Home

Old 04-23-2024, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bunting

I cannot for the life of me bunt the ball on the ground Its always a pop up and i pull the left stick down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 01:45 PM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Bunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmith05
I cannot for the life of me bunt the ball on the ground Its always a pop up and i pull the left stick down
Are you trying to bunt with a guy that has a terrible bunt attribute? Or does this happen with every player.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:06 PM   #3
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

Been this way for years brother

“It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life” -Mickey Mantle
Old 04-23-2024, 02:42 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
That could mean it’s a pitch you are putting the barrel of the bat UNDER the ball by pressing down. Try pressing up.

I’ve gotten the knack of it and am doing fairly well with it this year.

Now….check swings? Don’t get me started, lol.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah pressing down. I will try up and see. I am using guys with decent bunt stats like TJ Friedl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 03:16 PM   #6
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yeah pressing down. I will try up and see. I am using guys with decent bunt stats like TJ Friedl
I think with a guy with a good bunt rating, you don't have to push up or down. Usually I have no issues just bunting without giving it an up or down.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:52 PM   #7
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

They broke this years ago when bunting was being 'abused' in online games. So they made it so players have to hit a certain ratings threshold to have decent bunts. I think you'll only ever lay down a truly excellent bunt if they're over a 70 at minimum. Those are the guys who can bunt for singles sometimes, if they have speed. I think anything below a 50 seems to be an automatic popup (almost always directly to the pitcher) or rocket to the third baseman. It sucks. Because the online community whining about bunting is what caused them to change it. All I can say is, at least we don't have pitchers hitting anymore. That was when I bunted most. But I still try to drop bunts if I have a guy on second with no outs and the batter isn't great. It just won't work majority of the time. Using the directional stick to aim the bunts definitely helps, but I swear they're mostly popups if their rating is bad regardless.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
They broke this years ago when bunting was being 'abused' in online games. So they made it so players have to hit a certain ratings threshold to have decent bunts. I think you'll only ever lay down a truly excellent bunt if they're over a 70 at minimum. Those are the guys who can bunt for singles sometimes, if they have speed. I think anything below a 50 seems to be an automatic popup (almost always directly to the pitcher) or rocket to the third baseman. It sucks. Because the online community whining about bunting is what caused them to change it. All I can say is, at least we don't have pitchers hitting anymore. That was when I bunted most. But I still try to drop bunts if I have a guy on second with no outs and the batter isn't great. It just won't work majority of the time. Using the directional stick to aim the bunts definitely helps, but I swear they're mostly popups if their rating is bad regardless.
It was mostly online reasons, but also there were rarely any bunts in real life outside of pitchers. That has changed in the last few years so I’m curious if they find a way to bring it back for offline at least since many teams are bunting for hits now. The Mets did it twice in a row in a game last week and have used it a lot this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »