Home

MLB The Show 22 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-30-2022, 10:00 PM   #41
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Franchise Discussion Thread

I take it you don't have Drew VerHagen and Aaron Brooks in your team because they are not in the game?? Nick Martiniz would be missing being in japan last year

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-30-2022 at 10:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 10:16 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Good luck this season I plan to follow it love reading it. Once I get my game Friday i will wait for first roster update then I plan to share mine as well long as you don’t mind sharing the thread !

The thread is for everyone to share.

Look forward to reading your updates

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-31-2022, 07:59 AM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I go by what is happening in my franchise.

My franchise is my own universe separate from real life. It’s why honestly I was glad the rosters weren’t a 100% up to date because it allowed me to place free agents where I wanted based off my own thoughts and for entertainment purposes.

In my franchise the A’s and Reds didn’t do fire sales. Freeman returned to the Braves, Rizzo returned to the Cubs, Correa went back to Houston and so on.
Oooohhh...this is tempting. I'm guessing we'll get a Day 1 roster update when the online services go live that will take care of a lot of those transactions. But the ability to immediately shake-up the feel of the league right away is still just as tempting now as it was when the lockout was still going on.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:39 AM   #44
Rookie

rab912's Arena

looking forward to reading about all your guys franchises this year! i'll be starting my Pirates franchise tomorrow!
Old 03-31-2022, 08:54 AM   #45
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Oooohhh...this is tempting. I'm guessing we'll get a Day 1 roster update when the online services go live that will take care of a lot of those transactions. But the ability to immediately shake-up the feel of the league right away is still just as tempting now as it was when the lockout was still going on.
Yeah I think I will go with the updated roster, but if the base roster does still have all those players in free agency, then I will at least save it in case I decide to go back and rewrite history

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 09:42 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Haven’t started one in 22 yet, but I’m going to continue my plan from 21 by instituting a salary cap with budgets off. I set a $200m cap (sorry dodgers) and then manually trade high cap guys to teams with the lowest payroll. I try my best to have the trades make sense in terms of positional needs for each team.

My rule is that a team can add anyone during the season and go above $200m, but has to be back under the cap by Spring Training.

Another rule I instituted is that I can’t trade guys in the first year of their contract, and I also attach prospects if trading a high cap guy who has a low overall (like David Price, again sorry Dodgers).

Old 03-31-2022, 10:04 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
Haven’t started one in 22 yet, but I’m going to continue my plan from 21 by instituting a salary cap with budgets off. I set a $200m cap (sorry dodgers) and then manually trade high cap guys to teams with the lowest payroll. I try my best to have the trades make sense in terms of positional needs for each team.

My rule is that a team can add anyone during the season and go above $200m, but has to be back under the cap by Spring Training.

Another rule I instituted is that I can’t trade guys in the first year of their contract, and I also attach prospects if trading a high cap guy who has a low overall (like David Price, again sorry Dodgers).

Screw the Dodgers, sounds fair to me!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2022, 10:25 AM   #48
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Its that time of year again!

This is by far my favorite thread each and every year. I always enjoy reading the experiences, decisions, and results of other franchise players.

I have started Spring Training with my Cardinals. We are doing the Traditional DH and have turned off the extra innings runner rule. I have rosters set up to my liking so time to dive in and not look back.

Up first is the Astros.

#playball
Can't wait to read your franchise updates. Always a fun read that makes me want to turn my MLB on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »