Home

NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2023, 11:42 PM   #473
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQuips
Are you using default sliders? If so, what difficulty?
Superstar with a few tweaks.

Eccentric's slider set is pretty similar to mine with two notable exceptions:
1. I use real player %
2. for some attributes Eccentric lowers the AI by 5 points to offset the boost they get at SS. I don't, I allow the AI to have a ratings boost to make up for its inability to equal a human's ability to scheme/adjust
Old 09-24-2023, 11:52 PM   #474
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
This game is full of head scratchers. More so than any 2k ever. Have you noticed how the lighting in Staples is different in Mamba Moments vs. Eras and quick play? And how Shannon Brown has a completely different model that isn’t accessible outside of Mamba Moments?

This type of stuff just completely destroys the fun factor for me. It would be different if things weren’t in the game at all…it’s just so frustrating when things ARE in the game, but locked behind modes!
Bruhhhhh I was so happy about the the organ playing at the Staples in the mamba moments
Untill I played a Laker home game in the Kobe Era
Talk about a deflated moment

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2023, 12:25 AM   #475
Pro

OVR: 0

This game is beautiful, coming from PS4 really show the difference not only the graphics and the control as well, i was mind blown didnt expect it. its harder than i thought and with all the buttons for gameplays.Youtube didnt do justice how this game looks like when you actually playing it.

Im playing Offline only current NBA in HOF, Broadcast Cam as always with VTCRB roster (zero badges for all players, attached below) and adjust sliders for more realistic outcome

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-nba2k24.html

Mannn..the movement the graphics how alive all of them...but..

1. Ai score easily even with low sliders for both.
2. they really need to fix the floor colors and reflection.
3. Do celebrity always sit in every game? played 3 games and didnt see a single one.
4. there is a bug i guess when doing layup animation not looking on the ring almost the head is sideways. happened 3 times.
5. the jersey too tight in the torso area need a little breathing room for it to flow and not part of the player skin.
6. they need to use Ai for the announcer and crowd instead to capture the moment as of now is so bland.
7. timeouts is not consistent for all 3 games i played..sometimes Ai didnt even call a single timeout in a 12 minute quarter.
8. Still some players need to be updated and they need to add hair physics even for short hair like Luka and Sabonis at least the front part.
9. nobody sweat in a 48 minutes game???
10. clippings still there.
11. broadcast cam need adjustment as it doesnt capture some certain homecourts. ex Suns
12. they need to remove or fix this sudden speed boost from cathing the ball or the Ai on ball defense lateral quickness no matter how i adjust it still happens.
13. while defending even if you avoid the screen its like you are getting suck into this animation. no matter how you adjust the direction of your player.
14. i was hoping that the sliders wouldnt have to go on the top all the time every time i switch from CPU and user while adjusting every slides because that was not helpful at all.

This are just somethings i notice that i hope they will be able to patch in the future.

My last game i played GSW and Kings in their home court i got cooked by Fox and i wasnt even mad at all. i got cooked beautifuly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2023, 12:22 PM   #476
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Re: Closeouts

A lot to the times you’re more open than you think.

This is a strong perimeter defender in Battier closing out to Pierce and his super slow jumper. Complete your timing and let that thing fly.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/iz4OX...giphy.gif&ct=g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2023, 03:34 PM   #477
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
This game is full of head scratchers. More so than any 2k ever. Have you noticed how the lighting in Staples is different in Mamba Moments vs. Eras and quick play? And how Shannon Brown has a completely different model that isn’t accessible outside of Mamba Moments?

This type of stuff just completely destroys the fun factor for me. It would be different if things weren’t in the game at all…it’s just so frustrating when things ARE in the game, but locked behind modes!
When I see things like that that just yells contract agreement. It's a sacrifice I'm ok with. I rather it be that way than playing a Kobe moment and asking why that guy isn't there. I'd love to play with Jason Williams on the Kings. But it's ok.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:36 PM   #478
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

This is a strong perimeter defender in Battier closing out to Pierce and his super slow jumper. Complete your timing and let that thing fly.

I've noticed with player with deadeye isn't effected on those kind of close out. You need to get to his body. I've hit a bunch of really well contested shots with Dirk.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #479
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Depends on the shooter. I would assume Pierce has a lot of badges, and a high shot immunity. Certain guys I feel comfortable with closeouts, other guys no way. But, I guess that is realistic to an extent.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #480
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I've noticed with player with deadeye isn't effected on those kind of close out. You need to get to his body. I've hit a bunch of really well contested shots with Dirk.
Depends. Trae Young’s Deadeye ain’t Dirk’s. Ha. I think shot height, mixed with deadeye and immunity is the key.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »