Home

MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty

And just for reference, that's for Jonathan schoop, who is not a good contact hitter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2020, 08:47 PM   #74
Banned

Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.11 Now Live, Tweaks Hitting in Diamond Dynasty

This is for Christian Stewart, the #9 hitter on the Detroit Tigers. He hit. 233 last year with a - 0.3 WAR.
I think they went a touch overboard here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #75
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Its always been that way. I don't have a still photo, but here's a game I broadcasted a month ago against the Mets, the PCI is the same as it is now.

PCI in reference photo is Ian Rice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (59.4 KB, 204 views)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-15-2020 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added still photo from referenced video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #76
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

I've found the game to be very frustrating since this latest patch. I have a lot of warning track flyouts while the CPU gets very cheap hits. I also am finding my pitchers missing middle/middle a ton. I would honestly prefer to see the CPU squaring up balls to get hits rather than weak ground balls directly over third base while my defense is shifted (every time). Manual baserunning is awful and the CPU guns out runners at a ridiculous rate. I still think this is the best baseball game ever made by far, but still is a little frustrating at times.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #77
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
I've found the game to be very frustrating since this latest patch. I have a lot of warning track flyouts while the CPU gets very cheap hits. I also am finding my pitchers missing middle/middle a ton. I would honestly prefer to see the CPU squaring up balls to get hits rather than weak ground balls directly over third base while my defense is shifted (every time). Manual baserunning is awful and the CPU guns out runners at a ridiculous rate. I still think this is the best baseball game ever made by far, but still is a little frustrating at times.
Unfortunately, patch 1.11 has not come close to fixing the auto cancel/runners freezing randomly on AB as it suggested. The darn thing even cancels on a foul ball, which I have no idea how you manually do that when the ball is not in play and no one is on base.

And yes...way too many base hits to opposite field on shifted defense. The reason shifted defense works IRL because the hitter with extreme pull tendency actually pulls the ball. In the game (and this is a legacy issue), no matter how much you pitch the hitter inside, he still pushes the ball to the opposite field. And if you throw outside, he lines it to opposite field. I hope this AI gets corrected with the new engine because it is a problem that is unrealistic.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:28 PM   #78
Rookie

Anytime SDS drops a patch that fixes online stuff all you see in these threads are “ wow my pitcher is struggling “ “ wow first game patch and I only got 4 hits” using patch notes to blame baseball being baseball. Our offline games are playing the same before the new patch dropped.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #79
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
Anytime SDS drops a patch that fixes online stuff all you see in these threads are “ wow my pitcher is struggling “ “ wow first game patch and I only got 4 hits” using patch notes to blame baseball being baseball. Our offline games are playing the same before the new patch dropped.

100% spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #80
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
5 games in, it's definitely different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »