Home

Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

This is a discussion on Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-20-2022, 02:12 PM   #89
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

Season length...again, again, and again.

There's basically zero way for most normal people to play through the MLB season without simulating & I cannot stand doing it.

It cannot be that complicated to put it back in. It was already there....
Old 07-21-2022, 11:35 PM   #90
Rookie

Aschulz484's Arena

OVR: 4

A couple things I can think of off the top of head…

1) graphics(jersey physics, grass and dirt, chalk lines)umpires need a redesign, they look dated.

2) presentation(a Sunday night baseball type presentation for Sunday’s, ads(commercials after innings, maybe not every inning) ball girls, security guys on the field)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-21-2022, 11:58 PM   #91
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

PLEASE

Let us edit player tendencies and strike zone tendencies.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2022, 06:10 PM   #92
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

One thing I'd like to see is the default stats shown front and center. When you're on the lineup page in franchise , it gives you At-Bats, HR, RBI, and Batting average. I'd personally much rather see OBP and SLG over RBI and Batting Average and Plate Appearances over At-Bats. And I wish they'd track OPS splits rather than relying so much on the "traditional" stats. And even in game, first AB of the game Batting Average is always shown; I'd much rather see OPS.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #93
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

With the trade deadline on the mind...I'd love to see contract/trade negotiations become more of a mini-game of sorts within franchise mode. I think getting the logic to work correctly is more important, but eventually capturing the excitement and stress of the deadline would be cool. I don't know a ton about hockey to know how accurate it is, but the NHL series seems to do that pretty well through things like GM relationships and having to negotiate multiple trades at a time at the deadline

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 08-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
With the trade deadline on the mind...I'd love to see contract/trade negotiations become more of a mini-game of sorts within franchise mode. I think getting the logic to work correctly is more important, but eventually capturing the excitement and stress of the deadline would be cool. I don't know a ton about hockey to know how accurate it is, but the NHL series seems to do that pretty well through things like GM relationships and having to negotiate multiple trades at a time at the deadline
I like this idea and hadn't thought of it. Speaking of the trade deadline, I'd also like to see three-team trades become an option. We've seen three-team trades more frequently at the deadline so I think it's time to make that an option. I'd also like to see an option to trade someone for cash considerations or a player to be named later. A player traded for cash considerations happens all of the time in baseball so it'd be cool to add that.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:25 AM   #95
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylo36
I like this idea and hadn't thought of it. Speaking of the trade deadline, I'd also like to see three-team trades become an option. We've seen three-team trades more frequently at the deadline so I think it's time to make that an option. I'd also like to see an option to trade someone for cash considerations or a player to be named later. A player traded for cash considerations happens all of the time in baseball so it'd be cool to add that.
How about also having more than 3 player slots for trades . That would be nice .

Sent from my thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2022, 02:23 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
How about also having more than 3 player slots for trades . That would be nice .

Sent from my thoughts
Agreed! I always compare things to NBA 2K because they do a good job with trades in their franchise mode. 2K allows up to 3-team trades and I believe they give each team 5 player slots. In addition to adding players to the slots, you can also include future draft picks. I'd like to see that included in future Show games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »