Home

MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2024, 03:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion

This is one of my favorite threads every year and even in the years I didn't play that active I loved to read the opinions on others transaction to get a deeper understanding of how transactions work in MLB. And since the Franchise threads are going strong, lets get this thing going as well!

Just a reminder from the last 2 years:

Things to consider mentioning in your post

Context to the situation - What are the teams records? How is their prospect development at the position in question? What are the finances of the player and the team? How is the player doing statistically? Are there any injury circumstances? The more specific you could be the better, especially when it comes to fictional trades and trades 5+ years in the future.

Ratings - Make sure to explain the ratings and potentials. Maybe in your franchise someone has significantly hire ratings or potential than in other people's franchise. Maybe it's a fictional player or maybe you adjusted ratings in your franchise on your own. No matter what, this is valuable information. What is their overall and potential?

Fair & realistic - Are you looking for one or the other, or both? This will help people when they give feedback to you. You can use the trade simulator tool to post a screenshot or something to help illustrate your trade.

Layout - If you layout your trade or what you are looking for in an organized manner, it will help. Here is how I layout trades when I look for feedback. You do not have to use this, and feel free to do it however you want, but remember that organization helps.

For example:

Padres Receive

SP Player A (MLB) 90 Overall - A Potential

1B Player B (MLB) 85 Overall - A Potential

Red Sox Receive

SS Player A (A) 60 Overall - A Potential

OF Player B (AAA) 70 overall - B Potential

What are some names you could see on the move? Who sits on a bad team just waiting to give another franchise hope to get into the next tier?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 09:46 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion

Let me ask this, I am in year 3 of my Jays chise and I got 2 players I need to get rid of.

-SP Kevin Gausman 6-5 3.89 era 86ovr A potential--(BUT he is regressing) final year making 22mil

-OF George Springer .314avg 6 HRs 389ops 75ovr A potential (Also regressing) final year making 25 mil

Of course when I have them on the block teams are offering unrealistic players. Reds offered me Elly De LA Cruz for Gausman, and Rockies were willing to part with Nolan Jones if I tossed in a C level prospect.

Just want an idea of possible potential levels I can expect. I was thinking C potential with a little bit of age on them.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-24-2024, 01:01 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Let me ask this, I am in year 3 of my Jays chise and I got 2 players I need to get rid of.

-SP Kevin Gausman 6-5 3.89 era 86ovr A potential--(BUT he is regressing) final year making 22mil

-OF George Springer .314avg 6 HRs 389ops 75ovr A potential (Also regressing) final year making 25 mil

Of course when I have them on the block teams are offering unrealistic players. Reds offered me Elly De LA Cruz for Gausman, and Rockies were willing to part with Nolan Jones if I tossed in a C level prospect.

Just want an idea of possible potential levels I can expect. I was thinking C potential with a little bit of age on them.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
I feel like no team would take those guys unless they're in a playoff race and really could use one more high level SP, or one more productive OF/DH.

You can probably get a young C level or maybe a B level prospect at best in order to be realistic. OR maybe a guy in his 20's that could be good if given a chance to play every day but is sitting on some team's minor league roster.

You're definitely on the right track though, with trying to keep the trading somewhat realistic. Like, a small market team is VERY unlikely to make this trade unless they are really gunning for a WS.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:37 PM   #4
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

I've been playing with the Angels and am pretty sure I'll be selling at the deadline. I'm at the beginning of June 2024 and Patrick Sandoval has a ~3.00 ERA leads the league in Ks and is 1st in Cy Young voting. I won't pull the trigger until closer the deadline, but assuming nothing huge changes, thoughts on this?

I'm looking at a trade with the Diamondbacks that gives them a controlled starter to add with Gallen, Kelly and Pfaadt. Snakes are 5 games up in their division to the Dodgers so look like they'll be buyers. The trade I have in mind is OF Druw Jones and SS Tommy Troy for Sandoval. Sandoval is an 80 OVR and has 2 additional seasons of control beyond this season. Neither Jones or Troy is on the 40 man so both have full team control remaining. I don't have exact ratings on hand, but both are A potential with good and improving ratings. Jones has been out for about a month with an injury but still looks solid.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:47 PM   #5
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoastIsBen
I've been playing with the Angels and am pretty sure I'll be selling at the deadline. I'm at the beginning of June 2024 and Patrick Sandoval has a ~3.00 ERA leads the league in Ks and is 1st in Cy Young voting. I won't pull the trigger until closer the deadline, but assuming nothing huge changes, thoughts on this?

I'm looking at a trade with the Diamondbacks that gives them a controlled starter to add with Gallen, Kelly and Pfaadt. Snakes are 5 games up in their division to the Dodgers so look like they'll be buyers. The trade I have in mind is OF Druw Jones and SS Tommy Troy for Sandoval. Sandoval is an 80 OVR and has 2 additional seasons of control beyond this season. Neither Jones or Troy is on the 40 man so both have full team control remaining. I don't have exact ratings on hand, but both are A potential with good and improving ratings. Jones has been out for about a month with an injury but still looks solid.
I would give up more than Sandoval for those two top prospects. Maybe one of your top prospects in return at a position where you have depth?

Do you need Troy? You have Neto for a while as your SS right ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I would give up more than Sandoval for those two top prospects. Maybe one of your top prospects in return at a position where you have depth?

Do you need Troy? You have Neto for a while as your SS right ?
Neto had like a .400 OPS before being optioned in mid May and has like a .145 AVG in 100+ AB at AAA at this point, so I'm not sure what I'll get from him going forward. I like Troy because his defensive ratings mean I could in theory let him and Neto duke it out for future SS/3B/2B. Angels farm is super subpar outside of a few dudes and I'm not sure ARZ needs prospects if they're going for it. What about adding RP Jose Soriano? He's a player I've been debating adding in to even out the value. He's 25 with minimal service time. He has about 20IP with me this season so far with a ~4 ERA. But he has as many walks as strikeouts which has turned me off using him long term. But his base attributes are kinda crazy.

For context, ARZ bullpen is good but not great, so another controllable option could make sense.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:02 PM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoastIsBen
Neto had like a .400 OPS before being optioned in mid May and has like a .145 AVG in 100+ AB at AAA at this point, so I'm not sure what I'll get from him going forward. I like Troy because his defensive ratings mean I could in theory let him and Neto duke it out for future SS/3B/2B. Angels farm is super subpar outside of a few dudes and I'm not sure ARZ needs prospects if they're going for it. What about adding RP Jose Soriano? He's a player I've been debating adding in to even out the value. He's 25 with minimal service time. He has about 20IP with me this season so far with a ~4 ERA. But he has as many walks as strikeouts which has turned me off using him long term. But his base attributes are kinda crazy.

For context, ARZ bullpen is good but not great, so another controllable option could make sense.
Yeah that all makes sense to me if they would use Soriano as a top bullpen arm. Ariz has huge depth at young SS and with Carroll and Thomas in the OF so I would think they would be willing to trade Troy and Jones for the right price to go for the WS.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:04 PM   #8
Rookie

also probably no way the Dbacks trade Jones, given pick and prospect status he carries for Sandoval without something else going back.

but thats reality. its your sim world. do with it as you see fit, so long as it remains fun and keeps you immersed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »