Home

UFC 237: Namajunas v Andrade

This is a discussion on UFC 237: Namajunas v Andrade within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-12-2019, 12:39 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 237: Namajunas v Andrade

That was the first UFC slam KO championship win I'm pretty sure. Rose kept going for a kimura trap, but Andrade held on and realized Rose isn't letting go so she dumped her on her head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2019, 12:41 AM   #26
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh Rose was doing well and winning up until that. She fought perfectly on the feet and stick and moved on the outside. But you gotta let go on those slams if your being lifted...you keep holding on and risk falling onto your head like that. Rampage use to slam guys on their heads like that all the time in Pride. DC also does that slam, but he's never ko'd anyone with it like that.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 AM   #27
Rookie

Wow women's mma has come so far in such a short time. How many people in 2012 would have believed in 2019 that there would be a UFC Women's Strawweight championship fight headlining a PPV streaming on ESPN and it would end in a slam KO.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

That was borderline illegal. Rose lost because she fought stupid. If she fought like that, JJ beats her both times.

So JJ gets the belt back, then Rose gets it back .... although JJ may not be able to make 115 now with her enhancements.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2019, 12:53 AM   #29
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTimeMMA
Wow women's mma has come so far in such a short time. How many people in 2012 would have believed in 2019 that there would be a UFC Women's Strawweight championship fight headlining a PPV streaming on ESPN and it would end in a slam KO.
Yh, hell you don't even see much slam KO's in men's MMA. But yh you definitely didn't see it in women's MMA.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #30
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
That was borderline illegal. Rose lost because she fought stupid. If she fought like that, JJ beats her both times.

So JJ gets the belt back, then Rose gets it back .... although JJ may not be able to make 115 now with her enhancements.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
I think she fought damn near perfectly for the style matchup she was going against. On the feet, she stayed on the outside and picked at her with quick shots, countered her coming in, mixed it up with the grappling, ect. She fought a pretty much perfect fight on the feet against the type of fighter Andrade is. Literally the only thing she messed up on were those slams imo and it cost her. The first time she got slammed she didn't fall on her head, so she was able to hold onto and attempt a sub. But with the single leg position on the cage, going for the kimura works better if they do a td like where they just pull your legs out from under you. But if you get picked up, you should always let go to brace your fall or avoid being spiked on your head. She learned the hard way, but other than that, I thought she did well.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:08 AM   #31
MVP

Yeah this was the first slam KO for WMMA in UFC championship fights, unless you count Ronda tossing Alexis Davis and finishing her off with GNP. Rose could've just channeled her inner Elias and not even look to strike much more after landing those hard shots. Rose ended up cornering herself and it allowed Andrade to easily grab her again. Andrade continues to show toughness- she got rocked a few times and still managed to catch her.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2019, 01:17 AM   #32
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Yeah this was the first slam KO for WMMA in UFC championship fights, unless you count Ronda tossing Alexis Davis and finishing her off with GNP. Rose could've just channeled her inner Elias and not even look to strike much more after landing those hard shots. Rose ended up cornering herself and it allowed Andrade to easily grab her again. Andrade continues to show toughness- she got rocked a few times and still managed to catch her.
Yh Andrade is tough i'll give her that, but Rose showed the blueprint on how to beat her tonight, despite loosing. You have to stay long, pick at her from the outside and avoid the fence so she can't wrestle. Andrade is really just a wrestling version of Wanderlei Silva when you really look at it. I think JJ has the perfect style to beat her tbh. I'm sure if JJ gets another shot after this, she'll beat Andrade again.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-12-2019 at 01:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »