Home

NBA 2K24 Mamba Moments Details and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Mamba Moments Details and Trailer Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2023, 12:34 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Mamba Moments Details and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayTrece
See these images show the jerseys are capable of ummm moving lol crazy they can make certain players hair flow and even shorts to a certain extent but the jerseys aren’t applicable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stuff def makes you wonder why they continue to cut so many corners visually. Is the city/neighborhood really that taxing on the hardware?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2023, 12:35 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
Its not a "missing guys" issue. Most of the Raptors guys from that 2006 team are gonna be in 2k24 and were already included in 2k23.
Whatever it may be, some clarity would be a nice touch at some point. Though I know that probably wouldn't make a difference to may folks who are going to be upset regardless.
Old 08-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #83
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I would love the baggy jerseys but I wonder if there are reasons preventing them from putting those jerseys in. Could there be something in programming preventing them from having two different types of jerseys (tight and baggy)? Could it be a challenge of getting physics that function differently for baggy jerseys vs the tight jerseys? Could it even possibly be a license things based on who was making the baggy NBA jerseys at the time? Perhaps 2k doesn't have access and permission to scan/replicate those jerseys.

Or maybe it's simply something that 2k doesn't think is worth the time and resources.
The answer is definitively 'no' to everything in your first paragraph, and we of course know that the actual devs are more than capable, which leaves only the "2K doesn't think it's important enough" explanation.
Old 08-24-2023, 12:57 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah, I'm sure marketing always has its reasons, but a little bit of honest-to-goodness clarity would go a long way. DaCzar seems to do a nice job of that when it comes to gameplay elements but it'd be cool if someone out there could just be like, "Hey yeah, you guys obviously noticed 81's missing. We tried, but we just couldn't get more than four or five players from that Raptors team to come aboard."

There's still time for that clarity to come through though.
EXACTLY THIS!!

This all we want. We dont need documents of you guys trying to get licenses, but just some "Yeah, we know 81 missing, we obviously wanted to add but it didnt work out due to licensing issues"

Simple, or just say to us "Hey guys, we see you. It just didnt get through the red tape"
Old 08-24-2023, 12:59 PM   #85
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Vanessa Bryant needs to be informed
Because this was a greedy cloud chasing tactic move by 2k
When he passed they worried up and put him on the cover for 2k21
3 years later they had all this time and didn't put the 81 point game

How would MJ feel if 2k didn't put the game winner shot against Cleveland or Utah🤔

This is unacceptable and this is not honoring Kobe this is honoring their pockets $$$

There's a reason 2k is afraid to show gameplay and not these little trailers
So now you have beef with EA and 2k? I'm guessing SDS is next on your hit list huh lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2023, 01:10 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
The answer is definitively 'no' to everything in your first paragraph, and we of course know that the actual devs are more than capable, which leaves only the "2K doesn't think it's important enough" explanation.
This is the most frustrating thing. Knowing that the devs are capable of fixing these issues. Those guys are extremely talented. It’s just a matter of priority and a lack of attention to detail. The fact we’re finally getting accurate theater lighting for Staples, after ALL these years, is crazy.

I don’t necessarily blame them entirely. I know it’s only so much that they’re allowed to do. Especially in a one year cycle.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-24-2023 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2023, 01:25 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goma76
The graphics feels a bit meh, I believe also that Pro Play is not preset in Mamba challenge.
The body type, the jersey are not improved. They are not able to reproduce a real Shaq body and this is a legacy issue.
Surely PC modders can do a better job and I’m wondering why the art department of 2K cannot
Yeah Czar already confirmed that Pro Play only applies to current players which is disappointing. Hopefully they expand it to historic players going forward because the difference in fluidity was definitely noticeable in this trailer compared to the 1st one we got..

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-24-2023 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2023, 01:36 PM   #88
Rookie

I didn’t read the whole thread so far, and I swear I’m not a nitpicky player… BUT THESE TIGHT JERSEYS REALLY AINT IT MAN

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »