Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2017, 12:32 AM   #169
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Anybody interested in ps4 roster with edits based from discoveries in this thread

I just updated the file on my psn: TopshotGwaup15

Completed teams for test:
Cavs
Spurs
OKC
T'wolves
Pelicans
Pacers
Nuggets
Lakers
Clippers
Warriors

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'll test these out asap for ya
Old 11-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #170
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm up to something with this project , clippers have 3 alleys converted in 1st half of this game.

Everything is looking great the pelicans are smacking clippers though by 19 63-44

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 11-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #171
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I just updated the roster for all those interested in it and I had a lot of changes in this one. Here is a list of everything that has been done so far...

xbox 1 - Vannwolfhawk206

Roster Name: Playbooks Done & Edits WIP
Sliders Name: HOF 4 Edited Roster

Playbooks & Play Types
All sig shots up to date From Sig Shot Thread
POE's Done
All advanced rotations done
Badges Added
CAP's Added
All Coaches & Staff's edited
List of Help Defense Slider tweaks for each team (This is a huge difference in CPU defensive play) - Go between 75-99 depending on team. In play now you can switch controller and adjust their help defense slider then go back to your team and it will stick...

Tendencies Done
  1. Fast Break Edits Globally fixed (Transition Spot Up vs Cut)
  2. Dribble Right/Left Globally fixed
  3. Driving dribble moves removed Globally (minus a couple)
  4. Post moves Globally done & favoring players dominant shooting shoulder with Fades & Hooks
  5. All post moves scaled to 100
  6. All Post & Face up's balanced to 100 scale
  7. Passing Vision, IQ, Pass to Open man all redone league & player wide
  8. All touches adjusted for every team
  9. Triple Threat Jab, Pump Fake, & Idle all globally scaled using 100 scale
  10. Finishing moves on the drive (player specific synergy data) added
  11. All Step Back Jumpers for players (player specific synergy data) who use them from 2016 & 2017 stats
  12. All Pull-Up Jumpers for players who use them from 2016 & 2017 stats for...
    - Transition
    - Mid
    - 3 Pt.
  13. All Floaters globally eliminated minus guys who use them
  14. All Players Drive tendencies off synergy data from 2016 & 2017
    - Driving
    - Spin
    - Euro
    - Hop
  15. All the no dribble moves scaled & put higher globally
  16. All Iso's for superstars scaled higher to see more ISO's in game
  17. All Teams & Players Play discipline scaled & edited specific to player or position
  18. Used Sonic's draw fouls, fouls, steal, block & reach in attributes league wide
  19. Aggressive backdown eliminated and ZERO'd out to eliminate the post drive glitch
  20. All Players & teams Size Up's scaled to 100 between...
    - Size-Up
    - Hesitation
    - No Set Up Move
  21. All roll vs pop globally done
  22. A few players got an attribute upgrade like Jaylen Brown, Tobias Harris, etc...
  23. All other Edits were to dial in certain players and balancing after testing CPU vs CPU and USER vs CPU games...
  24. All Finish Strong tendencies scaled and redone

That's all I can think of for now, but not much else to dial in except a few small tweaks to players personalities and balancing shots or drives off spot up's or off screens. After I dialed everything in I locked down a slider set and took it into my league and playoffs mode last night while editing all the teams help defense sliders. I am not sure I have ever had this much fun playing 2k minus me and my brothers wars in the early 2000's! It really plays a beautiful game of basketball. The CPU is no joke and I don't feel cheated at all. You really have to lock in for the full game or before you know it your down 15. I got routed by 20 plus 3-4x last night and loved every second of it. I play on HOF with CPU shooting sliders higher & all the CPU defensive sliders maxed for the most part, but I never felt cheated in any way as it was either my mistakes or just a great play by the CPU. I might have missed picking up a man in transition, went under screen to early & CPU went the other way and took what I gave them, they would drive & kick, make the extra pass, etc. It was really fun and extremely challenging! Like I said I have never played a 2k game that was this competitive without tweaking sliders to make the CPU more unrealistic than anything.

Anyways, I'm close to done with my roster so I can get started in a my league by thanksgiving and enjoy the game the rest of basketball season. Most all the changes were universal and then some player specific edits strictly for gameplay purposes. I have no idea how they play out in a sim? I did sim 5x last night though and things looked pretty good for me, but I'm not as picky compared to others here. I play a 1 year 82 game season with 12 minute quarters and I'll play with 1 team from the East & one from the West so it's all the time I have to get a full season in. So, I don't really care about the depth in multiple years, but I just wanted to give a disclaimer if you are using this roster as far as the sim stats go. I have said this before, but I am not a roster maker with the intent to be perfect or share any of this. I have been editing my own roster ever since I can remember. I still have things to fine tune but for ME it's playing a great game of basketball that mimics what we see on tv and thats all I care about along with making a ultra competitive yet realistic CPU and AI to keep me in the immersion of a game. I want to see players use their real life moves, be unpredictable, hit the open man, etc... I hope whoever uses this roster enjoys it even if it's just for play now games or for using it for just something different until the real roster makers release their files... I know I am enjoying the H@@L out of it... I can't wait to get a my league started and hopefully lose some games and struggle to get in the playoffs! LOL

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 11-15-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 02:44 AM   #172
MVP

OVR: 3
Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Ok gotcha. The classic teams are my age group too lol. You know your getting old when the teams you grew up watching are called classic.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah 80's / 90's is my time. I've been watching old NBA games lately to help sett up a classic league this year. It's amazing to see how dramatically the game has evolved. I was watching a 1990 Playoff game between the Bulls & Pistons. The lack of consistent outside shooting blew me away. Real sharpshooters like Dale Ellis or Glen Rice were pretty rare. Still love that era though. Jordan got leveled in the first half of the Pistons game & there was no foul called at all! Not even a time out called. They just kept playing!

I'm watching some Suns games right now trying to develop a playbook to fit a KJ, Hornacek, Chambers team. Really fun team to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #173
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I just updated the roster for all those interested in it and I had a lot of changes in this one. Here is a list of everything that has been done so far...

xbox 1 - Vannwolfhawk206

Playbooks & Play Types
All sig shots up to date From Sig Shot Thread
POE's Done
All advanced rotations done
Badges Added
CAP's Added
All Coaches & Staff's edited
List of Help Defense Slider tweaks for each team (This is a huge difference in CPU defensive play) - Go between 75-99 depending on team. In play now you can switch controller and adjust their help defense slider then go back to your team and it will stick...

Tendencies Done
  1. Fast Break Edits Globally fixed (Transition Spot Up vs Cut)
  2. Dribble Right/Left Globally fixed
  3. Driving dribble moves removed Globally (minus a couple)
  4. Post moves Globally done & favoring players dominant shooting shoulder with Fades & Hooks
  5. All post moves scaled to 100
  6. All Post & Face up's balanced to 100 scale
  7. Passing Vision, IQ, Pass to Open man all redone league & player wide
  8. All touches adjusted for every team
  9. Triple Threat Jab, Pump Fake, & Idle all globally scaled using 100 scale
  10. Finishing moves on the drive (player specific synergy data) added
  11. All Step Back Jumpers for players (player specific synergy data) who use them from 2016 & 2017 stats
  12. All Pull-Up Jumpers for players who use them from 2016 & 2017 stats for...
    - Transition
    - Mid
    - 3 Pt.
  13. All Floaters globally eliminated minus guys who use them
  14. All Players Drive tendencies off synergy data from 2016 & 2017
    - Driving
    - Spin
    - Euro
    - Hop
  15. All the no dribble moves scaled & put higher globally
  16. All Iso's for superstars scaled higher to see more ISO's in game
  17. All Teams & Players Play discipline scaled & edited specific to player or position
  18. Used Sonic's draw fouls, fouls, steal, block & reach in attributes league wide
  19. Aggressive backdown eliminated and ZERO'd out to eliminate the post drive glitch
  20. All Players & teams Size Up's scaled to 100 between...
    - Size-Up
    - Hesitation
    - No Set Up Move
  21. All roll vs pop globally done
  22. A few players got an attribute upgrade like Jaylen Brown, Tobias Harris, etc...
  23. All other Edits were to dial in certain players and balancing after testing CPU vs CPU and USER vs CPU games...
  24. All Finish Strong tendencies scaled and redone

That's all I can think of for now, but not much else to dial in except a few small tweaks to players personalities and balancing shots or drives off spot up's or off screens. After I dialed everything in I locked down a slider set and took it into my league and playoffs mode last night while editing all the teams help defense sliders. I am not sure I have ever had this much fun playing 2k minus me and my brothers wars in the early 2000's! It really plays a beautiful game of basketball. The CPU is no joke and I don't feel cheated at all. You really have to lock in for the full game or before you know it your down 15. I got routed by 20 plus 3-4x last night and loved every second of it. I play on HOF with CPU shooting sliders higher & all the CPU defensive sliders maxed for the most part, but I never felt cheated in any way as it was either my mistakes or just a great play by the CPU. I might have missed picking up a man in transition, went under screen to early & CPU went the other way and took what I gave them, they would drive & kick, make the extra pass, etc. It was really fun and extremely challenging! Like I said I have never played a 2k game that was this competitive without tweaking sliders to make the CPU more unrealistic than anything.

Anyways, I'm close to done with my roster so I can get started in a my league by thanksgiving and enjoy the game the rest of basketball season. Most all the changes were universal and then some player specific edits strictly for gameplay purposes. I have no idea how they play out in a sim? I did sim 5x last night though and things looked pretty good for me, but I'm not as picky compared to others here. I play a 1 year 82 game season with 12 minute quarters and I'll play with 1 team from the East & one from the West so it's all the time I have to get a full season in. So, I don't really care about the depth in multiple years, but I just wanted to give a disclaimer if you are using this roster as far as the sim stats go. I have said this before, but I am not a roster maker with the intent to be perfect or share any of this. I have been editing my own roster ever since I can remember. I still have things to fine tune but for ME it's playing a great game of basketball that mimics what we see on tv and thats all I care about along with making a ultra competitive yet realistic CPU and AI to keep me in the immersion of a game. I want to see players use their real life moves, be unpredictable, hit the open man, etc... I hope whoever uses this roster enjoys it even if it's just for play now games or for using it for just something different until the real roster makers release their files... I know I am enjoying the H@@L out of it... I can't wait to get a my league started and hopefully lose some games and struggle to get in the playoffs! LOL
Nice Job man, what other sites are you using for synergy stats.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #174
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Vann can you post you POE and help defense sliders for us ps4 people

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #175
MVP

Hey vann,

I'm super late to this party, but I wanted to get your (and anyone's) thoughts on some issues I've been seeing while doing my roster edits this year.

Drive/Attack/Driving Layup:
Would I be crazy if I said that, even with the Attack slider bumped up to 90+, pretty much every player who can put the ball on the floor should have at least around a 90 Drive, Off Screen Drive, and Spot Up Drive? I feel like every NBA wing player (along with many bigs) can catch and put the ball on the floor if the defense closes out hard, and will do so if they choose not to shoot.

There are exceptions to this rule IMO, of course. Mostly spot-up shooters like Kyle Korver, who's only interested in either shooting on the catch or passing, but even then, he'll drive for the one-dribble pull-up sometimes, so his Drive tendencies should be fairly high.

And then, just to make sure that everyone doesn't turn into Westbrook, most players' (at least non-scorers) Dish tendency will be high, because many players don't drive to score as much as they drive just to make the defense collapse so they can kick it back out.

Drive Pullup Three:
I feel like the Drive Pullup Three tendency should be fairly low for most players, since, as far as I can tell, it makes players too willing to take off-balance three-pointers-- the kind you only really see Stephen Curry shoot consistently. From what I've seen, most players IRL prefer to set their feet when shooting threes, even when dribbling into a three-pointer.

Big-Man/Wing Touches (pertaining to Pick and Roll):
I'm curious about the way other roster editors consider pick-and-roll when determining touches, since it's the only two-man play type. What I mean is, when a player IRL runs a lot of pick-and-roll and you want him to do the same in 2K, how do you decide whether or not the pick-and-rolls should be initiated by the big man getting the Roll Man play called for him, or the wing getting the Ballhandler play called for him?

For example, I'm editing the current Jazz. They run quite a few pick-and-rolls IRL, but are those pick-and-rolls called for Rubio/Hood/Ingles, or are they called for Favors/Gobert? I ask this because the answer to that question would determine whose touches should be higher between the big man and the wing player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #176
MVP

God damn I wish I was on x1.

jmills, did you post a roster on 2k share?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »