Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #89
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I just can't get over how horrible the announcer commentary is when playing an NBA game. The Duke PG (Jason Williams?) is the worse of the two. The Van Gundy commentary team from last year was much better. I want to mute the announcers but that's half the "broadcast atmosphere" right there. Kinda frustrating.

Everyone playing this game must be just playing the One mode. Lol.
The devs said on reddit that’s the new commentary is a multi year process. They’ve also said that it’ll get more fleshed out as the season goes on as the guys will be in recording all year.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 10

In some ways, creating a franchise mode is a time consuming process. Look at 2k19s menus. They look really amazing. It's stuff like that, plus trade logic, different ways to draft and scout and build your team. You can also tinker with it because it won't break like game play will. It can have a broken part but say bird rights aren't working, it doesn't make the whole thing collapse.

That being sad, it's too bad you dudes are all jumping off before the game even starts haha. Whenever I play nba in the demo, as I've said, I am thinking of user v user 5 on 5 nba rules.

I think people are underrating how good the game play is in live. I can see why people say "it's trash", and if could use more animations and more ways to make people miss inside, but mechanically, as a game that focuses on positioning and not spamming steal and block, it's a welcome change. And watching the weight behind players movements.

Live franchise has never been good. They need the right rosters, good Sim stats, and stuff like that. Basic building blocks to make it worth playing. But I don't see there ever being a deep my gm like mode. 2k has almost 20 years under their belt on that. And like I said. It doesn't self limit, 2ks game play is self limiting now because there's not much more they can do without rebuilding the engine.

-Smak
Old 09-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #91
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Guys, in regards to responsiveness, please make sure you have optimized your TV and PS4/Xbox to allow for no or minimized input lag. I do this every year with every iteration of this game to find the sweet spot and it makes a MAJOR difference in user input response!

If anyone needs tips on what areas or variables to tune to yield favorable results, simply let me know. Hate to think some are missing out on enjoying this gem due to something as correctable as this.
What do I need to do to do that (as far as optimizing my TV and XB1)?

As far as the game, I'm REALLY enjoying it. The Streets challenges really take me back to NBA Street. I literally have some difficulty beating some of the bosses because I'm trying to win but also want to get the objectives. It's hella fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #92
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Still haven’t gotten a solid answer on this.....

How are online ranked H2H matches ??

Still bare bones ? Did they add anything ?

Any type of feedback would be appreciated.

To answer my own question and if anyone else wants any info on this old timers mode.....lol.

I saw some YouTube vids.

Negatives - still looks bare bones not many/no options at all

Positives - added back in “play a friend in a series”.
- looks like it ran very smooth

Outstanding issues - well. This mode is basically untouched and bare bones BUT the most important thing is did they clean up the drops and not getting your wins etc etc......if it is a barebones mode ATLEAST make it run smooth and don’t get cheated out of W’s.

Also better, more accurate and faster roster updates.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #93
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Pretty simple to me.

The flaws talked about are being exaggerated.

Positives:
Gameplay is great
Crowd is great
One mode dominates any career mode out there

Average:

Commentary, which is supposed to add updates throughout the year, confirmed by devs.

Negative:
Franchise better than last year but still bare bones
A few troubling in game bugs still remain
No franchise editing or deep gm mode
Less people will play, most likely making h2h less of an option down the line (hopefully they gain players this year).

So a complete game costs $60. This game is complete except for franchise. Is this game not worth $40 when you break it down simply?

Yes 2k is a complete game, but for 2k you will pay $60 plus $40 just to get your player competitive. On Live you start out in the 70s.

So IF you want to compare, based on the vc element your basically comparing imo a $100 game to a $40 game, $35 with ea access....

For me it's a no brainier, I'll pay $35 for a game that has everything, except a deep franchise, and hopefully they will patch in either a deeper franchise or hopefully they will at least patch a few bugs. We should be able to get one out of the two accomplished.

If you have enough money to buy both games just do that and enjoy both elements. But this is officially the year where I think we can say Live is one deeper mode away from being a complete game. We just have to hope they can grow this year somehow to withstand the onslaught they get from the other game... Because most won't buy two games

Last edited by zrohman; 09-02-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #94
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Pretty simple to me.

The flaws talked about are being exaggerated.

Positives:
Gameplay is great
Crowd is great
One mode dominates any career mode out there

Average:

Commentary, which is supposed to add updates throughout the year, confirmed by devs.

Negative:
Franchise better than last year but still bare bones
A few troubling in game bugs still remain
No franchise editing or deep gm mode
Less people will play, most likely making h2h less of an option down the line (hopefully they gain players this year).

So a complete game costs $60. This game is complete except for franchise. Is this game not worth $40 when you break it down simply?

Yes 2k is a complete game, but for 2k you will pay $60 plus $40 just to get your player competitive. On Live you start out in the 70s.

So IF you want to compare, based on the vc element your basically comparing imo a $100 game to a $40 game, $35 with ea access....

For me it's a no brainier, I'll pay $35 for a game that has everything, except a deep franchise, and hopefully they will patch in either a deeper franchise or hopefully they will at least patch a few bugs. We should be able to get one out of the two accomplished.

If you have enough money to buy both games just do that and enjoy both elements. But this is officially the year where I think we can say Live is one deeper mode away from being a complete game. We just have to hope they can grow this year somehow to withstand the onslaught they get from the other game... Because most won't buy two games

I do buy both games, though. Live 19 for online and The One, 2K19 for offline and the deep MyLeague.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #95
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This is OS. Ya'll are wasting y'alls typing trying to sway dedicated franchise guys to ignore it's current state, lol. Everyone has their thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #96
Rookie

I've been a 2K guy since the Dreamcast days that said I pre-ordered Live 19. I'll probably buy 2K on a sale but I needed something new and the gameplay in Live provides that. This game plays beautifully, I've never really been into my player but I know I'm all set with VC and that walk simulator in 2K.

At almost 40 chasing a better career and school I don't have time to be the franchise guy I use to be. Now that I think of it I can't remember the last time I finished a season in 2K. This game should scratch my NBA itch sufficiently.

Monopolies are never good just look at the other sports titles. On that note we need a baseball game for Xbox like the show.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »