Home

PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

This is a discussion on PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #17
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

I need the abilty to customize leagues.
Drop Colorado, Miami, Tampa & Arizona.
Move the Brewers to the A.L.
Move the Astros to the N.L.
Then I can replay the 1981 season correctly .
I can live with the Expos playin' in D.C.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

They took a very smooth, but huge leap with catcher to pitcher animations being more connected and natural. Pitchers in older MLB games would throw a pitch, then stick their glove out and leave it in one spot and the catcher would return the ball by throwing it directly into the glove. It always distracted me. Then starting in around MLB 11 or so they made the pitcher move his arm in time with the catcher's return throw to catch the ball. Sure, it was always the same animation for each individual pitching animation, but there you go. I'd just like to see more things like that but all over.

Then they stepped it up by adding presentation upgrades, where they cut in scripted cut scenes that correspond to the change in camera angles to add even more variety. Be nice to see that kinda variety happen in real time as well going forward.

A better running animation for faster players. It just doesn't look right for a 6'5" slow footed pitcher to run the same way Michael Bourn or Mike Trout do. Just with the animation happening quicker.

And I imagine one of the reasons for there being All-Star uniforms and not just each player wearing their own team unis like IRL is because of processing power, having to load different uniforms for each player and all that is hard to program without causing issues, I imagine. Hopefully better hardware can facilitate something that won't bog down the system, if that's what the reason is. I don't really know.

AND maybe we can player's have more hand to bat and glove articulation and not have these robot wrists that bend at crazy angles.

Last edited by Eman5805; 07-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #19
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

There's a world of ideas to have about what MLB 14' The Show on the PS4 version could do. Dynamic weather is one I'm wondering about. It's good that they have been made well aware over the last couple years that we want weather to affect the game more, including the ability to cause double headers.

The perfect solution for me is to have a dynamic weather generator that can span united states. But if that's not possible, we can at least feature this idea:

Similar to what you can get in Formula1: 2012. We can have the ability for various different weather during games. We can have 15-20 minute stretches of cloudy overcast, to drizzle, or any dynamic weather situations. In Formula 1 these forecast just affect one weekend at a time. They also give percentages for chances of rain, yet that does not guarantee a presence of rain during the race event. And even can change over the weekend. I believe something along this line is possible for the PS4 to introduce and they may be getting this ready for us in MLB 14. I believe this is something they know we have desperately wanted.

I think wind patterns is another important addition that needs to be implemented as well. Realistic wind patterns and behaviour should be something we expect from MLB 14, as well.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

One of the other things i want is something that has been missing since the early days of madden on the sega genesis. In game and post game highlights from other games in the league. With the new wildcard format, if you are in a race in your division and its august how cool would it be for the announcer to update you during your game. Example
-You are the Orioles. You are 2 games back in the division
-The Rays are in first and you are tied with the Yankees for wild card
-in between innings the announcer goes, "looks like we have an update from new york"
-Cut to the new york game
-"This 2 run home run has put the Yankees in the lead. This game has playoff implications, so we will keep you up to date all game long"
-Cut back to your game.
Those types of things are next gen to me, and would do wonders to help the presentation.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

a few things for me this game MUST have:

-the domed/open versions of stadiums with retractable roofs

-Also, I want to be able to edit existing players appearances. If a player grows out a beard during the season, I want to be able to edit that. If a team grows beards for the playoffs, I want to be able to do that.

-Also, there's no reaosn players shouldn't look EXACTLY like their real life counterpart. Even EAs Gameface technology allows you look very close to the real you. With all the headshots/pictures of MLB players, this should be possible at this point.

- new commentary/presentation

I'm a bigger football, basketball fan than baseball, BUT I feel baseball games have the much greater upside and the ability to set the standard for sports games. The Show on PS3 has currently done that to a degree, but another notch would be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

MLB Network integration.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:00 AM   #23
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

We already know the graphics will be great. I hope they allow more user control from a gameplay standpoint..
Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #24
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Oh and please change the commentators. It's really time for a change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »