Home

Old 04-24-2024, 01:04 PM   #9
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Bunting

I tested this last night, man on 2nd bottom of the 8th in a tie game at home, no outs. My best bunter available was on the bench with a 45 bunt rating. I brought him in, bunted by pressing triangle with no direction, he laid down a perfect sac bunt. This is using directional hitting.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:05 PM   #10
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I tested this last night, man on 2nd bottom of the 8th in a tie game at home, no outs. My best bunter available was on the bench with a 45 bunt rating. I brought him in, bunted by pressing triangle with no direction, he laid down a perfect sac bunt. This is using directional hitting.
I get those occasionally too. But I find they're very rare. Most of mine pop up straight to the pitcher, or shoot down the line too fast at the third baseman. I can get sacrifices, but never the precision we used to have.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:54 AM   #11
Rookie

I’ve noticed the last 3 years of playing - if you are trying to bunt for a hit and use a directional cue beforehand - you are more likely to “kill it” i.e. line drive etc. - if you don’t use a directional cue and you show bunt early in the pitch you are more likely to lay a normal bunt down.

My issue has been more with the computer throwing out my stinking runner I’m trying to advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 01:06 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
I’ve noticed the last 3 years of playing - if you are trying to bunt for a hit and use a directional cue beforehand - you are more likely to “kill it” i.e. line drive etc. - if you don’t use a directional cue and you show bunt early in the pitch you are more likely to lay a normal bunt down.

My issue has been more with the computer throwing out my stinking runner I’m trying to advance!
I agree with this assessment. I think it is because the drag bunt was abused as it was too easy to bunt it to the 2B and be safe with anyone that had a speed rating over 60. But the regular bunts seem to work fine.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:05 PM   #13
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Bunting seems to work better on the easier difficulty levels but Veteran and up, its a whole 'nother story. Sony should do bunting and fielding just like the do putching and batting, have a difficulty level for all of them ,from Beginner to Legend.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »