Home

MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2024, 02:06 PM   #9
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Trade Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Yeah that all makes sense to me if they would use Soriano as a top bullpen arm. Ariz has huge depth at young SS and with Carroll and Thomas in the OF so I would think they would be willing to trade Troy and Jones for the right price to go for the WS.
Cool. Thanks for the input. Hopefully nothing stupid happens between now and the deadline to mess up my plans.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:14 PM   #10
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoastIsBen
Cool. Thanks for the input. Hopefully nothing stupid happens between now and the deadline to mess up my plans.
Awesome hope it works out. I made a massive deal with Ariz in my Marlins rebuild so I wavered for a long time figuring out how I could get J Lawler and D Jones and still make it fair. I ended up doing 2 trades with Ariz and also included Cleveland in the deal to make it a 3 team deal. It was painstaking.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:21 PM   #11
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

Quote:
Awesome hope it works out. I made a massive deal with Ariz in my Marlins rebuild so I wavered for a long time figuring out how I could get J Lawler and D Jones and still make it fair. I ended up doing 2 trades with Ariz and also included Cleveland in the deal to make it a 3 team deal. It was painstaking.
Yeah I've started putting a lot more thought into my trades after talking myself into acquiring Jackson Holliday for essentially nothing last year as the Rockies. Fun to have a stacked team and a cool story to bring another Holliday to Denver. I also got Kyle Tucker in 2020 for super cheap and he was awesome. But fleecing the CPU has had long term effects on the fun of the franchise. I'd rather do something "mostly" realistic so my superstars don't feel like they have an asterisk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 02:28 PM   #12
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoastIsBen
Yeah I've started putting a lot more thought into my trades after talking myself into acquiring Jackson Holliday for essentially nothing last year as the Rockies. Fun to have a stacked team and a cool story to bring another Holliday to Denver. I also got Kyle Tucker in 2020 for super cheap and he was awesome. But fleecing the CPU has had long term effects on the fun of the franchise. I'd rather do something "mostly" realistic so my superstars don't feel like they have an asterisk.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:01 PM   #13
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

I am looking for a minor deal for the Mariners lineup. Either a First Baseman or an Outfielder, preferably on either side.

I am looking at Connor Joe(Pirates), Jonathan India(Reds), Akil Baddoo(Tigers) or Jesus Sanchez (Marlins)

Since I am new to the MLB I don't know what would be an appropriate value for a small deal like that. At least the first two are more or less regulars in their teams lineups.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:16 PM   #14
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I feel like no team would take those guys unless they're in a playoff race and really could use one more high level SP, or one more productive OF/DH.

You can probably get a young C level or maybe a B level prospect at best in order to be realistic. OR maybe a guy in his 20's that could be good if given a chance to play every day but is sitting on some team's minor league roster.

You're definitely on the right track though, with trying to keep the trading somewhat realistic. Like, a small market team is VERY unlikely to make this trade unless they are really gunning for a WS.
Agreed.

I guess I didn't mean to say I NEED to get rid of them, just wanted to free up the cash for contract renewals.

I'll probably just hang onto them since it's their contract years, and I'm leading the division so there's that.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-24-2024, 03:19 PM   #15
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
I am looking for a minor deal for the Mariners lineup. Either a First Baseman or an Outfielder, preferably on either side.

I am looking at Connor Joe(Pirates), Jonathan India(Reds), Akil Baddoo(Tigers) or Jesus Sanchez (Marlins)

Since I am new to the MLB I don't know what would be an appropriate value for a small deal like that. At least the first two are more or less regulars in their teams lineups.
I always pick up Garrett Hampson. He doesn't play first, but pretty much plays every other position. No power, but he's fast as h3ll.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 04-25-2024 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 03:30 PM   #16
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09

Conner Joe is one of those guys who does it all too and the Pirates would probably part with him without a fight. I bet the reds would part with India for a power bat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »