time to "1:34" then the end time to "1:52" on the burn cd it only has that 30 sec clip. I put 51 clips or soundbites onto on cd. now make sure you reset start and stop times after burning cd. Or whenever you listen to, download(ipod), or play that song it will keep that same start & stop time
Old 07-16-2008, 01:53 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofate21
as far as itunes is concern, i wasted 2 cd b4 i figure out how to do it.

1. go to perferences, which is found under the file menu drop down or under edit menu drop down

2. once in preferences select the ADVANCED TAB

3. then select the BURNING TAB

4. under BURNING TAB, you will have 3 choices under DISC FORMAT.

5. make sure you select DISC FORMAT option "Audio CD". DO NOT SELECT MP3, this is what i did b/c of all the MP3 talk but just make sure AUDIO CD is selected. as far as the "gap" and "sound check" and "cd text" options those dont matter.

6. now just burn your cd as you normally would, place it in your xbox and you will have the "RIP CD" option available.

**** If you right click, then slect get info or if you go thru the file menu to edit song( you know where you can change the title, or artist, or album name). If you select the "OPTIONS TAB", when see a setting for "START & STOP TIME". if you edit or cut songs by using time, when you burn cd it will only burn the edited part.

for example i wanted to use only chorus part of "enter sandman" for stadium sound. I change the start time to "1:34" then the end time to "1:52" on the burn cd it only has that 30 sec clip. I put 51 clips or soundbites onto on cd. now make sure you reset start and stop times after burning cd. Or whenever you listen to, download(ipod), or play that song it will keep that same start & stop time
Thanks bro. I got it now
Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #28
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Somewhat related, I seem to be having issues with the XBOX360 ripping audio CDs burnt using Windows Media Player 11. Using CDs burnt with iTunes 7.6 it's fine, but I was not successful with WMP...

Memorex CD-Rs used in both cases.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #29
Rookie

DaveWolf's Arena

OVR: 3

Has anyone had any luck using a CD-RW +/-? I have had decent luck using a Imitation CD-R, but I can see I am going to waste some good CD's as I mix and match my stadium sounds.

I tried using a CD-RW, but when I put it in the CD into the 360, it reads it as a mixed media disc and doesn't give me the option of ripping any tracks.

I had the same files listed both as MP3's and Windows music tracks on the CD RW.

Does the disc have to be a CD-R for it to work?

On a side note, any suggestions on a program to use to reformat/erase data from a CD RW? So far I can't find a program that will delete off the old data.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWolf
Has anyone had any luck using a CD-RW +/-? I have had decent luck using a Imitation CD-R, but I can see I am going to waste some good CD's as I mix and match my stadium sounds.

I tried using a CD-RW, but when I put it in the CD into the 360, it reads it as a mixed media disc and doesn't give me the option of ripping any tracks.

I had the same files listed both as MP3's and Windows music tracks on the CD RW.

Does the disc have to be a CD-R for it to work?

On a side note, any suggestions on a program to use to reformat/erase data from a CD RW? So far I can't find a program that will delete off the old data.
i used a Imation CD-RW. i just used windows XP to erase/write the files(windows explorer), it burned with media player 11.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #31
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

So...is it that the 360 won't recognize Memorex CD-Rs? Thats what i have all my songs on and it just says unreadable disc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #32
Rookie

locoguano's Arena

OVR: 1

This is the deal with cd-rs...

First of all, pretty much any xbox is going to hate cd-rs... most don't work... They like cd-rws a little better, depending on the dvd drive you have...

Check this site:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_3...Comparison.htm
Has pictures to help you determine which drive you have...

The Thompson drive reads many cd-rs and most cd-rws...
The Benq drive reads most cd-rs and cd-rws...
The Hitachi drive reads very, very few discs...

My 360 had a Hitachi drive, so I went to best buy today and exchanged it for a new one (since I am still under warranty). The Hitachi read nothing.. the new one, with the benq drive, reads everything i throw at it... Pretty much any new xbox has the benq drive (not to mention a better motherboard).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds »