Home

NBA 2K24 Mamba Moments Details and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Mamba Moments Details and Trailer Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2023, 10:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Mamba Moments Details and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Yup. Not many players in the 2000's era were wearing those painted on, skin tight uni's they have today.

They really need to work on jersey and shorts fit.

Got to be honest, from the footage shown, most of that stuff outside of the nice behind the back and into the dunk and a few celebrations, doesn't look very signature based. His move set looks generic, from the jumper to the spins etc.
Unlike the Jordan challenge footage where they updated MJ’s likeness tremendously, not once in this did I feel like I was watching Kobe. It seems proplay focus had them not update any of Kobe’s sigs (which were already updated in his 2K21 cover year then more added in 2K22 and 2K23). Also todays jersey fits are more in line with Jordan’s era fits so even works in MJ challenge’s favor and makes something feel missing in Kobe’s game footage.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:21 AM   #10
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow…no 81 or his last game, probably the two most remembered of his career. I get player rights issues, but I might’ve scrapped all of this in favor of another era (1995-96 going into the 96 draft) then do a Kobe challenge mode without those two.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:24 AM   #11
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

They've got to be trolling us, right?

They surely CAN'T have this mode without the 81 game, surely?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2023, 10:25 AM   #12
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I was hoping to see a game from the 99-00 Season. I just want the Lakers team from that year. I'll probably just have to create it myself

I find it underwhelming too. I'm going to play it and enjoy it but man...
Old 08-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #13
Pro

Lacking a lot honestly, especially compared to the Jordan Challenges last year. No 81 point game, no 60 point game, etc
Old 08-24-2023, 10:27 AM   #14
MVP

lakers24's Arena

They 100% dropped the ball on this ngl. This was the one thing I was sure was going to lead me into a 2k24 purchase and now I'm perfectly fine waiting unless what I see of Proplay changes things. Right now though, it's middling to say the least.

Like, of all the moments they could choose from, they pick only 7 AND not include the 81 point game, 60 in the last game, 61 in the Garden? Models for guys like Shaq of all people still aren't touched. This just kind of feels like a slap in the face coming off the Jordan Challenge as a Lakers/Kobe fan.

Unless they add more moments as the year goes on, this just feels kind of hollow.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:30 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Wow…no 81 or his last game, probably the two most remembered of his career. I get player rights issues, but I might’ve scrapped all of this in favor of another era (1995-96 going into the 96 draft) then do a Kobe challenge mode without those two.
It’s almost as if they didn’t really wanna do this but felt an obligation to honor Kobe in a similar way to MJ (in fear of public backlash)

You can tell the effort they put into this one isn’t even CLOSE to the effort put into the Jordan Challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2023, 10:30 AM   #16
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Man, if player rights were that big an issue they could've just pulled a 2k12 and did a Greatest Moments mode for multiple legends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »