Home

NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #81
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
I'm laughing at the fact that people are clowning a current gen title In its final years instead of looking forward till Next gen. Typical
It's even funnier how they just come out of the woodwork just to comment. They didn't even bother reading Jwills impression thread. He even says that graphically its 2k13 but the gameplay pretty much surpasses 13's....but yeah next gen is right around the corner so why not just wait for the info for that?

That's where the battle begins with 2k vs EA marketing for next gen Bball. October will be an interesting month here in the forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

I could care less about accessories and uni colors, im all about gameplay. Only real problems I have is that the main problems I had with the last game are still their. 3s being easy and EASY buckets by the big men.

They said they are playing on SS/ Sim..... Ok, imagine that gameplay on Pro/ Default. Doesn't look like it will be really fun on quick match. HOWEVER, it does look like alot of problems I had were addressed. But when you make layups by Chandler right by the rim EASY with a man in front of him with no angle and 3s are dropping at a ridiculous rate, it makes a top baller as my self not want to play it.

I'll just wait til next gen but I encourage everybody to support 2k this gen if you don't got plans for next gen. Looks solid but I don't see why they couldn't just fix the lead pass D issue with 2k11 on ball D (Yeah they bobble it sometimes but 2k could make it better so the D doesn't slide out the way).

2k All day, CANT WAIT for a 2k Football : )
Old 09-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #83
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck
Good thing online,mycareer,myteam,teamup,crews have sliders OH WAIT THEY DON'T.

I can see this game being somewhat likable in ASSOCIATION.
Really? Really?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #84
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
That's where the battle begins with 2k vs EA marketing for next gen Bball. October will be an interesting month here in the forums.
I think it's going to be depressing myself. Some people's expectations are WAY out of whack if they're disappointed because current gen 2K14 isn't making them relive memories of their Christmas morning as a 12yr old. I shudder to think what they expect next gen to do, especially when there isn't a next gen game that's been announced that's been truly mind-blowing. I predict lots of disappointment. And anger. But they won't blame themselves for setting their expectations too high. Funny some people begged for video just so they could proclaim it's the reason they won't be buying the title.

I didn't watch all of the video myself; I think the guys had to be careful to play a certain way or get lambasted for not playing "sim" enough or cheesing - even though people were going to make those complaints anyway. I miss some of the more drawn out animations of the past but I do like the improved player interaction. I don't get the complaints about the game's presentation, when they already were head and shoulders above what anyone else is doing. This is the one fanbase I'd think wouldn't expect 2K to need to reinvent themselves every year, but it's the one fanbase that seems to expect it.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #85
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

The perimeter and paint contact alone will justify my purchase of 2k14. Loving the fact that a lot of paints shots were disrupted by hands up positioning. In 2k13 a hands up animation only resulted in the defender being pushed back or slid out of the way like a chess piece. A lot of subtle improvements I see (dribbling/rebound/defensive animations). Anyone who thought this game would look drastically different from 2k13 well...I don't know what to tell you ..LOL. People are justified in their disappointment though about some of the face scans not changing for some players as I feel that is the least 2k could have done graphically for current gen. I don't know how easy/hard it is to update faces on current gen, but based on what I've seen so far there are some players they should not have stood pat on. True judgement comes once we actually play the game though and I look forward to doing that.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-07-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #86
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

why'd you have to go showin me next gen 2k? now all current gen makes me bored.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #87
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
why'd you have to go showin me next gen 2k? now all current gen makes me bored.
Not sure if your joking, but this is current gen gameplay.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #88
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Not sure if your joking, but this is current gen gameplay.
He's asking why did 2K taunt with next gen. Cause I think everyone loved big mouths open and a dunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »