Home

NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2023, 09:51 AM   #65
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

Can’t lie, the cam cut on this one got me hype, lol

https://media3.giphy.com/media/rqvRH...giphy.gif&ct=g

Stupid update box though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 10:16 AM   #66
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Shot release…….set, push etc etc etc……give me the “for dummies” version please.
Basically it's early=set, sightly early=push, sightly late and late. Same from year. Just worded differently

You kind of have to play with it. To figure out which one you like more.

https://youtu.be/p58zoInO65c?si=Hu0Uv9SGQfRO1_zM
Old 09-19-2023, 11:04 AM   #67
Rookie

unc2115's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
My adjustments were to either steal the pass on the cutter or help out. Then quickly change into rotating defenders.

On offense he played off ball most of the time. So I would make players cut on him to.

Let me see if I recorded the whole game. I'll post it here. The other weird thing is he didn't start Jalen Burnson. He moved Randle to SF. Started Dante, RJ, Randle, Sims and Robinson. So I guess he wanted only bigger players cutting to the rim.

But BI stole a few passes. The center (JV) stole some. Like you, he did hit some 3 pointers. My rotation started being off Sims and Robinson.

I wonder if this is a defensive consistent rating problem. I had the Pelicans. While I do play with Indiana Pacers a lot. They don't have the strongest defense.
Yeah seems to be the strategy playing with the biggest lineup possible. I haven’t played much Tier 1 but can imagine Bucks users doing it.

He had Olynyk step in at Center and was hitting wide open 3s. Along with Mark and Kess in the game, there was always some sort of mismatch around the basket. Had he not been able to shoot I would’ve been good lol

But yeah forcing turnovers was not something I was able to do with Indy. I could’ve tried playing the passing lanes more manually but that’s not something I’m used to.

What got me was the slow pace. We both only had 35-36 FGAs… just a nasty game .
Old 09-19-2023, 12:44 PM   #68
Rookie

runnerwest's Arena

OVR: 0

that cut cheese is real holy crap. just ran into a warriors user on xbox running it the entire game -- i couldn't stop it w JJJ or steven adams - there's just sumthing about it not cutting them off in time especially playing on broadcast. despite all that had a chance to win it w/ a 3 at the top of the key but morant missed. so wack just 56 pts in the paint -- tried everything defensive settings wise and nothing would work. unacceptable smh
Old 09-19-2023, 12:58 PM   #69
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc2115
Yeah seems to be the strategy playing with the biggest lineup possible. I haven’t played much Tier 1 but can imagine Bucks users doing it.

He had Olynyk step in at Center and was hitting wide open 3s. Along with Mark and Kess in the game, there was always some sort of mismatch around the basket. Had he not been able to shoot I would’ve been good lol

But yeah forcing turnovers was not something I was able to do with Indy. I could’ve tried playing the passing lanes more manually but that’s not something I’m used to.

What got me was the slow pace. We both only had 35-36 FGAs… just a nasty game .
Here is the full game
https://youtu.be/LZvVu1-z1V0?si=7rrZrKpXbLfJPCfX
I'm missing the first few minutes of all the dunks. But you can see he's not giving up on the tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerwest
that cut cheese is real holy crap. just ran into a warriors user on xbox running it the entire game -- i couldn't stop it w JJJ or steven adams - there's just sumthing about it not cutting them off in time especially playing on broadcast. despite all that had a chance to win it w/ a 3 at the top of the key but morant missed. so wack just 56 pts in the paint -- tried everything defensive settings wise and nothing would work. unacceptable smh
If this spreading around that SUCKS!!!

But for both of you this is how I stopped it consistently.

https://youtu.be/JC8amhN9tb4?si=HZkEB97tKUeQJKat

I kind of stopped playing the on-ball all together. It's sad it's something I love to do. But you got to be smart. He was able to get a few buckets here and there. But it wasn't an efficient offense long term for my opponent. He actually started calling pick and rolls in the second half. Because it just didn't work. I used it against him too. But not the way he was doing it. He made tiny runs. But it just didn't last long. If someone is mixing it with other things yes that can be really hard to beat. But if they are just doing it over and over. It shouldn't work.

This can't be an Xbox thing right?
Old 09-19-2023, 03:55 PM   #70
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I think the logic currently is in a good place. You're not timing it like a jumper. It's all about the contest. If it's a wide open layup. It's going in. But if it's a contested layup. Your timing has to be on point to make it. Especially with a player with high layup rating. For example Zion. It's a small adjustment period. I already don't even notice. I've only played one XBOX player. Also since we can play now. Is it possible for you and I to play game? I'm on baby leave so I have plenty of time to grab that public L . I'll take one for the thread.
Thats cool with me jeebs, just let me know when you're ready lol

Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-19-2023, 04:02 PM   #71
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Here is the full game
https://youtu.be/LZvVu1-z1V0?si=7rrZrKpXbLfJPCfX
I'm missing the first few minutes of all the dunks. But you can see he's not giving up on the tactic. If this spreading around that SUCKS!!!

But for both of you this is how I stopped it consistently.

https://youtu.be/JC8amhN9tb4?si=HZkEB97tKUeQJKat

I kind of stopped playing the on-ball all together. It's sad it's something I love to do. But you got to be smart. He was able to get a few buckets here and there. But it wasn't an efficient offense long term for my opponent. He actually started calling pick and rolls in the second half. Because it just didn't work. I used it against him too. But not the way he was doing it. He made tiny runs. But it just didn't last long. If someone is mixing it with other things yes that can be really hard to beat. But if they are just doing it over and over. It shouldn't work.

This can't be an Xbox thing right?
My 2 losses so far came from cutters. One against the Warriors with KD. Can you imagine the Pistons against that Warriors team lol Came down to the end though but he got me.

The guy that's defending the cutters I usually set to gap.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 06:33 PM   #72
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Yeah that's one way to do it.

But guys I guess now that's the "meta" I've played about 10 games today. But every single person was doing the cutter cheese. It's really insane how effective it can be. It's kind of sad. There must be a video out spreading this garbage. Or everyone gets beat by someone doing it and then they copy cat.

I just played my first game with Steve Nash. It was awesome. But this cutting thing sucks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »