Home

NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2023, 03:42 AM   #497
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

I recommend this.

Get into freestyle mode with all of the star guards. Just move around the court taking different shots from different spots. Pull ups, hop shots, off different dribble moves, with turbo, without turbo.

The level of animation variety is unmatched.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2023, 04:18 AM   #498
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Since I'm not getting to those 2005 Suns teams. I've been playing with the 1991 Lakers team.
My God Magic Johnson animations are ****ing crazy. I love it.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...0wx-E1_yQ&s=19

Some of them ****ed me up. Like this one. I thought he was passing to someone else. I had another one. But I missed the shot because he was wide open.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...dpfe5Jl3w&s=19

1998 Jazz warning more pick and roll
Spoiler
Are you using “flashy pass” to get those cool Magic pass animations or does it do it using normal pass? Not sure if they changed anything in his pass package for 2K24 but in 23 he does those cool bullet passes too, but I started noticing them when I hit flashy pass.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:22 AM   #499
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Are you using “flashy pass” to get those cool Magic pass animations or does it do it using normal pass? Not sure if they changed anything in his pass package for 2K24 but in 23 he does those cool bullet passes too, but I started noticing them when I hit flashy pass.
I’m on normal pass and see those animations with Magic.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:24 AM   #500
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Since I'm not getting to those 2005 Suns teams. I've been playing with the 1991 Lakers team.
My God Magic Johnson animations are ****ing crazy. I love it.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...0wx-E1_yQ&s=19

Some of them ****ed me up. Like this one. I thought he was passing to someone else. I had another one. But I missed the shot because he was wide open.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...dpfe5Jl3w&s=19

1998 Jazz warning more pick and roll
Spoiler
Yea Magic’s animations are cool, from his side dribble bringing the ball up the court to his passing on breaks.
Old 09-28-2023, 07:01 AM   #501
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I recommend this.

Get into freestyle mode with all of the star guards. Just move around the court taking different shots from different spots. Pull ups, hop shots, off different dribble moves, with turbo, without turbo.

The level of animation variety is unmatched.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This right here is a must!!!! I love to spend a lot of time moving without pressing speed. I still do the same drills I've been doing for years now. Still my favorite is hitting 10 shots in a row from any where on the court. Then focusing on one spot for 10 more. I always do it on HOF so my margin of error is tiny. When I get online it's easier
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
All these are normal passes for Magic. The one flashy pass I threw missed me up lol. I thought he was throwing it out of bounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I’m on normal pass and see those animations with Magic.
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Yea Magic’s animations are cool, from his side dribble bringing the ball up the court to his passing on breaks.
And it feels perfect. It's a great weapon to have. I'm the game above. Once I started running and pushing the ball. My opponent was scrambling to get back with his guards. Causing major mismatches. I can't imagine playing with 1988 Magic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2023, 08:16 AM   #502
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
This right here is a must!!!! I love to spend a lot of time moving without pressing speed. I still do the same drills I've been doing for years now. Still my favorite is hitting 10 shots in a row from any where on the court. Then focusing on one spot for 10 more. I always do it on HOF so my margin of error is tiny. When I get online it's easierAll these are normal passes for Magic. The one flashy pass I threw missed me up lol. I thought he was throwing it out of bounds ExactlyAnd it feels perfect. It's a great weapon to have. I'm the game above. Once I started running and pushing the ball. My opponent was scrambling to get back with his guards. Causing major mismatches. I can't imagine playing with 1988 Magic
Yea I’m playing with 80s Lakers. Magic was my guy growing up. 80s Lakers feels like a cheat code lol, they are just too good!
Old 09-29-2023, 08:03 PM   #503
Pro

Early sim results suggest 2k's love affair with Atlanta and New Orleans will continue, while Philly have won the title in eight of the ten seasons I've simmed to date (Atlanta and New Orleans the other two). As expected, it doesn't really like Denver as it doesn't rate their role players.

I assume the sim engine doesn't take into account the mental side of the playoffs!
Old 09-29-2023, 08:12 PM   #504
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

One of the things I've been working on is attacking close out defender. First, shooting is easier. Especially with a really good shooter. That defender will jump any where . Working on side step the defense and shooting a 3 pointer. The animation is probably smoother with other players.

https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...JcBr3hD2w&s=19

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »