Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #137
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Keep in mind we are all doing our own roster tweaks, generated from our own theories and the banter in this thread. We are all,playing with different sliders.

We are going to see different things period. When I get time ill post some of my tendency input or testing suggestions.

I think they all work,fairly well and have a purpose you just have to know what knobs your twisting and how they affect other ones,

Brief example
Post back down vs drive vs triple threat .. Those are the only 3 motor stances

I mean if your not in back down , your face up (non used dribble)
If you aren't in those your in motion driving..

There's tools for each motor state: triple threat behaviors
Driving dribbling and shots
And And post tendencies.

If player uniqueness is the goal.. It is my goal you have to understand what they showcase and emphasize what they do well with tendencies to boost.

Ill show case some ideals later with screens I'm not home

Next its important to understand the player you,edit his style and position.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 11-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #138
Just started!

OVR: 0

Anyone can show tendencies kareem bucks ??? 2k default not realistic, I'm trying to modify the post tendencies but I'm not happy with the results.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #139
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Okay so as I'm tinkering with these rosters and have been watching more and more CPU games. I've really gotten annoyed with a specific animation that is tied to the triple threat pump fake tendency. Players will often pump fake in awkward situations but what kills me is inside the paint they do this pump fake and this little one legged I tore my achilles jump where they get no more than 7 in off the ground and Chuck a shot from their shoulder. I really dislike that animation so I am going to try to eliminate it it happens point guard to Center every position so it's definitely a pump fake tendency issue.

Suscribe on Youtube
Gleezybaby43
Old 11-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #140
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Okay so as I'm tinkering with these rosters and have been watching more and more CPU games. I've really gotten annoyed with a specific animation that is tied to the triple threat pump fake tendency. Players will often pump fake in awkward situations but what kills me is inside the paint they do this pump fake and this little one legged I tore my achilles jump where they get no more than 7 in off the ground and Chuck a shot from their shoulder. I really dislike that animation so I am going to try to eliminate it it happens point guard to Center every position so it's definitely a pump fake tendency issue.

Step through shot, up and under, Shot inside, standing layups too low? I had seen that before but not anymore...

Also, to reply to a few things in the thread... Yes, I said the same thing earlier as it's hard if we aren't all comparing apples to apples as there are a lot of different variables in play with how we are each doing our rosters. Thats why the suggestions and findings I have found and shared are mostly all universal and global edits that should not effect player personalities like the fast break. The post game is the 1 that is player specific though which causes some questions. The post game is kind of separate from all that though as far as having other factors in play besides the post backdown / face up (I have balanced to equal 100), & shoot from post & pass to open man tendencies (I guess more factors in play here as I type them out). Also add to that the aggressive backdown which I now have zeroed out league wide thanks to Sonic's suggestion which changed the post up game for the better. I also tested drive tendency outside of post and it does not seem to effect the drive from the post. Other than those though it's pretty straight forward with testing...

But let me clarify and eliminate any confusion with the post game here...

The 100 combined ratings between post moves work, but you can not assign just 1 or 2 post moves and expect it to work. You must assign at least 3 to see the difference. The CPU will use the best available move out of what you gave them and not use zeroed out moves. If I put Right hook shot at 85, Left at 5, and drive and up and under at 5 as well the CPU will use all of the moves depending on the scenario and how they are guarded. BUT you will definitely see the hook shot way more. They will not use the zero out moves ever unless it's drive or up and under move. If you want to see any post hooks you will need to do this way as well... It works without question. It is the only way to see player personalities in the post with doing moves they do irl and using some more than others. For bigs the drive & Up & under you can't really go above 5 or it's all you will see unless of course it's guys who use it more often irl or to balance the face up players with the face up and drive. Guards and wings you could go higher as the fade away's will override it if higher... The CPU will use the best available move, but it will favor the higher rated moves if possible. When I did the same thing outside of the 100 point total theory all went out the window and it was back to pure randomness... For example all of a sudden Gasol started doing spin moves, Howard fade aways and thats with them at 0. They would still do the the moves that were higher but unfortunately they mixed in the moves they shouldn't be using as well. They would also be using the non dominant hand hooks or fades more than with them rated with 100 total theory. If I zero something out though I don't want to see it used ever... Again huge sample size here... I tested everything imaginable here and all theories in the thread as well. I went outside the box and watched a ton of CPU games with multiple different post players to see if they would all play differently with their post ratings done properly to capture proper player specific post moves. Hope that helps...

As far as Kareem go's I'd go...

Right Hook - 75
Left Hook - 10
Drive - 5 (You will get some running hooks like this)
Up & Under - 5
Drop Step - 5

or try...

Right Hook - 85
Left Hook - 11
Drive - 2 (You will get some running hooks like this)
Up & Under - 1
Drop Step - 1
Old 11-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #141
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

https://youtu.be/IbMvtSrJON4

https://youtu.be/mMojMdRdTFE

https://youtu.be/v2IFHpfCpms

https://youtu.be/dUOef8QP2gQ

Suscribe on Youtube
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #142
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Step through shot, up and under, Shot inside, standing layups too low? I had seen that before but not anymore...

Also, to reply to a few things in the thread... Yes, I said the same thing earlier as it's hard if we aren't all comparing apples to apples as there are a lot of different variables in play with how we are each doing our rosters. Thats why the suggestions and findings I have found and shared are mostly all universal and global edits that should not effect player personalities like the fast break. The post game is the 1 that is player specific though which causes some questions. The post game is kind of separate from all that though as far as having other factors in play besides the post backdown / face up (I have balanced to equal 100), & shoot from post & pass to open man tendencies (I guess more factors in play here as I type them out). Also add to that the aggressive backdown which I now have zeroed out league wide thanks to Sonic's suggestion which changed the post up game for the better. I also tested drive tendency outside of post and it does not seem to effect the drive from the post. Other than those though it's pretty straight forward with testing...

But let me clarify and eliminate any confusion with the post game here...

The 100 combined ratings between post moves work, but you can not assign just 1 or 2 post moves and expect it to work. You must assign at least 3 to see the difference. The CPU will use the best available move out of what you gave them and not use zeroed out moves. If I put Right hook shot at 85, Left at 5, and drive and up and under at 5 as well the CPU will use all of the moves depending on the scenario and how they are guarded. BUT you will definitely see the hook shot way more. They will not use the zero out moves ever unless it's drive or up and under move. If you want to see any post hooks you will need to do this way as well... It works without question. It is the only way to see player personalities in the post with doing moves they do irl and using some more than others. For bigs the drive & Up & under you can't really go above 5 or it's all you will see unless of course it's guys who use it more often irl or to balance the face up players with the face up and drive. Guards and wings you could go higher as the fade away's will override it if higher... The CPU will use the best available move, but it will favor the higher rated moves if possible. When I did the same thing outside of the 100 point total theory all went out the window and it was back to pure randomness... For example all of a sudden Gasol started doing spin moves, Howard fade aways and thats with them at 0. They would still do the the moves that were higher but unfortunately they mixed in the moves they shouldn't be using as well. They would also be using the non dominant hand hooks or fades more than with them rated with 100 total theory. If I zero something out though I don't want to see it used ever... Again huge sample size here... I tested everything imaginable here and all theories in the thread as well. I went outside the box and watched a ton of CPU games with multiple different post players to see if they would all play differently with their post ratings done properly to capture proper player specific post moves. Hope that helps...

As far as Kareem go's I'd go...

Right Hook - 75
Left Hook - 10
Drive - 5 (You will get some running hooks like this)
Up & Under - 5
Drop Step - 5

or try...

Right Hook - 85
Left Hook - 11
Drive - 2 (You will get some running hooks like this)
Up & Under - 1
Drop Step - 1

Vann, do you think you could upload your latest edits tonight? Anxious to try these out.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #143
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsfan76
Vann, do you think you could upload your latest edits tonight? Anxious to try these out.
Yes... I'm still working on the whole league's post moves but have the main guys done for most teams and bigs who will be posting more. Just realize that guys not done will be a random crap shoot as they are all at 0...

Edit: just uploaded it...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 11-11-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Yes... I'm still working on the whole league's post moves but have the main guys done for most teams and bigs who will be posting more. Just realize that guys not done will be a random crap shoot as they are all at 0...

Edit: just uploaded it...
Thank You!!!

Random question... on your last upload I notice that many players had 5 for behind the back dribble. Is there a reason for that? Just curious....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »