Home

SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

This is a discussion on SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #33
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Why would the rosters be out of date?
The rosters will be out of date, either at launch or shortly afterwards. It may not be a big deal to some, but for others it will kill the mode. Let's say Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel sign the day after The Show launches. They will forever be excluded from the mode. Let's say there is a big trade in May or June, or even at the deadline, you will still be forced to play the mode with the launch day rosters. It can kill any urge to play the mode for some.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #34
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
That is what I thought I heard as well. That makes it very enticing to me. If you use custom rosters and your edits. Carrying over to a full franchise mode is sweet.
You cannot use custom rosters in March to October, due to the fact that rewards are linked to the mode. Using custom rosters could potentially allow people to manipulate the playing field, making it easier for them to earn the end-of-season rewards. So rosters will be locked at the Opening Day 2019 default ones.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #35
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
You cannot use custom rosters in March to October, due to the fact that rewards are linked to the mode. Using custom rosters could potentially allow people to manipulate the playing field, making it easier for them to earn the end-of-season rewards. So rosters will be locked at the Opening Day 2019 default ones.
Okay I see

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #36
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Yes, you play thru the 2019 season with one team. At the end of the year, you're given the option to take this team into Franchise Mode and begin in the 2020 season.
Oh that is actually pretty cool. I probably would do that if you were allowed to use custom rosters. I generally like to start with a rebuild so that would allow me to get that first season over with quickly.

But the lack of custom rosters and the lack of having all the franchise tools such as trades and scouting will likely prevent me from playing this mode. I will stick to franchise and my "play 1, sim 5" method to get through the seasons.

I would prefer this mode was more of an "option" within franchise, rather than a standalone mode.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM   #37
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

I would not put it past SDS to patch and update it a few times during the season, as long as they felt it did not change the balance too much. If the is a success then I could probably see it added into franchise as an option without rewards.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
As of release they are being locked to release day rosters. I don't see why they could not update the mode with roster updates occasionally.

But since the mode offers rewards for completing it they want players to all be on equal footing when it comes to earning those rewards.

Oh I didn’t realize that. I assumed the rosters you use would be based on whatever the current version of default rosters there was. Yeah that’s not a great decision. I’d prefer they lock the mode till the first major opening day roster update. Forcing everyone to use release day makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
I would not put it past SDS to patch and update it a few times during the season, as long as they felt it did not change the balance too much. If the is a success then I could probably see it added into franchise as an option without rewards.

One would hope. I can see them doing this maybe once every month or two?
Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #40
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

Quote:
How I understood it from the stream was that they want it to stay as Opening Day rosters for the whole season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »