Home

Nba 2k17 on ps3 is like 2k15

This is a discussion on Nba 2k17 on ps3 is like 2k15 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #17
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Nba 2k17 on ps3 is like 2k15

i love 2k but i am waiting for chrismas so i can get a ps4 NBA2K16 is plenty for now
Old 09-30-2016, 01:37 AM   #18
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Editing capabilities.

I'm not saying PS4 can't do this; I'm just not aware that it can. I can afford a PS4, but I stuck with my PS3 and NBA 2K13 because of the editing capabilities with RedMC and Leftos, like

*giving the 96 Bulls the black pinstripe jerseys and shortening their shorts length to reflect the 90s (and doing that with other historic teams who have alternate uniforms belonging to the current version of that team)
*giving arenas their real names, and not "Knicks Arena"
*giving historic teams their real coaches (like Bulls of the 90s having Phil Jackson and Jim Cleamons)
*creating players and giving them cyberface lookalikes instead of generic faces, or giving them their coaching faces, like Mark Jackson of the 1998 Pacers
*spelling out the name of teams on the scoreboard ("Los Angeles" instead of "LAL")
*maybe most of all, I have a virtual "real" Charles Barkley on the 76ers and the Suns

Creating college teams with authentic and accurate looks is the only selling point to me for PS4, but if you can do everything I mentioned on next gen (which again is possible--I'm just not aware that you could) then I would buy it tomorrow.
That seems all very trivial. Unless you have OCD, there's no justifying not playing a superior (in every way) version of the game. You'll never be happy with anything if you're such a stickler with small small details.

I guess you must not care about gameplay and instead spend hours in menus tweaking jerseys and faces. Very weird to me, considering you've been around since 2007. Do you even play the game? Or do you just sit back and enjoy having all the minor details adjusted?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:24 AM   #19
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
That seems all very trivial. Unless you have OCD, there's no justifying not playing a superior (in every way) version of the game. You'll never be happy with anything if you're such a stickler with small small details.

I guess you must not care about gameplay and instead spend hours in menus tweaking jerseys and faces. Very weird to me, considering you've been around since 2007. Do you even play the game? Or do you just sit back and enjoy having all the minor details adjusted?

What's trivial is your criticism of me for choosing to play one video game over another--it's just a video game. It shouldn't be weird to you, considering I've been around since 2007, if you also consider this: many people opted to stick with College Hoops 2K8 instead of NCAA Basketball 10, which included better graphics, ESPN and CBS integration, etc--despite 2K8 being a real eyesore. And many people even stuck with NFL 2K5 on PS2 over the Madden series on PS3 for years.

I'm happy with a lot of things, and that came out of left field. It's just a game; no need to take other people's choices to task like you did. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 10:50 PM   #20
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
What's trivial is your criticism of me for choosing to play one video game over another--it's just a video game. It shouldn't be weird to you, considering I've been around since 2007, if you also consider this: many people opted to stick with College Hoops 2K8 instead of NCAA Basketball 10, which included better graphics, ESPN and CBS integration, etc--despite 2K8 being a real eyesore. And many people even stuck with NFL 2K5 on PS2 over the Madden series on PS3 for years.

I'm happy with a lot of things, and that came out of left field. It's just a game; no need to take other people's choices to task like you did. Wow.

thank u for that 2k13 roster i use it when i want to play a classic game
Old 10-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #21
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
thank u for that 2k13 roster i use it when i want to play a classic game

You're welcome, and thank you for the compliment. I've finally found a suitable cyberface lookalike for the 1998 Pacers' Reggie Miller and I might post the newest file for you guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #22
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

First of all, there are a number of guys, JD, myself, and others who get as much, if not more, enjoyment from creating rosters than we do from actually playing the game. It's not weird -- it's just different.

Second, for whatever reason, the next gen games seem less fun to me. In fact, I threw in NBA2k11 to finish off the Jordan challenges the other day and enjoyed myself more than I have playing any next gen game. About a month ago, I threw in NCAA Football 05 on the PS2 just to play some of the Pontiac classic game finishes. I think the challenge with all of the next gen "realism" is that some folks want a "game" and that the closer you get to a sim, the less we want to play. It's not right or wrong, it's just different.

Thanks to JD for all of his work on these rosters. He really welcomed me to OS about 6 years ago when I was one of the new guys (although I'm one of the old guys -- almost 50).

And finally, what is probably happening with the NBA2K series is the same thing that happened with NCAA Football once the PS3 came out. They continued to make the game for the PS2 but NCAA 09-11 on the PS2 were pretty much the same game.

Peace out!

Quote:

Last edited by bigdoc85; 10-02-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Re: Nba 2k17 on ps3 is like 2k15

I completely agree with bigdoc. I actually own a Xbox one and the games they create are what I consider too complicated bc it's true to life. Too true to life. It's a video game. Don't get me wrong I don't want to play an arcade style game but I was playing NCAA football 11 on ps2 even though I owned a PS3 bc I enjoyed it. I own madden NBA FIFA and pes for PS3 for 17 and I'm completely happy. Most games are just a roster update with some subtle changes but the games to me are enjoyable and fun with little complication. I am an old school guy but I own NBA and madden for Xbox one but I just can't get into it. They are great games but based on my schedule I need games to just pick up and enjoy with realism but not complication. Xbox one is not that to me as this time. When they stop making PS3 games which will be soon I will devote my time to Xbox one. Maybe!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #24
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoccia
When they stop making PS3 games which will be soon I will devote my time to Xbox one. Maybe!
good choice!

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 11-10-2016 at 11:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »