Home

NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 06:15 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

Finally some “next gen” sounding features. Will be on the wait and see side.

Waiting to see what Czar has to say about help defense. Its my 2nd “needs improvement” item in the game behind overhauling the passing system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 06:18 PM   #82
Rookie

Pro play just might be one of the biggest evolutionary steps of realism in 2k basketball history.

Some level of canned animation would have to be involved (hopefully small) for any of the moves to actually be viable and work against any opponent human or AI.

2k has had plenty of beautiful moves that was mo cap perfectly

but would never work against a defender most of the time because the defense had too much freedom of (mostly unrealistic) movement/sliding when defending a move

or the animation itself was too slow

I'm hoping that pro play works similar to low post backdowns that triggers a low post defensive stances on the defender automatically but with some level of control (I'm ok with that because we still have a bit of control of our players with some defensive counters)

What I'm not hoping for is another dunk meter situation where we lose complete control of our player everytime someone decides to activate a Pro Play animation

It's sounding promising overall if implemented correctly

Last edited by Peaceful dash 88; 08-15-2023 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2023, 06:22 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Icon6 Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230815_182043_X.jpg (135.2 KB, 235 views)
Old 08-15-2023, 06:24 PM   #84
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
New substitution engine is promising. How about conditional substitution? Like where in closing seconds, subbing in good free trhrow shooters or 3 point shooters depending in situation. Id also like to see this applies on defense as well. Where you adjust youre line up if you need defense to close out the game

I mean they’ve had these types of situational lineups in the game for years. Just call a timeout and select the situational lineup yourself, not sure that part needs to be automated for us.
Old 08-15-2023, 06:25 PM   #85
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Shot Timing

Players who play on Hall of Fame difficulty or in the REC or City, will be playing with Green or Miss shot timing for the ultimate challenge. But team-control based modes like Quick Play, MyNBA, or MyTEAM will see more forgiving shot timing, so you won’t have to memorize every single player’s release to the exact frame to be successful.

The Shot Timing Release Time setting from NBA 2K23 has been converted to a new setting called Shot Timing Visual Cue. Now instead of time-based, you can set your desired release point based on certain animation cues, like the jump or set point or shot release. This makes it much easier to play with players and teams you’re not as familiar with.

I'm curious to see this in action does this make the average joe a true comp player because shooting is now extra easy! Only time will tell?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 06:32 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I mean they’ve had these types of situational lineups in the game for years. Just call a timeout and select the situational lineup yourself, not sure that part needs to be automated for us.
I think he means the cpu using these.
Old 08-15-2023, 07:05 PM   #87
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
The videos lakers24 posted made me realize there's a ton of stuff in 2k23 that I never saw before. I need to try to use more teams this year and maybe start a season mode and bounce between teams.
2K23 is filled to the brim, it really is like 2 or 3 different games in one. If 2K23 was just a snippet of this tech then 2K24 could be something special.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2023, 07:07 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

One thing that crossed my mind as a potential point of personal concern: the dunks. I'm guessing the reference to the meter dunks means alley-oops are still on a mandatory meter, which I despise with every fiber of my being. It'd be really swell to have an option to turn that off in human vs. CPU games or at least have a variable success slider.

Somehow, I was able to make more lobs than I missed in 2K23 without ever actually knowing when I was supposed to press the meter button. Not to mention, the meter popped up and left so quickly that I never actually had time to understand what it was ever even trying to tell me. What that meant is that every lob attempt felt like a total crapshoot, which was the worst.

Also, regarding hanging dunks: I spent most of my time in 2K23 in the 80's, when players didn't hang on the rim a whole lot. But I can say that I saw almost no hanging dunk signature animations during gameplay. As in, I could equip Charles Barkley or Shawn Kemp with "Rim Hangs" or "Two-Hand Rim Hangs" or whatever other rim hang sigs but they'd never use them. The only time to get them to hang on the rim was via alley-oop, tip dunk, or manual controller input, but the manual input hangs were all very weak; not an authoritative signature rim hangs but more just a casual dangle.

I've heard others say players like Shaq also wouldn't use his signature Shaq hang dunk either, but I didn't use Shaq a lot this past year so I can't confirm. But I hope that's squared away, because some of the best dunks are those signature power rim hang dunks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »