Home

MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #41
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Live At 6 A.M., Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Oh god I DON’T like the sound of this at all! What’s the point of sliders if they’re gonna change hitting and play games with the slider gurus and we gotta tweak after every patch basically! Just leave the game alone! It always seem to be fine out of the box!

I found it to be hit happy.. not homerun happy. I loved that. But it ALWAYS goes to homerun happy after all the tweaks! Leave hitting alone when it was great in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found several games that play fine out of the box then they destroy it with patches. By the time 2k gets done patching their basketball game, it's basically last year's version with all the selling points for the new version no longer in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2020, 06:11 PM   #42
Rookie

KeyserSoze15's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty

The game does have issues with hit timing. I don't know how many times it has shown my bat making contact with the ball in the middle of the green timing window and says late or early yet it's in the dang green zone and my guy magically misses or fouls it off. Personally I believe they have a attributes issue and hot cold zone issues that allow hitters to get hits. If I have a diamond John Franco with 125k and 110 hit per 9 rating and 125 clutch rating a pitcher has zero business ever making contact on a perfectly placed pitch. Or a hitter with a 60 rating and ball is perfectly placed in his dark blue cold zone but the guy still hits a rope. Pitchers in online with perfect release hanging pitches way to often as well.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #43
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chode60005
I'm a Brewers fan and haven't noticed the home plate dirt (probably will now), but am disappointed they haven't fixed the score board Plate Appearances issues yet.* All players still have a 0 for PA during entire season.
You mean you haven’t noticed the home plate dirt that is as large as a crop circle?

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies
Old 05-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #44
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Live At 6 A.M., Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynas

3 complete games since the patch and haven't noticed anything different in terms of hitting or really anything for that matter.

I was hoping team records would be added to the Today's Games screen, but unfortunately they weren't.

Playing 4th game now

This is offline franchise on default legend - zone hitting - meter pitching

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-13-2020 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added play mode and settings
Old 05-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #45
Rookie

Im just sick and tired of patches in general. One after first 2 weeks to clean up the odd thing but leave the core (hitting and pitching) at what it is. If theres a ton of homers so be it mlb 20 is "the homer game" of the series. Use sliders and get over it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #46
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America

Remember when "community feedback" was a shiny, new, positive thing.

Cringe every time I see a patch notes mention it now.

Modern gaming sucks. Overrun by whiny card-playing brats.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:42 PM   #47
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

We have (2) PS4s. We have designated one of them to always be offline so it gets no patches.

Downside: We don’t get to play 1v1 online, no cards, no XP and no updated rosters.

Benefit: Seems to play fine the way it is. The fielding issues don’t seem to be a significant issue but it’s there.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #48
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphinrush3000
Im just sick and tired of patches in general. One after first 2 weeks to clean up the odd thing but leave the core (hitting and pitching) at what it is. If theres a ton of homers so be it mlb 20 is "the homer game" of the series. Use sliders and get over it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app
Unfortunately, I wish it were that simple. Even out of the box there are some glaring core issues that need to be patched (hence why you even have day 1 patches). The problem is that because the game engine is so complex and different people work on different aspects of that engine, they are not always in sync. So a person working on one aspect is doing something it does not know is impacting another aspect. The end result is fixing one problem but creating another.

SDS simply doesn't IMO have enough quality control bodies to catch these problems before the patch is released (this is also why they do beta testing).

So patches today are needed because the games are so complex given the short development cycle. Let's just hope in the future they can add more folks to the team. That's why they are pushing so hard DD..lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »