Home

SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

This is a discussion on SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #25
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
However, saying it's now Candy Crush era and intimating you can't play for fun to emulate a baseball franchise is simply hyperbole for effect.
;-) just a bit loll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
While I do notice a shift, as we do across all console sports games and it is a disturbing trend, I agree. Thank God for PC games like OOTP and FOF8.

However, saying it's now Candy Crush era and intimating you can't play for fun to emulate a baseball franchise is simply hyperbole for effect.

I agree with you here. At the end of the day, it is a business. As much as I hate the attention that has gone from “single-player” modes, I can understand the extra monetization of gaming. It just would be nice to see that extra cash, or more of it, put back into the game. But to equate things like DD to candy crush misses the mark.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #27
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

I apologize in advance, as I am sure this has been answered somewhere, but is this mode only a single season? I don't really understand the point of the mode if so. Wouldn't the main benefit of being able to get through an entire season quickly be to get deeper into a franchise?

I could see myself playing this mode if it was an option within franchise mode so that I could get further into a franchise and still have the ability to control many of the larger aspects of team building, but otherwise I see no benefit. Am I missing something?
Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #28
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
I apologize in advance, as I am sure this has been answered somewhere, but is this mode only a single season? I don't really understand the point of the mode if so. Wouldn't the main benefit of being able to get through an entire season quickly be to get deeper into a franchise?

I could see myself playing this mode if it was an option within franchise mode so that I could get further into a franchise and still have the ability to control many of the larger aspects of team building, but otherwise I see no benefit. Am I missing something?
Yes, you play thru the 2019 season with one team. At the end of the year, you're given the option to take this team into Franchise Mode and begin in the 2020 season.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Yes, you play thru the 2019 season with one team. At the end of the year, you're given the option to take this team into Franchise Mode and begin in the 2020 season.
Which would be great, with customized rosters. Perhaps a future version will turn off rewards and allow custom rosters, but as is, MTO would just something to kill time for me until rosters drop.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #30
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
If the rosters are out of date, the mode will fail. Not a good decision on SCEAs part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would the rosters be out of date?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #31
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
That is what I thought I heard as well. That makes it very enticing to me. If you use custom rosters and your edits. Carrying over to a full franchise mode is sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #32
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Why would the rosters be out of date?
As of release they are being locked to release day rosters. I don't see why they could not update the mode with roster updates occasionally.

But since the mode offers rewards for completing it they want players to all be on equal footing when it comes to earning those rewards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »