Home

Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

This is a discussion on Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 08:04 PM   #33
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't know if it will be the same in '19, but in '18 if you view the credits, OS is thanked for their feedback and continued support, which makes me think that while they don't interact, they still read and value the feedback they receive from the site.

And one other thing I'd like to say is that last year when my franchise file didn't carryover the way I had hoped, Chris and I think it was Luis reached out to me via PM and we went back and forth for about 45 minutes or so discussing the issue and they were trying to figure out the issue and how to correct it. They figured out the issue, which was my mistake, and explained why it happened and offered workarounds.

I say that because there is some thought that they simply don't care about us here anymore and I don't believe that is the case. They just choose to not interact, but still value the opinions and feedback from the community at OS.

If anyone who thinks that SDS does not come to OS is sadly mistaken. They still visit OS just don't respond or interact like they use to. Lorne and a few others still engage. There was issues at the beginning of last year with face guards etc and there was a thread where 2 SDS guys who were there to let us know about there intentions to correct the issue.

Now as far as thinking roster creators are not as important as say content creators etc is a sad day for our group I don't care how many hours those guys wanna log in, until you edit 30 teams X 90 players that equals to 2700 players plus your free agents that could easy be 3000 players then those will never simply understand and for OSFM, HYBRID, REALISM and my own MLB IN FOX ROSTER not to even be acknowledge, invited or mention is a slap in the face instead guys who stream diamond dynasty is more valued and more important than our small group of hard working roster creators.

2000 hours invested or not try investing 9 months of straight roster editing and creating 100's of players. YouTube'rs do there thing or twitch streamers , but roster content make the game more playable and enjoyable that the shipped game.

We all buy the game half done as far as rosters go only MLB LEVEL and maybe 15 real players per team in TRIPLE A the rest are all fake players do without OSFM guys, WTNY, Teeds , baumy and myself this game would be 50% complete as far as rosters and authenticity goes.

Just my thoughts I haven't said much on this whole topic and what would keep me from buying and playing MLB THE SHOW 19.

I have provided rosters, HEIGHT & WEIGHT LIST that they actually use and put those changes in I did that list since 2012, I do the SCEA ADDED PLAYERS LIST and THE MISSING PLAYERS LIST. I also have provided a PITCH EDIT CHART since 2015 so I can say I've put in well enough time with this game.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Houston; 01-24-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #34
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
They have their own forum now, so this is essentially a rival. (even if it does have a very different clientele) The Shownation site will always get priority as it's their own, but tbh they are rarely even on there. (I don't blame them, it's a bit of a cesspit)

Also, this site is the place for Franchise players, but franchise hasn't been a priority for a pretty long time now. The vast, vast majority of their interaction with the community is related to DD, so wouldn't be that relevant here.

I think it's just a reality that the focus of the game has moved on from the focus of this forum, combined with the developers moving to make their interactions a lot more announcement based, rather than discussions. I don't think that had much to do with them not liking negativity, or even not liking being asked questions they had no answer to, but just preferring to deal with things on their own terms. I doubt its really even their decision, it seems much more like a directive as a lot of the guys seem like they'd love to just chat about the game
No - I can guarantee you they don't interact because entitlement took over these forums and people couldn't get out of their own way.

This isn't an opinion. It's fact.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 01-24-2019, 08:18 PM   #35
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

We all need to take a step back... there is Huge entitlement here at OS and just in general, not just OSFM but any of the rosters we have worked on this past year for other games. Most guys working on OSFM and rosters can vouch for this BUT the issue is not that. The issue is what we and everyone defines as content creators and how we can get our platform to have a bigger voice. Right now roster creators and offline Franchise guys feel like there is no voice for them. Thats the issue. I saw it said that this is about us going to SCEA to get rosters out sooner lol um news to me because no. We have a process and that process wont speed up because of a brief visit or interaction. Thats all i have to say on this. We will be making a OSFM related announcement in the coming week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #36
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Welcome to the problem.

"They would be wise".

News flash - OS doesn't matter. It hasn't for a while. Why? Entitlement. At some point the crowd around here started thinking we were god's gift to sports gaming, and it showed. We shunned gamers who enjoy Ultimate Team modes. Not ignored them - literally attacked them because they liked something different than us.

And if you think it's because we like franchise mode? Second news flash - 90% of my content is franchise mode and I didn't get ignored. Guys like Bengal and MrHurricane and all kinds of franchise players ALL have voices. Why? Because they don't feel like they're entitled to it. They want the game to be better, not better for them.

It's still happening here. The replies are all "What can we blame on the devs" when the devs NEVER had to come here.

Look in the mirror. That's why OS is what OS is now.
Honestly, I don't like the disdainful and abusive tone you've taken about the community on here and think it's a real cop out to blame the community for the developers no longer coming on here. This is by far and away the least negative, most constructive computer game forum I've ever been on. It is full of people who love the game and just want it to be better, including some incredible people like the roster makers who genuinely do wonders, putting in crazy hours to improve this game for the developers. If this is too hostile an environment, then they are too sensitive, as I've not seen a less hostile computer game community. I was a moderator on the EA forums for years and frankly, this place is like an oasis of peace and civility in comparison.

But, if you want no one to say anything remotely critical of the game and the developers, then you are living in the clouds and frankly, you are doing the community you apparently serve a disservice by refusing to listen to or even acknowledge peoples complaints. People pay good money and put 100's of hours into this game and they are entitled to their opinions, whether that be positive or negative. In particular, if the rosters builders aren't happy and feel ignored, SDS should listen. As long as it's not abusive then there should be no problem.

I'm going to leave it at that, as you'll probably ban me(or certainly will if I keep going), either way, good night .
Old 01-24-2019, 08:25 PM   #37
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
If anyone who thinks that SDS does not come to OS is sadly mistaken. They still visit OS just don't respond or interact like they use to. Lorne and a few others still engage. There was issues at the beginning of last year with face guards etc and there was a thread where 2 SDS guys who were there to let us know about there intentions to correct the issue.

Now as far as thinking roster creators are not as important as say content creators etc is a sad day for our group I don't care how many hours those guys wanna log in, until you edit 30 teams X 90 players that equals to 2700 players plus your free agents that could easy be 3000 players then those will never simply understand and for OSFM, HYBRID, REALISM and my own MLB IN FOX ROSTER not to even be acknowledge, invited or mention is a slap in the face instead guys who stream diamond dynasty is more valued and more important than our small group of hard working roster creators.

2000 hours invested or not try investing 9 months of straight roster editing and creating 100's of players. YouTube'rs do there thing or twitch streamers , but roster content make the game more playable and enjoyable that the shipped game.

We all buy the game half done as far as rosters go only MLB LEVEL and maybe 15 real players per team in TRIPLE A the rest are all fake players do without OSFM guys, WTNY, Teeds , baumy and myself this game would be 50% complete as far as rosters and authenticity goes.

Just my thoughts I haven't said much on this whole topic and what would keep me from buying and playing MLB THE SHOW 19.

I have provided rosters, HEIGHT & WEIGHT LIST that they actually use and put those changes in I did that list since 2012, I do the SCEA ADDED PLAYERS LIST and THE MISSING PLAYERS LIST. I also have provided a PITCH EDIT CHART since 2015 so I can say I've put in well enough time with this game.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Congratulations - I'm glad editing a roster entitles you to a trip to SDS. Especially when roster editing is almost never a point that needs to be addressed face to face.

It's not the amount of time you spend doing it. No one respects guys like Ridin more than me (I have him on my Twitch stream every year to promote his roster) but that has literally ZERO to do with gameplay feedback or mode feedback.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 01-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #38
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Congratulations - I'm glad editing a roster entitles you to a trip to SDS. Especially when roster editing is almost never a point that needs to be addressed face to face.

It's not the amount of time you spend doing it. No one respects guys like Ridin more than me (I have him on my Twitch stream every year to promote his roster) but that has literally ZERO to do with gameplay feedback or mode feedback.

Agreed. I wouldn't even go if asked, but would be nice to have been offered. I am not just a roster creator I know this game inside and out and passionate about the game of baseball and am extremly knowelgeable about it. Who knows maybe ideas from roster guys they could have picked our brain to make maybe roster creating faster and quicker kinda like the whole FAST PLAY idea or QUICK COUNTS.

On the roster side of things all I am saying would be great if DEVS wanted to talk to roster guys that actually spend countless hours on that part of the game to see what they could do to make things better or faster ways to create rosters.

I have said my peace I did not mean to offend anyone. I will move on now.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #39
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

I wouldn’t come here.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:31 PM   #40
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I wouldn’t come here.
The irony is a bit thick seeing that, well, here you are.. But I do understand what you mean. If you were a dev and all. Which you presumably are not.

To me, it's a chicken and egg argument. A problem with no clear solution.

Even granted that we somehow all agree that OS has somehow changed over time for the worse (in ways that are different than society writ large), is it OS that became harder on the devs and they stopped coming here? (sidenote: we're treating the 'devs coming here' as some mythical oracle of delphi thing when they are just people with jobs like you and me...I find that worth a lol).

Or have the game developers (not any single individual dev per se, but "devs" being some sort of abstract monolith with limited say so and ability to decide) made strategic business decisions that have cumulatively caused the community to react in the way it has...and is that really why they stopped coming here? What came first?

It really boils down to which tribe you're rolling with. If you empathize with the devs and their position, then it's clearly the monstrously egotistical gaming community to blame. This seems to be our forum administrator's point of view. On the other hand, if you are feeling OS on this one a bit more, then it's all about how the devs dropped the ball on this, that, and the other. How they didn't do this when they could've and fergodsakes what kind of monster would do that to us?

Could we all do without the vitriol and should we converse more civilly? You bet your ***. Painting one side as no-nothing Twitch streamers or DD zombies and painting the other side as a ravenous horde of insatiable trolls or franchise mode people is just as bad. Gets us literally nowhere.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 01-24-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »