Home

Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

This is a discussion on Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
No offense to Mill, but I don't understand why they'd invite him and not someone like Ridin, who literally CREATES the roster than the developers themselves use!!!

Mill is a . . . twitch streamer. All SDS is doing is looking for popular twitch streamers to market their product for them to increase sales. Inviting someone like Ridin down to actually work on rosters beforehand or something of that nature would be more efficient and influential for the community, but once again SDS proves they're in it for money and nothing else. This is getting frustrating at this point.
Yeah I think that's where they kind of show their intentions with this sort of things tbh. They don't really want the feedback or help with the game, they are more after the cheap promotion.

Same goes for the twitch/youtubers as well though tbh, most of them are primarily in it to get more attention for their channel, not really to get a better game. It's stroking their ego's to get them to hype the game, at least in my opinion (same for all the "letting them release info about cards" and that stuff)

That's fine, that's what the partnership is and fair enough. But the whole thing seems pretty disingenuous from both sides.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

You're all absolutely right. Because I haven't been in OS and played the Show since before OS was here (and before it was The Show).

And you wonder why the devs don't come here for opinion anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #11
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
No offense to Mill, but I don't understand why they'd invite him and not someone like Ridin, who literally CREATES the roster than the developers themselves use!!!

Mill is a . . . twitch streamer. All SDS is doing is looking for popular twitch streamers to market their product for them to increase sales. Inviting someone like Ridin down to actually work on rosters beforehand or something of that nature would be more efficient and influential for the community, but once again SDS proves they're in it for money and nothing else. This is getting frustrating at this point.
So everyone is aware - Padgoi has been banned and brought back multiple times and has an agenda when mentioning me.

"Just a Twitch streamer" shows do much ignorance considering my history here.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
So everyone is aware - Padgoi has been banned and brought back multiple times and has an agenda when mentioning me.

"Just a Twitch streamer" shows do much ignorance considering my history here.

Mill, bro, I lurves j00. My point was, wouldn't it make more sense to let someone who builds something as important as a roster that literally EVERYONE uses including developers and major league players themselves rather than a twitch streamer go to the SCEA studios and provide input to the dev team? I don't think me being banned has anything to do with this conversation. I've watched your stream and enjoy it. Was just making an observation.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:09 PM   #13
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Mill, bro, I lurves j00. My point was, wouldn't it make more sense to let someone who builds something as important as a roster that literally EVERYONE uses including developers and major league players themselves rather than a twitch streamer? I don't think me being banned has anything to do with this conversation. I've watched your stream and enjoy it. Was just making an observation.
Ridin himself has admitted to doing rosters WAY more than playing the game at this point. If they're looking for roster stuff they know who he is.

Why would he be more beneficial than guys who have logged 2000+ hours and have large communities with which to gather feedback?

You guys keep thinking Twitch and YouTube is just this huge marketing tool. Guess how much FEEDBACK we get from those communities? Hell I created a bug spreadsheet last year WITH VIDEO (something OS never got) that trounced anything I was ever able to do here.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 01-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #14
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I am happy you got an opportunity to go to SDS, Mill...well deserved IMO.

For the record, I don't believe Mill to be a pushover or a tool to blindly promote their game like what ya'll are implying. He knows baseball, he'll be honest and he'll represent us well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 01-24-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Ridin himself has admitted to doing rosters WAY more than playing the game at this point. If they're looking for roster stuff they know who he is.

Why would he be more beneficial than guys who have logged 2000+ hours and have large communities with which to gather feedback?

You guys keep thinking Twitch and YouTube is just this huge marketing tool. Guess how much FEEDBACK we get from those communities? Hell I created a bug spreadsheet last year WITH VIDEO (something OS never got) that trounced anything I was ever able to do here.

Good points. If you've logged that many hours with the game and aren't just there to stroke their ego and actually pass along some of the issues this community has with the game, then I'm all for it. I just feel it's time SDS started listening to the HARDCORE gamers (such as yourself clearly) and not just fanboys stroking their proverbial egos and making them think they can rest on their laurels and continue getting our money every year with a product that isn't as innovative as it needs to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #16
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Good points. If you've logged that many hours with the game and aren't just there to stroke their ego and actually pass along some of the issues this community has with the game, then I'm all for it. I just feel it's time SDS started listening to the HARDCORE gamers (such as yourself clearly) and not just fanboys stroking their proverbial egos and making them think they can rest on their laurels and continue getting our money every year with a product that isn't as innovative as it needs to be.
That fact that many of you assumed the guys they brought in are the thing you say in here shows how little you deserve to be heard.

OS used to be for everyone. It used to be about ALL the game modes. It used to be EVERYONE got a voice without judging who someone was or what they've done or what they played

Now everyone sees a YouTuber or Twitch streamer as assumes instead of doing actual research. You know who else did that last week?

Reddit.

Sickens me that this place has come to this.

I hope you guys get what you want out of the game. But I'm done dealing with this type of person.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »